Other Games > Chivalry

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (first and thirdperson melee game?)

<< < (2/10) > >>

Mr.Lion:

--- Quote from: chadz on August 20, 2012, 03:10:02 pm ---Does kickstarter even allow that?  :wink:

Anyway, too much shooter style for my liking.

--- End quote ---
Funding a project is the key principle of Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/guidelines

Don't know what you mean with "shooter style". If you're referring to the firstperson view, don't worry because the game supports and is playable in thirdperson view.

chadz:
Doesn't look like funding though, more like using it as a payment system. But that doesn't really bother me, just thought it's strange.

As for shooter style: dunno, the whole movement and stuff, looks like a FPS with swords. Like dueling with crowbars in halflife :)

DarkFox:
Don't know what you mean. You need to aim yours strikes you need to aim your blocks you can dodge and a lot of other cool stuff. How can it look like dueling with crowbars  :?.

Mr.Lion:

--- Quote from: chadz on August 20, 2012, 04:08:07 pm ---Doesn't look like funding though, more like using it as a payment system. But that doesn't really bother me, just thought it's strange.

As for shooter style: dunno, the whole movement and stuff, looks like a FPS with swords. Like dueling with crowbars in halflife :)

--- End quote ---

Pre-ordering the game is a type of funding, they get the money more earlier then the release date so they can use it for various game related reasons (including the ones I've already mentioned)

".. it allows our fanbase to pick up the game at a reduced price and in doing so more directly support us, the developers of the game. " this is a win-win situation so I don't see any reason to complain.

"Paying off Debt and loans, when we said many team members had given up everything to do this, we meant it. The development team has personally dug deep into its own pockets over the past two years and put a lot on the line to make this happen because for us it is a labour of love." maybe some of the devs are broke and need financial help to keep working on the game? Enough other reasons to fund this game.

Comparing this:
to this:               
Is just plain ignorant.  :P

cmp:
Looks stiff, WoTR style. A bit better maybe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version