Author Topic: NA Drama here  (Read 918 times)

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
NA Drama here
« on: August 10, 2012, 02:13:32 am »
Post complaints about today's scandalous battle at Alburq.

"Smoothrich is a sperg!"

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
Re: NA Drama here
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 02:19:33 am »
They can keep their crappy poop castle :evil:

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 02:22:08 am »
+3
That was where we keep our latrines. But go ahead and mine for "gold".

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 02:23:20 am »
First siege i participated where attackers were forced to leave, without a chance of last stand. =(
Uncool.

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 02:42:26 am »
First siege i participated where attackers were forced to leave, without a chance of last stand. =(
Uncool.

If the attackers have no way to get into the castle, they lose. Simple. Something like this seems to happen in every strat battle = /
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Pandemona

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 38
  • We are all of us what we do
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pandemona
  • IRC nick: Pandemona
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 02:46:34 am »
Yeah they lose but retreating with all men doesn't mean that you've to do suicide attack to castle. You should've right to make a last stand with your alive players, don't know about NA rules but forcing 50 players to suicide, it's just pointless.
Remember remember the fifth of November. The gunpowder, treason and plot. I know of no reason, why the gunpowder treason, should ever be forgot.

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 02:47:32 am »
This mod needs some dynamite  :rolleyes:
(click to show/hide)

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 04:52:25 am »
I've been with the attacking team a couple times where it buggers up like that.

I only think it should be on the defenders to end the fight if these 2 conditions are met;

1 the attacking side has QMRed

&

2 the defenders castle has a real useable sally gate.

If the defenders have to throw themselves off the walls to get out, then it's fair enough that they don't. Why should they have to burn tickets on nothing?

One thing that might be nice is a QMR timer but it would also completely suck balls. You would have no chance at a last stand because any sane commander would pull back and use the time to grab weapons and chuck them into weapons racks.

-----

And another thing! All casltes that can't be killed by catapult fire should die in a hole!

All wodern castle/city maps should get the boot or get fixed up, which ever is easier.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 04:56:36 am by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 04:59:20 am »
+3
Yeah they lose but retreating with all men doesn't mean that you've to do suicide attack to castle. You should've right to make a last stand with your alive players, don't know about NA rules but forcing 50 players to suicide, it's just pointless.

our european internet horses honor and valiant last stands  :cry:

it is our privilege as european players attacking an NA castle to be able to camp at edge of map for 10 minutes and do nothing except troll chat despite being warned to not delay the game.  what right is urs to say attackers are supposed to attack a castle if they can't win?
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 05:14:08 am »
In all Honesty: If you QMR you can't use weapon racks. So EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE MEANS, you can't launch an assault due to mechanics.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 05:17:39 am »
Let's not turn this into a trolling session. There is an actual issue and the rules should be stated clearly to avoid this kind of situation in the future.

As I said before the ownnes is on the attackers to attack. With the point above ^ the statment almost invalidates it's self, why should the defenders have to endanger their tickets or even worse hurl themselves off walls to their deaths in an attempt to kill off those 50 players?

Simply put they shouldn't have to.

But if the 50 players are on the walls or in the castle when the QMR is called then the ownnes is on the defenders to kill them and push them out of the castle. And like I said before if they can leave the caslte with out issue they should push out into the field and kill off the attackers.

Blah blah blah
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Adoptagoat

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Know your Goat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 05:38:58 am »
+2
This is an issue with precedent.  In the past, on multiple occasions, attackers have been warned and kicked for not attempting to assault the castle in Strategus. I brought up the issue when the attacking army retreated(qmr) then moved en masse behind a hill on the edge of the map.
Adoptagoat: http://i.imgur.com/p5s51.gif
Voso the Worst: thats you
Adoptagoat: I know.

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 05:43:20 am »
+3
If the defenders have no means of leaving the castle without being injuring themselves, they shouldn't have to jump off and attack the people left alive outside. Though this is more of a mapping issue as every keep should have a openable/closable gate.

A new retreat mechanic could be that once retreat has been called, the attackers would start to die off one by one. If the attackers are instead slain by the defenders, this would result in extra supplies being captured by the defenders.

This would allow the defenders to make the choice of pursuing or maintaining the defensive, while still giving the attackers an option for a last stand or being able to retreat with more of their equipment than they would have otherwise.

Offline Franke

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Franke_HRE and Frankes_STF_HRE
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 05:45:00 am »
+2
If the defenders have no means of leaving the castle without being injuring themselves, they shouldn't have to jump off and attack the people left alive outside. Though this is more of a mapping issue as every keep should have a openable/closable gate.
A new retreat mechanic could be that once retreat has been called, the attackers would start to die off one by one. If the attackers are instead slain by the defenders, this would result in extra supplies being captured by the defenders.

This would allow the defenders to make the choice of pursuing or maintaining the defensive, while still giving the attackers an option for a last stand or being able to retreat with more of their equipment than they would have otherwise.
Quote from: Tindel
In teamspeak i like to hear all of your opinions on; beer and alcohol, chocolate chip cookies, social problems and their solutions, massmurderers, why ranged should burn in hell, hating on new maps, hating on old maps.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 05:49:10 am »
+5
Yes, cmp and Shik have stated that if attackers are unable or unwilling to continue assaulting a castle, they are delaying.  Its cool if you want to fight to the death with your last tickets if you retreat in a Strat battle, but hiding in the edge of the map and refusing to acknowledge requests of the admins (which were stop hiding/camping) is breaking the rules, and either I had to start kicking people to speed things up or we would sit for half an hour in a castle doing nothing but wasting time.  Some maps have gates you can open or walls blown up by catapults to ensure a fun massacre at the end, but this castle had none of those and getting off the walls was indeed difficult and usually very damaging to the player.

I did stop kicking people once the attackers stopped hiding and actually fought in range of our wall archers and the scattered infantry outside, but camping as a big group out of range of the castle while taunting and trolling in chat is not sportsmanlike conduct and is indeed disruptive to everyone's gameplay experience.

Nothing personal against Fallen, HRE, or anyone else involved in the battle, just making sure matches follow the rules and everyone can have a good time.

Retreating as it is, is a pretty clumsy mechanic, and will apparently be reworked in Strat 4.0 so issues like this don't happen anymore.  Regardless, I am certainly looking forward to future battles as long as this Strat is still going, but believe me when admins are trying to communicate in pink text on what to do we aren't griefing or abusing, just following examples and the rules.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.