Other Games > Chivalry

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (first and thirdperson melee game?)

<< < (4/10) > >>

Scorp:

--- Quote from: cmpxchg8b on August 20, 2012, 08:51:08 pm ---Unless they show videos of a different game, I doubt that.

--- End quote ---

Well I'd sure like to hope not, wouldn't be the best marketing campaign, would it?  :wink:

'Like dueling with crowbars in halflife' is the quote I am referring to, this is an initial reaction from a video, not from hands on gameplay.

cmp:

--- Quote from: Scorp on August 20, 2012, 09:08:33 pm ---'Like dueling with crowbars in halflife' is the quote I am referring to, this is an initial reaction from a video, not from hands on.

--- End quote ---

Ah ok, that's just chadz exaggerating. :P

--- Quote from: Mr.Lion on August 20, 2012, 07:22:13 pm ---You call this stiff? That coming from a cRPG player, a game where you can't even sprint or jump.

--- End quote ---

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DarkFox:

--- Quote from: Scorp on August 20, 2012, 08:18:03 pm ---I have been Alpha and now beta testing Chivalry MW with the dev team since 2010 and I personally disagree with this; if you pick it up when its released I think your opinion on the movement and vibe will change :)

--- End quote ---
How does melee combat feels compare to warband? Does it have some depth or not?

Scorp:

--- Quote from: DarkFox on August 20, 2012, 09:14:55 pm ---How does melee combat feels compare to warband? Does it have some depth or not?

--- End quote ---

It certainly does have depth to it, can only really talk about what has been publicly announced. It has free form directional blocking for a start, meaning to perform a successful block you have to aim accurately with the cursor meeting the enemies attack. The game mechanics do very well at making it quick to understand while having the depth in taking time to master :)

Look through the official site/forums for more info's  8-)

chadz:
The crowbar thing was ofc an exaggeration, although that was the first thing that came to my mind when watching that kickstarter video.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to badmouth the game. Every game set in the semi-realistic medieval department is great, because it draws more people into the genre, and we all profit from that in terms of larger interest for the genre.

The problem is just that the game has so many drawbacks and heavy limitations that (for me!) it's not ok when the melee combat is just close to warbands level of depth - it would have to be mindblowing to really set a new level. They have to overcome serious limitations after all (32 players per server, no horses, no groundbreaking gameplay). And I just don't see that.

So many medieval games coming up, but in the end they all tell me the same thing: if you want something done properly, do it yourself  :wink:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version