Author Topic: ArcheAge  (Read 74056 times)

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
Re: ArcheAge
« Reply #675 on: November 04, 2014, 07:52:22 pm »
Finally one of my males decides to become stud after almost a week of nothing, he got funky with more than half of my females, which is great. Now we pray to RNG god, again.

They just needed to charge up a bit. You have 15 females and only 2 males  :lol:

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #676 on: November 05, 2014, 05:23:37 am »
Sounds like they buggered up Auroria. No surprises.  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 05, 2014, 08:24:31 am »
+1
Sounds like they buggered up Auroria. No surprises.  :lol:

Meh, the whole thing has been a disaster since start. Lately I've just been yata breeding, composing and some pvp with guild here and there, heck haven't done a single traderun in like 2 weeks. Just not caring about the meta and doing what is fun for me. Stopped caring about gold because you'll never have good gear compared to people who spend tons of RL money on the game, crafting is superexpensive and horribly RNG-ish and not worth it for "normal" players. Other than that, there's not really that much to do - you either grind gold or go pvp. Tbh, everything endgame-ish in this game is horrible RNG :/ (from thunderstrucks, crafting to yata breeding). That's obviously not to mention all the other issues with the game (connectivity, hacking, etc).

Guess I should've listened to Vovka back then when he told us how it was in late RU versions :D

Also, I don't know what the fuck they were thinking about releasing Hasla T2 and T3 items. Hasla grind is the most ungodly thing I have ever experienced in any online game, and considering AA was supposed to be a crafting game... why we can get literally the best weapons by playing mob tag is beyond me. Hasla T3 can get as much damage as Celestial Delphinad :D

divine hasla bow damage = 305.7
celestial delphinad bow damage = 337.4
now that looks like a nice spread... except

9% of 305.7 = 27.513
tempered unique hasla bow = 333.213
vs
celestial delphinad bow = 337.4

This post sums it up well: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?108964-What-s-the-point-in-playing-this-game-legit
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 08:31:31 am by Vibe »

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #678 on: November 05, 2014, 09:21:44 am »
While I agree the game as some very obvious flaws I still find enjoyment pvpin with a group of friends and hanging out doing shit together. I bought a Divine Epherium Bow for 9k 1 week ago so think how I feel >.>

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 05, 2014, 09:43:25 am »
+1
I bought a Divine Epherium Bow for 9k 1 week ago so think how I feel >.>

lol

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #680 on: November 05, 2014, 11:19:38 am »
That post sums the game up indeed, allthough it does still have some slightly enjoyable parts, like sitting on freedich with friends and messing around. Fishing is still awesome etc. I thought auroria would be the big end game content patch, apparently not.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 05, 2014, 11:26:01 am »
That post sums the game up indeed, allthough it does still have some slightly enjoyable parts, like sitting on freedich with friends and messing around. Fishing is still awesome etc. I thought auroria would be the big end game content patch, apparently not.

Yeah, like I said, the game is fun if you do what is fun for you. Sailing around, robbing people and general PvP is still fun, at least until the people with super gear come into play :D

As for Auroria, dunno. We're trying for a castle today, see how that goes. We're big (2 guilds), we got NAPs (even with some reds) but we also have guilds that we specifically know will be targetting us. Going to be interesting for sure.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #682 on: November 05, 2014, 04:31:03 pm »
Yeah, like I said, the game is fun if you do what is fun for you. Sailing around, robbing people and general PvP is still fun, at least until the people with super gear come into play :D

As for Auroria, dunno. We're trying for a castle today, see how that goes. We're big (2 guilds), we got NAPs (even with some reds) but we also have guilds that we specifically know will be targetting us. Going to be interesting for sure.

Lol, Auroria patch postponed again :D

Anyway, Vibe where the fuck is this info? We have NAP's with reds? Yesterday I went to pirate some reds with the Equilibrium guild.... and learned from them that we happen to have a NAP  :mad: Fukken frustrating.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall I'm really frustrated about the way you can make progress in this game:

Farm Hasla -> yesterday I join our guild's raid to farm hasla, we had a really good spot, we managed to drive away the reds who tried to contest the spot, and there was nobody else in the raid that was rolling for the same tokens. So managed to get my t1 hasla shield in about 3 hours, not bad IMO. Now that I think of it, I was insanely lucky. If there had been one more player rolling for same stuff as I was, it would have doubled the time needed for me to grind that shit...

So, 150 tokens for t1, 200 more for t2, and 300 more for t3 hasla item. 650 tokens. So  ~15 hours of similar streak as I had for t3, after the patch the competition will become insane, so maybe 45 hours if you're lucky? That will give you weapon that's pretty much the best this game has to offer.

Getting armor however is a bit tricky: I have GHA( Greater Howling Abyss) plate set, heroic body armor + 3 pieces are arcane. I've done maybe 10-15 runs of GHA. Next step would be getting Magnificent or better gear with at least arcane rarity -> Not gonna happen. Crafting all that isn't realistic. Buying it would cost ~1000g per piece. How to get that money? -> Credit card... or get RNG-lucky and sell a dozen Thunderstruck trees/something else to the credit card warriors.

So after this patch it's hasla farming, except that Hasla will be 10 times more crowded that it was before. And a credit card to get to yourself geared up -.-

I feel I'm done with this game. Gotta see how the Auroria patch goes. Guild stuff is pretty fun still, but as an individual player I feel there is no way I can ever compete against p2w players.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 04:45:23 pm by Lennu »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 06, 2014, 01:43:35 am »
Why play this over Aion, TERA, SWTOR, WoW, Rift or GW2?

Sell it to me.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #684 on: November 06, 2014, 01:45:20 am »

Sell it to me.

Just got done trying ArcheAge and it put me to sleep

Funny story though

I started the game, was lvl 1 in the very beginning zone

Ran int a bunch of cRPG players randomly

It was magical how that happened
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 06, 2014, 03:11:00 am »
Just got done trying ArcheAge and it put me to sleep

Funny story though

I started the game, was lvl 1 in the very beginning zone

Ran int a bunch of cRPG players randomly

It was magical how that happened

Lol. So boring MMO confirmed by Poop.

Dayum.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 06, 2014, 08:39:47 am »

Sell it to me.

ArcheAge, despite all it's problems, is a sandpark MMO, while Aion, TERA, SWTOR, WoW, RIFT and GW2 are all classic themeparks. It has a bunch of features you don't have in the games you mentioned, or at least have more weight compared to other games (for example PvP has a lot more meaning/weight to it).

Themepark stuff:
- levels
- tab target combat
- boring questing to level

Sandbox stuff:
- open world housing/land claiming
- player run economy
- open sea, with sailing and boats and all that shit
- naval warfare
- open pvp with criminal/justice system
- extensive crafting with crafted gear being the best
- trading system (you transport packs via boats over the ocean to get stuff)
- farming/raising animals on your land
- pirates
- on the north continent you can build castles and siege enemy castles to gain land

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 06, 2014, 09:22:28 am »
+1
Sailing around, robbing people and general PvP is still fun, at least until the people with super gear come into play :D

To emphasize on this point:

:D

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #688 on: November 06, 2014, 11:17:34 am »
1v1 is unbalanced anyways, some classes are just silly (Daggerspell). I rather think the game as a zerg guild kind of pvp game, not much skill involved just outnumber.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 06, 2014, 11:31:11 am »
1v1 is unbalanced anyways, some classes are just silly (Daggerspell). I rather think the game as a zerg guild kind of pvp game, not much skill involved just outnumber.

Yeah open world is about zerging, 1v1 is shit anyways, but the point of the video was the gear disrepancy.