Author Topic: ArcheAge  (Read 73471 times)

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
Re: ArcheAge
« Reply #465 on: October 01, 2014, 12:27:13 pm »
So I just built a clipper yesterday (took me a while to farm all the wood in the wild), and when i got bored of questing i started sailing up and down the coast solzreed to sanddeep - it is hilarious how many ppl do traderuns in a rowboat. Being a 1 man pirate ship i got 5 tradepacks, most of then very close to the gold trader, i think i only spent 90 minutes, this should pay off good today :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 01, 2014, 12:28:47 pm »
Yeah, so many people going solo and underleveled doing traderuns along the coast. Easy targets.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #467 on: October 01, 2014, 04:15:17 pm »
Got my farmcart built.

Now I am getting ready to build goose/chicken/duck pens to farm poop.  Also you get to do daily Farmers workstation quests that give you 15 gold and gildastars a day.

Once I farm enough poop I can make my farmcarts go 50 percent faster with the eco friendly fuel.

Everything is coming together now.  :) 

All this to farm poop.....

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 01, 2014, 05:04:30 pm »
archeage endgame is poop production

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 01, 2014, 11:34:53 pm »
archeage endgame is poop production

Nah it actually is going to be the new continent.  We are all gathering resources for when it opens up.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 02, 2014, 12:09:09 am »
Nah it actually is going to be the new continent.  We are all gathering resources for when it opens up.

Yeah I know, I was joking. poop farming simulator 2014

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 02, 2014, 01:40:54 am »
Yeah I know, I was joking. poop farming simulator 2014

Right now though it kind of is.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 02, 2014, 07:58:41 am »
A guildie of mine earned 1500 gold by flipping goods on AH. I don't know if it was just sheer luck or what, because AH is very unpredictable and it's hard to say when the prices are going to rise for a certain good (except for LP/APEX that are constantly slowly rising).

EDIT: Hold up a second, are the mats for Fishing boat really 2x Thunderstruck Tree? What the fuck :D These things go for 1000 gold per item on the AH... just for one fishing boat (in addition to 250 gilda stars for design...)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 09:45:02 am by Vibe »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #473 on: October 02, 2014, 12:37:29 pm »
A guildie of mine earned 1500 gold by flipping goods on AH. I don't know if it was just sheer luck or what, because AH is very unpredictable and it's hard to say when the prices are going to rise for a certain good (except for LP/APEX that are constantly slowly rising).

EDIT: Hold up a second, are the mats for Fishing boat really 2x Thunderstruck Tree? What the fuck :D These things go for 1000 gold per item on the AH... just for one fishing boat (in addition to 250 gilda stars for design...)

Yeah, 2 trees x_x, im considering using my tree for logs and crafting a farm cart to grind gold with.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 02, 2014, 01:16:37 pm »
Yeah, 2 trees x_x, im considering using my tree for logs and crafting a farm cart to grind gold with.

Not sure if farm cart is even worth it really. You can only use it on land and it's still slow. Best advice is to grind out a merchant ship (good luck getting 400 gildas though).

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #475 on: October 02, 2014, 03:13:47 pm »
Not sure if farm cart is even worth it really. You can only use it on land and it's still slow. Best advice is to grind out a merchant ship (good luck getting 400 gildas though).

Well the people i talked to said they make 100 gold a day with the carts, sounds pretty neat to me. But i need all my labor for music and fishing so i cant be arsed building one..
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 02, 2014, 03:35:58 pm »
Well the people i talked to said they make 100 gold a day with the carts, sounds pretty neat to me. But i need all my labor for music and fishing so i cant be arsed building one..

You could grind out 100 gold per day with clipper trading just as well. I'm not sure what route they are doing but it takes forever to go reasonable distances with the farm cart on land. If you want to go from Solzreed to Sanddeep you actually have to have Halcyona, Hellswamp AND Sanddeep in peace zone at the same time, which is rare. Not to mention it takes a long time since you have to go "around".

Although, Gweonid -> TC or even Gweonid -> Cinderstone isn't bad at all. And if you're going to Cinderstone you only have to catch one peace time.

but still, what r u, landlubber?????
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 03:44:15 pm by Vibe »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 02, 2014, 03:55:16 pm »
You could grind out 100 gold per day with clipper trading just as well. I'm not sure what route they are doing but it takes forever to go reasonable distances with the farm cart on land. If you want to go from Solzreed to Sanddeep you actually have to have Halcyona, Hellswamp AND Sanddeep in peace zone at the same time, which is rare. Not to mention it takes a long time since you have to go "around".

Although, Gweonid -> TC or even Gweonid -> Cinderstone isn't bad at all. And if you're going to Cinderstone you only have to catch one peace time.

but still, what r u, landlubber?????

I heard gweonid -> TC was 8g a pack, thats a decent run. And someone said gweonid to solz is good aswell. Its much safer than sea routes. Still i prefer stealing.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #478 on: October 02, 2014, 04:20:15 pm »
Just wondering, what are the big gold sinks in the game atm? Because obviously trading pumps out massive amounts of gold into the open market.... so where does it all go in the end?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 02, 2014, 05:50:22 pm »
Materials, weapons+armour etc.

Been trying Greater howling abyss like 10-15 times with different groups, only beat 3rd boss once. This dungeon is stupid. Im just going to buy a scepter off the auction house now.