Author Topic: ArcheAge  (Read 74063 times)

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
Re: ArcheAge
« Reply #585 on: October 15, 2014, 01:47:45 am »
If you go near an stealthed guy you will see them, so it's not as the typical imba stealth you see in mmos.

There are also gems you can put into your equipment that can see stealth better. It's not OP, you just have to be on your toes at all times. Plus it makes a nice little poofy sound & smoke appears when you pop in and out, you also rustle grass as you run through it (both sound & visuals of the grass bending) so you just need to be aware.

Jumping gives you away, walking through water, swimming, anything that you'd expect to see if someone was invisible IRL and was walking past things. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #586 on: October 15, 2014, 01:58:01 am »
I'm also reading that the mage shield thing gives you even more detection range.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #587 on: October 15, 2014, 03:46:09 am »
I'm also reading that the mage shield thing gives you even more detection range.

Yep.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 15, 2014, 08:25:55 am »
I hit 50k fishing! Woohoo! I might be able to get some people to donate gold towards my fishing boat aswell, so that goal is also within reach, i can almost taste it! I got the design, 1 Thunderstruck, fish crane and fishing license.. only need 1 thunderstruck more and fish finder (which ive bid on)

50k fishing already? You must've been grinding your ass out :D Have you been focusing solely on fishing or what?

I've been focusing on leatherwork/husbandry. Leatherwork is currently a bit above 30k, husbandry 20k. Slowly upgrading my crafted set - I first crafted the level 20 items then went on regrading... my advice - don't regrade, it'll make you depressed. For some info about this I'll have you know I wasted beyond 1000 gold on just regrading 5 items from green to blue and 3 items from green to purple (arcane). Yep, so I'm giving up on regrading for now and just decided to increase tier levels. A few of those pieces have already gotten an upgrade on tier change, so I'm now at 4 blues, 2 arcane and 2 heroics - hoping there's gonna be some more upgrades by the time I reach Illustrious.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 08:34:21 am by Vibe »

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #589 on: October 15, 2014, 08:51:57 am »
Am I going to be at a big disadvantage if I dont wanna invest too much time into professions for a while?. If I do decide to continue playing after I've leveled and tried out most of the content I would take more interest in it. But I dont really want to start wasting my time crafting if I end up deciding that I either dont like the game enough to continue playing or I just dont have the time to invest.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 15, 2014, 09:27:35 am »
Am I going to be at a big disadvantage if I dont wanna invest too much time into professions for a while?. If I do decide to continue playing after I've leveled and tried out most of the content I would take more interest in it. But I dont really want to start wasting my time crafting if I end up deciding that I either dont like the game enough to continue playing or I just dont have the time to invest.

Nah, you'll be fine. But in the end ArcheAge is about crafting/professions/trading/pvp, this is what makes this game sandbox (leveling is pretty boring) - however crafting is one of the least time consuming things you can do in AA. You basically just wait around for your labor points to regen then craft the stuff you need in a matter of minutes or you wait for the plants/animals on your farm to grow so you can harvest them.
I have cow pens that I can get milk/poop from every 6 hours, so when I come home from work I harvest once (takes like a minute) then again in 6 hours before I go to sleep - gives me 800 husbandry proficiency and profit from milk/poop fuel for very little time invested. When I grind leatherworking I usually spam the first tier leather bracers, each consume 100 labor and take a few seconds to make and I just set my char to make a few dozens of those (labor limit is 5000 so max I can craft is 50), go afk for a few mins and that's that.

The more time consuming thing is doing traderuns to earn gold (transporting trade pack from point A to point B on map), but if you're not super greedy you can do one or two per day, doesn't take that much time. And PvP/pirating you can do as much or as long as you want, obviously.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 09:52:55 am by Vibe »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #591 on: October 15, 2014, 11:59:26 am »
50k fishing already? You must've been grinding your ass out :D Have you been focusing solely on fishing or what?

I've been focusing on leatherwork/husbandry. Leatherwork is currently a bit above 30k, husbandry 20k. Slowly upgrading my crafted set - I first crafted the level 20 items then went on regrading... my advice - don't regrade, it'll make you depressed. For some info about this I'll have you know I wasted beyond 1000 gold on just regrading 5 items from green to blue and 3 items from green to purple (arcane). Yep, so I'm giving up on regrading for now and just decided to increase tier levels. A few of those pieces have already gotten an upgrade on tier change, so I'm now at 4 blues, 2 arcane and 2 heroics - hoping there's gonna be some more upgrades by the time I reach Illustrious.

All out fishing indeed, couldve been faster if i had made a labor pot alt earlier, but oh well.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #592 on: October 15, 2014, 01:36:06 pm »
Nah, you'll be fine. But in the end ArcheAge is about crafting/professions/trading/pvp, this is what makes this game sandbox (leveling is pretty boring) - however crafting is one of the least time consuming things you can do in AA. You basically just wait around for your labor points to regen then craft the stuff you need in a matter of minutes or you wait for the plants/animals on your farm to grow so you can harvest them.
I have cow pens that I can get milk/poop from every 6 hours, so when I come home from work I harvest once (takes like a minute) then again in 6 hours before I go to sleep - gives me 800 husbandry proficiency and profit from milk/poop fuel for very little time invested. When I grind leatherworking I usually spam the first tier leather bracers, each consume 100 labor and take a few seconds to make and I just set my char to make a few dozens of those (labor limit is 5000 so max I can craft is 50), go afk for a few mins and that's that.

The more time consuming thing is doing traderuns to earn gold (transporting trade pack from point A to point B on map), but if you're not super greedy you can do one or two per day, doesn't take that much time. And PvP/pirating you can do as much or as long as you want, obviously.

Cool, doesnt sound too bad, will be getting a months patron on Friday as it seems it will help me experience the games features quicker and I am enjoying myself currently so a little money their way is a good trade off.

Are you guys in Melisara West in the same guild or different guilds? would be nice to play with some of you guys at some point. One thing that really does catch my interest is building my own ship, mostly because I am a big fan of the 17-18th century naval era and sailing about PvPing seems like it could be fun and profitable.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 15, 2014, 02:00:41 pm »
Cool, doesnt sound too bad, will be getting a months patron on Friday as it seems it will help me experience the games features quicker and I am enjoying myself currently so a little money their way is a good trade off.

Are you guys in Melisara West in the same guild or different guilds? would be nice to play with some of you guys at some point. One thing that really does catch my interest is building my own ship, mostly because I am a big fan of the 17-18th century naval era and sailing about PvPing seems like it could be fun and profitable.

Me, Spurdo, Lennu and Tyr (from Mercs) are all in Exile. I'll get you in the guild once you've leveled up, because they're not accepting lowbies anymore after the recent incident where we had an actual spy in our guild :D

As for subbing: both Spurdo and Lennu have earned enough gold ingame to purchase subscription without actually paying anything - they both made alts and did the main quest then sold the clipper ship design
As for ships: you can get a clipper very easy, this is the small ship (but not rowboat). Getting a warship or a merchant ship is much harder though and is actually a guild effort
As for sailing/pvp profitability: just yesterday we captured some guilds merchant ship that was full of packs, we got about 25 packs, each worth about 7g - so thats 175g just for finding their ship, stopping them and killing them. It can be very profitable with some luck, depends on how many people are doing traderuns and how many other pirates there are around.
Sea warfare is awesome though, last time we had a fight with about 5 galleons on each side. It was both fun and confusing :D

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #594 on: October 15, 2014, 02:03:53 pm »
+2
Woke up this morning to check my farm and my geese where, uhm, derping...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #595 on: October 15, 2014, 03:16:10 pm »
+1
You mean?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #596 on: October 15, 2014, 03:42:33 pm »
I did invest 5€ on the game to get myself the auction house right (you get them with patron status aswell) to get the ingame money for 2x Apex, which are enough for 1 month Patron.

And in the guild it seems really easy to make money now. Yesterday I was down to 15 gold. I invested all that into trading using one of the guilds merchant ships. Today I got all the gold and in the end I had 90 gold. Again today we did some trade runs, and tommorrow I should get the profits. Overall, I should have done enough gold in 2 days to buy the patron status for the next month  :lol:

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #597 on: October 15, 2014, 05:19:31 pm »
I got 2 apex and 20 gold selling a built house.

Sadly I used one but have enough gold for another.

@Xside

I could move the derping geese around as if they where dead :D

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #598 on: October 16, 2014, 09:28:53 am »
Farming trying to get my 3rd and 4th thunderstruck so I can build a fishing boat for myself.

I have over 1000 gold saved up.  So once I get those I should be able to build the fishing boat np.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 16, 2014, 10:07:07 am »
+1
Farming trying to get my 3rd and 4th thunderstruck so I can build a fishing boat for myself.

I have over 1000 gold saved up.  So once I get those I should be able to build the fishing boat np.

Imo fishing boats are way too expensive material wise. Getting 250 gildas alone is a chore and then you have 2x thunderstruck tree... jebus. It should be cheaper for something that is so profession specific.