Author Topic: 2h stab madness  (Read 5585 times)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
Re: 2h stab madness
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 02:31:26 am »
Ok, but what about Katana stab then????? :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 02:33:40 am »
+1
Just like everything else...

I totally agree I was just merely referencing it so that people will remember how nerfed it is.. I mean, it could be a lot worst.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 03:10:11 am »
+3
Change 2h animations so they're like 1h, in that each swing is specialized. Having so few disadvantages to any of the 2h animations, I feel that the thrust is the only one that is actually specialized. If anything, I'd say change the horizontal swings so that they're more specialized, having clear disadvantages like the 1h ones do.

Thrusts are the only swings that 2hers have that really have any downsides. I don't believe that the thrust by itself is OP. I believe however, that the combination of their animations, their swing damage, and their speed, that allow two-handers to utilize the thrust so effectively without any downsides, makes for an overpowered weapon.

Disclaimer: By 2h I obviously mean greatswords, and not just the ones that have "Greatsword" in the name.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 03:22:01 am »
Ok, but what about Katana stab then????? :D
Still OP, easy mode and instant.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2012, 07:24:12 am »
i am 2 h hero myself and i would  like lolstabb nerfed, it is insane how others use that stabb, other way is to reduce stabb damage so maybe people would think twice befor stabb, not even talking about insane reach anddamage it does. blah blah blah i just QQ.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2012, 08:03:13 am »
+8
Players were complaining of the game being too slow. Now we have a high speed attack that can be punished with anticipational blocking. Now they complain it's too fast.

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2012, 08:36:53 am »
+1
Players were complaining of the game being too slow. Now we have a high speed attack that can be punished with anticipational blocking. Now they complain it's too fast.

There's a difference between "fast" and "instant". As for "anticipational blocking", I find myself getting hit with stabs all the time even though I think to myself before it happens, "He's gunna stab, block down" and I do... then die anyway.

Also, agree on greatsword thrusts - they've always been too powerful and had too much reach.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2012, 09:54:37 am »
+1
There's a difference between "fast" and "instant". As for "anticipational blocking", I find myself getting hit with stabs all the time even though I think to myself before it happens, "He's gunna stab, block down" and I do... then die anyway.

Also, agree on greatsword thrusts - they've always been too powerful and had too much reach.

If you fail against instastabs - then you don't have enough of reaction. Anyway, instastabs is something that can be done only by high STR users or against no armour. If you whine that your 45 gold 10 armour Black Hood with Mask doesn't defend your face - good day sir, quit roleplaying ninjas.

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2012, 10:03:46 am »
Just give them polearm stab, they stop raging about instastab. This will change most 2hheroes to swordman form 4directional piker.
Some 2h sword price nerf then will be useful.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2012, 10:12:15 am »
+1
crpg players are like women

They have no fucking idea what they want
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2012, 11:40:46 am »
Maybe the main reason of the complaining is the fact that the only class that got that high speed attack fully working while still getting 65+ range is 2h....
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2012, 11:43:46 am »
nerf 2h  :P
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2012, 11:55:12 am »
What do you mean punished? I chamber them all the time but they just block. That's with a 91 speed weapon, with which I remember being able to get the chamber hit in without them being able to block. Doesn´t work anymore. Blocking the stab rarely stuns them enough to get a free hit in, even with an early rightswing hit.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2012, 12:21:47 pm »
everyone whine but paul in my opinion you cans make super fast stab attack combo 1 after 1

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1822
  • Infamy: 1902
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2012, 12:46:51 pm »
Certain players know how to abuse this very well. There's nothing more retarded than fighting a player who lolstabs all the time.