Author Topic: New players arn't allowed on C-rpg  (Read 2889 times)

Offline Lumetta

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Berserks
  • Game nicks: Lumetta_The_Berserk
Re: New players arn't allowed on C-rpg
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2015, 09:52:16 pm »
I banned Dessin for intentionally teamwounding multiple people including the viscount.

The server polled to kick him and he got kicked by 5/5 reports then came back and started tw'ing more.

Which was him acting out because Bonbon got banned for leeching. I allowed for some leniency towards him incase he was(is) new but it was obvious to me that he was acting with grievous intent regardless if he knows the rules or not.

After multiple warnings the new player should definitely consider stopping whatever it is they are doing if they want to continue to play. Being new isn't a get to do whatever the fuck you want card.

The 5/5 reports was him kicking back and forth with wix_engineers at the gate. After he came back on, that when stuff started. Like i said, Oberyn was mad because he was shooting into melee trying to kill npcs but hit him instead. Oberyn came over after raging at him with his weapon up acting like he was gonig to kill Dessin. If i was a new player, reading the rules or not I would of tried to fight back as well. This is something called baiting, kinda like if an archer is shooting and i walk in front of them, etc. But like i said he did team-hit Oberyn at that point on purpose only because Oberyn was acting like he'd teamkill as well. Though I'm not defending him as much as Bonbons, since Bonbons was 100% unjustifiably banned. I just think for him it should have been looked into a bit more.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Lumetta

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2015, 09:56:56 pm »
+1
TBH I have to stay neutral in this case.

- For me, its looks like you were staying in contact with these guys telling them to keep on doing bs so you have got materials for a drama. Guess both bans are somehow legit, if Nashringa says the truth (-1 / 2,  6 rounds without weapon + warnings) I'd say he had no other choice.

+ BUT, at least he could tell him the lenght of the ban before banning, or PM'ing him the link to the server rules.  As head admin I would really expect somehow a bit of effort in helping new players...   And how the hell is a new player supposed to know the rules and how long a ban lasts, when I would get banned as new player I would first think I got permanently banned because of sjdfbauisdfbpasiudfbsdif

+ And 3rd point is, thread is very important because new players and peasant are treated like shit in this mod. (not admins, just playerbase) 
"wow I got a +3 2h sword but I cant kill anything because I am getting spawnraped in 10 secs and have to wait 5 mins until I can spawn again!"  /cRPG

Oh and then someone makes a ban poll because reason: (true story, 3-4 months ago - Eu1)
Eques_realWiking88   initated a ban-poll for player "nordic_Warrior99"
E: "check score, suicid-leeching"     
random: "....he is completly new...."   
E: "I dont care"

poll results 56% - 1

Just for the justice, I would say 90% makes the playerbase, admins are doing mostly a good job imo, EU at least.

Bonbons dropped her weapon for about 6 seconds then got banned for leaching. Not 6 rounds without one. If that was the case I wouldn't be mad about the ban. the -1 and 2 score was because she is a new player mixed with the naginata and a close quarter map. Everytime she would try to hit it would either hit a teammate or glance so she couldn't do much. Plus I would kill any npcs that would come around (we were by the viscount) that was behind the shield wall)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:03:12 pm by Lumetta »
(click to show/hide)

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2015, 01:05:57 am »
+4
A+ drama,  would read again.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2015, 01:54:18 am »
+3
A+ drama,  would read again.

Only if RipperX was here to record this stuff :)
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Lumetta

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2015, 02:02:55 am »
My favorite part was when they started linking logs and it only supported my essay. Admins should have to be like police. You should have a stream running to show why you banned the person in the first place. Going off of an 14 yr old admin's words that he banned by the rules just doesn't make since.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 02:06:49 am by Lumetta »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Lumetta

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2015, 02:14:45 am »
All i want is an essay bigger than mine saying how he is sorry he banned my friend Bonbons. That he will think of his actions before banning further innocent new players. To show he put in time to think about how he wronged one person. If he writes that out I'll forgive and forget that it happened.

Ps: I'll be counting the essay by words, No repeating words or phrases. Got to show you mean it.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2015, 02:22:32 am »
+8
All i want is an essay bigger than mine saying how he is sorry he banned my friend Bonbons. That he will think of his actions before banning further innocent new players. To show he put in time to think about how he wronged one person. If he writes that out I'll forgive and forget that it happened.

Ps: I'll be counting the essay by words, No repeating words or phrases. Got to show you mean it.

Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2015, 03:45:18 am »
+2
the only good type of admin is a dead admin.

This would have never happened if Smoothrich was head admin.

▲ ▲

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2015, 03:19:22 pm »
+1
yeah where is he

(click to show/hide)
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2015, 04:04:14 pm »
There are lots of trolls in CRPG, it's part of the culture. (being baited into TWing, or getting vote-kicked, etc). It's part of the learning curve.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2015, 03:56:13 am »
+1
yeah where is he

(click to show/hide)

He moved in with some broad became a stay at home husband and isnt allowed to go online anymore
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2015, 09:36:54 am »
+1
I was there, newbies getting banned were the usual trolls/griefers, they knew very well what they were doing. They were warned multiple times. (ps Dupre best admin NA).