Author Topic: Expiring exclusive banners  (Read 5575 times)

Offline Harald

• The old
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Expiring exclusive banners
« on: June 28, 2012, 05:28:17 pm »
+1
When we added the exclusive banners we made the mistake to increase the auction rate for the first few days so people could get them quicker. The default interval is a new banner auction every ~4 hours to distribute them evenly across a month. We are running out of time now and if your banner is expiring in the next days you might lose it/auction for your slot not showing up (though you can bid on another banner slot to renew your own, doesn't have to be the same).
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 05:33:23 pm by Harald »

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Expiring exclusive banners
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 09:47:51 pm »
if you win an auction but still have time on your remaining banner, does the NEW banner activate on purchase OR when old one expires?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 10:06:20 pm by Digglez »

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 09:57:37 pm »
+1
Giev (str_Rat's) gold back!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Harald

• The old
  • Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 10:06:08 pm »
Any remaining time is lost.

Offline Luminus

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Les Vilains
  • Faction: Les Vilains
  • Game nicks: ViL_PinPin
  • IRC nick: PinPin
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 04:50:25 pm »
+2
I renewed the banner by winning another auction. The remaining time was not finished, and the clan has kept the same banner. (No one bought today). And 3 days since I can not update the banner, it is on the website, but not in the game. Is this normal?

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 09:38:17 am »
I renewed the banner by winning another auction. The remaining time was not finished, and the clan has kept the same banner. (No one bought today). And 3 days since I can not update the banner, it is on the website, but not in the game. Is this normal?

I've been asking around about this too (and on IRC) and nothing so far :? Even non-expired banners can't update -- the client hasn't been updating the banner texture at all.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline bosco

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Steady...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 10:11:48 am »
+2
Clan support is dead.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 04:27:09 pm »
My banner expired but no new banners are up in the auction house. Maybe they are aware of an issue but do not feel like talking about it.

Hope they figure it out soon, I would like to get my banner going again.

Ohay
Leader of BS

Offline Harald

• The old
  • Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 04:41:37 pm »
Right now auctions are only showing up for a few minutes or not at all. The system was not designed to handle so many expiring banners on a short notice, so it is acting a bit weird. It should be back to normal on Monday.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 07:06:03 pm »
How about the timing? When exactly do they show up, when the timer runs out on a banner or at X hours prior to that as written in the description?

If there was a small window at least people would have a chance to grab their banner.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 10:36:22 pm »
+1
How about the timing? When exactly do they show up, when the timer runs out on a banner or at X hours prior to that as written in the description?

If there was a small window at least people would have a chance to grab their banner.
This. Make a pop up text on the ladder page of a clan like 7 days prior to running out of the banner and give us the possibilty to buy it back w/o auction.
Like "Deposit 100k gold in the clan bank and press yes".
Gold sink? Fine with us.
Having no banner for 1 week or more? Sucks! May be a rather small issue for singleplayer buyers but it sucks for bigger clans relying on team play.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Harald

• The old
  • Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 12:43:15 am »
> When exactly do they show up, when the timer runs out on a banner or at X hours prior to that as written in the description?
Normally the auction will start 4 days prior and ends 1 hour before a banner expires.

> If there was a small window at least people would have a chance to grab their banner.
We have so many banners expiring this weekend (i think 60) that there is just not enough time to create auctions for all of them. Some will be skipped, others might show up for just a few minutes. We need to stick to the default interval of one auction every 4 hours or we run into the same problem again next month.

> Make a pop up text on the ladder page of a clan like 7 days prior to running out of the banner and give us the possibilty to buy it back w/o auction.
That's exactly what we don't want, there should always be the possibility for new clans to get an exclusive banner if they really want to (i.e., if they got the money).

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 01:58:14 am »
do people will get refound for the money they lose example we did have to buy 2 banner slots to have one for some reason the first one we did buy wasnt working at all...we had to buy a new one ans since i understand banner are gold sink i have no probleme with that still kinda pissing people off to pay for nothing...would be nice people who payed for more then 1 banner slot get refound example:
Occitan_Arowaine   Marketplace auction #992 won   28/06/2012 07:16:01

Received:28/06/2012 07:16:01
Marketplace auction #992 won
You have won the auction #992 with the highest bid of 100101 gold. The exclusive banner was assigned to your clan. The remainder of your deposit was transferred to you.

we didnt receive the banner slots we had to buy a new one. since im making paying clan menbers for banner kinda sucks to make them pay for no reason.
I have no problem with banner stuff isnt fix yet or wasnt supose to handle that much banner at the same time or whatever.
Just nicely asking for refound what we pay and we dont have thanks you.
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 02:56:30 am »
Gold sinks for all, Arrowaine! Even if you're like me, a generally solo player, and because of a design oversight you lose 10% of your personal war chest! At least for you others had a chance to share in the loss.
And how!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 05:25:57 am »
The system was not designed to handle so many expiring banners on a short notice...

Now this truly surprises me, given how many rabid fights have occurred in this community over the banner packs alone, and how popular banners are.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.