Author Topic: ArcheAge  (Read 72904 times)

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
Re: ArcheAge
« Reply #390 on: September 25, 2014, 12:55:33 pm »
But questing gives a shitload of gold aswell ;)

What are you doing with your labor then, open coinpurses or using your farm? i dont see how you can effectivly spend 5k within the duration of 1 potion.

Best way of leveling so far for me is Pvp. 2.2k XP for a kill in a warzone opposed to 3k for finishing a quest. Having stealth+shadowsmite on my darkrunner (reset stealth cd) i can lvl up rly fast in warzones, enemies up to 5lvl higher than me are not much trouble to kill.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 25, 2014, 01:06:47 pm »
What are you doing with your labor then, open coinpurses or using your farm? i dont see how you can effectivly spend 5k within the duration of 1 potion.

You'll see your labor points vanish within minutes once you have a big farm and do crafting. For example it took me about 1500 LP just to butcher a farm full of pigs.
But to waste 5k within the duration of 1 potion I'll first open 200 purses (that's 1k labor), then I'll just craft 40 leather guards (1 leather guard = 100 LP) from the first leather set - which means I get xp and I get to power level my crafting profession (Leatherworking).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 01:10:57 pm by Vibe »

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #392 on: September 25, 2014, 01:43:06 pm »
I forgot about the crafting, just had gathering in mind^^
Dont have a big farm yet, trading quests are fairly annoying, only did the first one. I prefer to kill ppl to get their packs rather than craft them  :twisted:

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #393 on: September 25, 2014, 01:54:39 pm »
Sports fishing gives around 5-6k exp per fish, takes around 5 minutes to get one though. I've probably gotten around 2 or 3 levels from fishing, hit 50 yesterday and the last 20% was from fish. Only problem is getting vocation badges, but usually 1 bucket of chum which is 600, can give 6 or 7 fish, so you get 100 vocation badges per fish so. Also 1 gold 50 silver per fish is pretty decent money.

So are labor potions 1 use only or what? The workers compensation itself seems worth it, costs around 10 gold for me, since 1000 labour would net me 10 fish, which in the end is 15 gold..
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #394 on: September 25, 2014, 02:02:16 pm »
I've been doing some more PvP and I'm pretty sure there is no penalty for dying, not even loss of honour points. I fell off a lighthouse which took me down to 450 health, right in front of a red player, they took the entire duration of stun to work out that it was currently a war, and that I really had just landed 10 foot away, like a nice gift wrapped honour package.

He took a little while to actually kill me, I would've gotten away if I had parried his second arrow, which was a dot, instead of the first one, which was a standard shot as I survived the damage, allowing me to stealth, sadly the stealth was broken by the dot. I had my revenge when I respawned though, killed him in a "fair" fight. (I assassinated him, stealthed round a corner, waited for him to turn the building then jumped him)

At any rate - on death, I lost nothing, not even a penny. No honour was lost, no durability (as said by someone else), just pride and, in this case, my footing. Can anyone confirm, because when I killed him, I gained 5 honour points, so I know he must have gained some when he killed me because it was war both times around.

As for leveling - I got about 10 levels through labour use, just simply by having my small farm and a house down, and doing leatherworking. (20K currently). I reached level 50 too, but I prioritised questing because of the equipment (none of us has sufficient weaponry skill as of yet, so our melee weapons are a little weaker than we'd like) and the fact that each time, particularly in the higher level quests, you gain something like 30-40 silver per quest. Quite profitable really.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 25, 2014, 03:04:44 pm »
So are labor potions 1 use only or what? The workers compensation itself seems worth it, costs around 10 gold for me, since 1000 labour would net me 10 fish, which in the end is 15 gold..

Labor pot is for 1 use only (you have to buy a new one if you want to use it). It has a cooldown of 12 hours so you can't spam it that often.

@Tenne, you should lose honor points in a war for dying, don't know why you didn't. Maybe it matters how much damage they did to you (close to none). You have 20k LW already? Nice. No big farm though?
I don't really care about quest rewards for money (I'm currently sitting at 100g and that's after spending 30g on a shield in AH that gives me agi lol). Fact is I'm having a hard time stomaching questing because it's so fucking boring. I hope to gain 48-50 via crafting, if not more. Currently level 46 and very tired of questing.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 25, 2014, 06:56:36 pm »
Labor pot is for 1 use only (you have to buy a new one if you want to use it). It has a cooldown of 12 hours so you can't spam it that often.

@Tenne, you should lose honor points in a war for dying, don't know why you didn't. Maybe it matters how much damage they did to you (close to none). You have 20k LW already? Nice. No big farm though?
I don't really care about quest rewards for money (I'm currently sitting at 100g and that's after spending 30g on a shield in AH that gives me agi lol). Fact is I'm having a hard time stomaching questing because it's so fucking boring. I hope to gain 48-50 via crafting, if not more. Currently level 46 and very tired of questing.

Yeah, I just lost honour points, as a single level 50 wiped out about 50 players in a single attack. I wish I were joking but I have no idea what happened, but everyone just instantly died.

Yeah, getting the leatherworking etc works nicely when you have people supplying you with mats, each with a designated role. :)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 07:05:58 pm by Tennenoth »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 25, 2014, 07:48:01 pm »
Yeah, I just lost honour points, as a single level 50 wiped out about 50 players in a single attack. I wish I were joking but I have no idea what happened, but everyone just instantly died.

thats what happens when there is no encryption between client and server

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 25, 2014, 10:28:28 pm »
Most of today I've spent PvPing, all I can say is that gear plays such a huge role.

The Primeval & I got jumped without our healer by three enemies, we beat them quite nicely with some quick spread damage which panicked them, followed by the primeval focusing one down while I locked down the other two with my stuns & my ability to dart between targets (loving the fast paced movement I have, really does make me feel like a blade dancer).

Despite getting jumped, we won that nicely, but less than ten minutes later, during another small skirmish, a single mage dealt 6K, then 4K damage on me in two spells in about a second flat. Can only assume his gear way outweighed my shiny new Illustrious Lightning. :(

thats what happens when there is no encryption between client and server

I hope that they look into this for the Western versions, I expect the majority of people would be in uproar, they're already upset about the people instantly teleporting themselves with trade packs.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 25, 2014, 10:35:47 pm »
I hope that they look into this for the Western versions, I expect the majority of people would be in uproar, they're already upset about the people instantly teleporting themselves with trade packs.

Ugh wouldn't count on it too much, this shit has been known since Korean version. Luckily there isn't too many of them.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #400 on: September 25, 2014, 11:16:27 pm »
+2
HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT

I went to my farm and i WATCHED MY TREE GET THUNDERSTRUCK. 700 gold ez

1 more to go

im sweating out of joy and excitement  :oops:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:19:32 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 25, 2014, 11:44:06 pm »

1 more to go

lol extreme luck

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 25, 2014, 11:44:17 pm »
+1

1 more to go

Sonofabeech.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 25, 2014, 11:47:09 pm »
grats though, you've just made your life in AA a lot easier :D

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 25, 2014, 11:51:42 pm »
Hehe, saves me a lot of gold, but still need one more >_> also need to start farming gildas, design is 250 so..