Poll

Should he lose admin powers?

Yes
111 (41.7%)
No
155 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 266

Voting closed: April 18, 2011, 10:16:54 pm

Author Topic: [VOTE] nuffen/Lilith  (Read 10671 times)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
[VOTE] nuffen/Lilith
« on: April 15, 2011, 10:16:38 pm »
Vote ends on April 18th.
Votes can be changed.
ONLY THE ACCUSED MIGHT POST. EVERYONE ELSE WILL BE IMMEDIATELY MUTED.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:22:58 pm by cmpxchg8b »

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
Re: [VOTE] nuffen/Lilith
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 10:27:25 pm »
Hi
I've volunteered to do the job as an admin and I've now been an admin for half a year.  I don't get paid, and I use a lot of my playtime trying to keep leechers and teamkillers from dominating the servers. To ban a leecher, I have to observe him for several rounds, that means instead of playing and having fun, I have to go into spectate and observe if hes really leeching, so I dont ban anyone by mistake.

This work also means I have to go through lists and write down why I ban people on a very slow banlist (getting fixed soon I hear, YEY!), also stealing a lot of my playtime.

But I do all of this because I love c-rpg. I love the players, you, and I love the mod. I think you all deserve to be able to enjoy this game without teammates killing you or leechers getting the rewards as gold, levels and heirlooms without doing the playing that you do. I've dedicated a lot of time to do this, and Im gonna continue to do that.

In my work as an admin Id have to ban some people. I don't like to do it, but it needs to be done. Some of these people want to be able to leech, teamkill or harass others in the chat, so they get angry when I'm not allowing them to do that. Want me to continue to stop them from doing that? Then you should vote a NO so I can continue to help improving this community.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 10:35:26 pm by Lilith »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 10:24:19 pm »
+1
Just for you Lillith, love Turtle

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 10:31:12 pm »
And there you have it.
Don't.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 10:32:47 pm »
Aw, shucks!

Enjoy your immunity, until next time!  :evil:
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 10:33:20 pm »
So, this is proof that he is doing better, right? Hehehehe
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 10:36:16 pm »
Enjoy your immunity, until next time!  :evil:

See, it's stuff like this that clearly shows just how silly this whole system is. Because there probably will be a next time, completely irrespective of whether he actually does anything to warrant it in the meantime. Same bunch of troublemakers always stirring up drama over nothing.
Don't.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 10:40:06 pm »
See, it's stuff like this that clearly shows just how silly this whole system is. Because there probably will be a next time, completely irrespective of whether he actually does anything to warrant it in the meantime. Same bunch of troublemakers always stirring up drama over nothing.

Well we're causing "trouble" for a reason. Obviously something agitated this response from 111 players.

But I agree though, system is flawed.

Edit: Also, "in the meantime"? You're suggesting that people all of a sudden forget his behaviour (that initially caused the demand for this nomination) will suddenly be forgotten just because he barely passed a nomination poll?

People rarely forget these things.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:42:35 pm by Bjord »
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 10:41:33 pm »
Hi
I've volunteered to do the job as an admin and I've now been an admin for half a year.  I don't get paid, and I use a lot of my playtime trying to keep leechers and teamkillers from dominating the servers. To ban a leecher, I have to observe him for several rounds, that means instead of playing and having fun, I have to go into spectate and observe if hes really leeching, so I dont ban anyone by mistake.

This work also means I have to go through lists and write down why I ban people on a very slow banlist (getting fixed soon I hear, YEY!), also stealing a lot of my playtime.

But I do all of this because I love c-rpg. I love the players, you, and I love the mod. I think you all deserve to be able to enjoy this game without teammates killing you or leechers getting the rewards as gold, levels and heirlooms without doing the playing that you do. I've dedicated a lot of time to do this, and Im gonna continue to do that.

In my work as an admin Id have to ban some people. I don't like to do it, but it needs to be done. Some of these people want to be able to leech, teamkill or harass others in the chat, so they get angry when I'm not allowing them to do that. Want me to continue to stop them from doing that? Then you should vote a NO so I can continue to help improving this community.

yeah right, helping the community.... Scared Nuffin. half the community hates you.
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline BD_Guard_Bane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guards
  • Game nicks: BD_Guard_Bane
  • IRC nick: cmpxchg8b
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 10:43:46 pm »
yeah right, helping the community.... Scared Nuffin. half the community hates you.

Half the community? Then why did only 111 people vote to remove? Is the community only 222 people?
I defended the village and all I got was this stupid title.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 10:44:34 pm »
Well we're causing "trouble" for a reason. Obviously something agitated this response from 111 players.

But I agree though, system is flawed.

No way of knowing just how many of those 111 actually had any kind of reason for voting against him aside from trolling, or being swayed by hearsay from the loudmouths out to get him without actually knowing anything about it themselves. I certainly haven't seen any evidence of wrongdoing at any point whatsoever, but unfortunately the system doesn't require there to be any.
Don't.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 10:46:30 pm »
No way of knowing just how many of those 111 actually had any kind of reason for voting against him aside from trolling, or being swayed by hearsay from the loudmouths out to get him without actually knowing anything about it themselves. I certainly haven't seen any evidence of wrongdoing at any point whatsoever, but unfortunately the system doesn't require there to be any.

Advertising the thread, like he did. Asking people to vote No, because "blah blah tears tears. should be illegal. Or have Admins also advertise people too vote yes, and give the reason given written on the thread.
He approached several clans, asking if there clanleaders if they could vote no,,, its jsut lame tactics

Just watch.. Nuffin will be on powermonger mode in a few days... and sucking #$%^ when next nomination comes up
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:52:50 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 10:51:18 pm »
Eh, the people who are against him are also taking advantage of the system for personal reasons. What Lilith does to get votes is his business, it's not regulated.

The system is quite simply broken.
Don't.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 10:52:05 pm »
Advertising the thread, like he did. Asking people to vote No, because "blah blah tears tears. should be illegal. Or have Admins also advertise people too vote yes, and give the reason given written on the thread.
He approached several clans, asking if there clanleaders if they could vote no,,, its jsut lame tactics

Are we ignoring the various people who visited the EU servers asking people to vote yes?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 10:52:25 pm »
The only way nuffen will be voted out if a RESPECTED member of the eu community starts the vote, not some Merc troll
Just a soldier