Author Topic: NA Drama here  (Read 1065 times)

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
Re: NA Drama here
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 06:02:01 am »
Yes, cmp and Shik have stated that if attackers are unable or unwilling to continue assaulting a castle, they are delaying.  Its cool if you want to fight to the death with your last tickets if you retreat in a Strat battle, but hiding in the edge of the map and refusing to acknowledge requests of the admins (which were stop hiding/camping) is breaking the rules, and either I had to start kicking people to speed things up or we would sit for half an hour in a castle doing nothing but wasting time.  Some maps have gates you can open or walls blown up by catapults to ensure a fun massacre at the end, but this castle had none of those and getting off the walls was indeed difficult and usually very damaging to the player.

I did stop kicking people once the attackers stopped hiding and actually fought in range of our wall archers and the scattered infantry outside, but camping as a big group out of range of the castle while taunting and trolling in chat is not sportsmanlike conduct and is indeed disruptive to everyone's gameplay experience.

Nothing personal against Fallen, HRE, or anyone else involved in the battle, just making sure matches follow the rules and everyone can have a good time.

Retreating as it is, is a pretty clumsy mechanic, and will apparently be reworked in Strat 4.0 so issues like this don't happen anymore.  Regardless, I am certainly looking forward to future battles as long as this Strat is still going, but believe me when admins are trying to communicate in pink text on what to do we aren't griefing or abusing, just following examples and the rules.

End of story.

night.