Author Topic: Best Arrows To Use?  (Read 1902 times)

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
Best Arrows To Use?
« on: August 24, 2012, 02:35:29 am »
Hey, on my archer im struggling to choose between bodkin arrows or tatar arrows. Which one is the best? I know bodkins are good for heavily armored guys, but I need to know if its actually any better to have, considering you do less damage to lightly armored guys with it.

On a side note whats a good two handed sidearm for archers, im thinking about getting a Langes Messer.

Offline Kirbies

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kirbies, Weeaboo
Re: Best Arrows To Use?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 02:57:10 am »
Tatar and bodkins are easily two of the best arrows, the bodkins will probably be more usefull over all, but cost a shit ton to repair, so if your rich or dont care bout repairs go bodkins, poor/saving go tatars.
"I don't rage in chat, but I yell at my moniter alot." -SaulCanner

29031: 23:16:33 - [SpookPalace] GET TO THE FUCKING FLAG RIGHT NOW YOU JOKER BABY DICKED GINGERALE PRODUCING GURGLERS

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 08:06:50 am »
Tatar and bodkins are easily two of the best arrows, the bodkins will probably be more usefull over all, but cost a shit ton to repair, so if your rich or dont care bout repairs go bodkins, poor/saving go tatars.

been wondering about that. On my main, I have 2.184 repairs, on my archer alt 1521. I have bodkin arrows on my alt.

I consistently make money on my main and lose money on my alt, any reason for that?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Renten

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 08:10:10 am »
Bodkins are better for anyone with 30+ armor, there's a bit of play back and forth depending on looms and how much power draw you have but it's a decent rule to go by. Basically everyone except other archers and peasants will take at least one more tatar to kill unless their build has a weird amount of hp.  From testing and experience most builds would have a couple hp left after the 3~4 tatar requiring an extra shot compared to dieing at the 3~4 bodkin.

On the other hand tatars are cheaper and come with more for rapid fire spam at squishy targets. Random battle server wise I could rack up the same score with bodkins or tatars as long as I payed attention to who I would do the most damage to and didn't use tatars when the whole enemy time is in heavy armor.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 08:51:51 am »
+1
been wondering about that. On my main, I have 2.184 repairs, on my archer alt 1521. I have bodkin arrows on my alt.

I consistently make money on my main and lose money on my alt, any reason for that?

Yes, it is called an archery nerf passed a long while ago that makes break chance (especially for arrows) a rather common sight. Also remember that a high PD will tank your effective wpf further causing your bow to break.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 11:58:19 am »
Yes, it is called an archery nerf passed a long while ago that makes break chance (especially for arrows) a rather common sight. Also remember that a high PD will tank your effective wpf further causing your bow to break.

Yeah.. the arrows break far too often. Wpf doesn't affect it either afaik. Having 2 stacks of bodkins often means paying 700 gold just for the arrows every other round.

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 12:01:25 pm »
My arrows broke every round, 350 gold gone everytime :/ Only way to make money was to have multis, so I respecced to polearm :P

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 12:26:58 pm »
+1
I wouldn't recommend Tatar Arrows. Either you go Bodkins and shoot heavily armoured guys or you shoot other archers/peasants/Light Armour with cut-arrows. And for that, normal Arrows will do the trick just as good, plus you got 27 Arrows each quiver.
(My stuff is loomed, though, makes quite a difference in archery)

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 01:08:19 pm »
Barbed is good jack of all trades. Also I like barbed's quiver.

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 01:42:53 pm »
On a side note whats a good two handed sidearm for archers, im thinking about getting a Langes Messer.

Bodkins will be more useful overall.

The Langes Messer is the best 1h/2h.
Mace is good for low PS and blunt damage, but overall. The Langes.
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 01:46:12 pm »
Military Sickle. Srsly. Pierce-dmg and very cheap, and only 1 speed slower than the messer.

Offline Amoebe

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 02:12:02 pm »
If you use 2 quivers, i would suggest to use both:
First use the tatars/barbed/normal to do your job and shoot low armor horses or enemy archers.
Then (if you're still alive), use the bodkins for enemy infantry qq and "nerf archer" threads.

If you use just one, decide if you want to go for archers/horses or infantry this round and pick according to it.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 02:45:23 pm »
Bodkins, bodkins, bodkins.

Offline Apollo

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 194
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • The Gay Serf
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GOBBLIN EMPIRE
  • Game nicks: Apollo, Asstron_the_Assassinator
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 07:58:53 pm »
I normally use bodkins when I can afford them (most of the time), but when I can't I use barbed arrows because they seem to be more efficient than tartar or normal arrows on lightly armored targets.
You don't need to ban or anything just for future reference or something because he's rude to me.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 08:02:30 pm »
I usually use barbed (better price than tartars, more of them and damage difference isn't overly noticeable). I switch to bodkins if there's an annoying amount of high tier armour around.