Author Topic: ArcheAge  (Read 72936 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: ArcheAge
« Reply #345 on: September 19, 2014, 11:09:17 pm »
Already got 2 land spots claimed, and wasted some money on inventory expansion. Sadly not prepared to switch :)

Offline Weren

• Duke
  • Renown: 588
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: irc://Weren
« Reply #346 on: September 20, 2014, 10:06:34 am »
I am on Melisara!  :)
Free speech is about to become terrorism.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 20, 2014, 10:58:17 am »
I am on Melisara!  :)

nick? :)

EDIT: This is what happens when you place a lot of trees but are not there to protect them when they're grown :D

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 01:54:57 pm by Vibe »

Offline Weren

• Duke
  • Renown: 588
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: irc://Weren
« Reply #348 on: September 20, 2014, 03:27:33 pm »
Free speech is about to become terrorism.

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede
« Reply #349 on: September 20, 2014, 03:27:37 pm »
+1
Pretty interesting game, I pick three traits blind and become a Templar without even looking into webpage :)
Only this queues are depressing me

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #350 on: September 20, 2014, 03:39:25 pm »
Found 2 randomers that i have partied with since level 20, now at 40. We are having a jolly good time, now we got another so we are 4 people, and apparently he has a sailboat so we are off to the islands with our island maps. The sea is massive, its exciting.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #351 on: September 20, 2014, 03:58:25 pm »
Found 2 randomers that i have partied with since level 20, now at 40. We are having a jolly good time, now we got another so we are 4 people, and apparently he has a sailboat so we are off to the islands with our island maps. The sea is massive, its exciting.

The sailing and watching for pirates part is great fun. Three of us went out yesterday on my brother's clipper, looking for cross-continent trade packs, turns out instead of finding any of those, we found a group of four reds who had pirated from our faction and we ended up trying to return the goods to same place, which confused us.

Still getting annoyed with the queues though... No matter what time of day I try and start logging on, whether or not I have patron (they appear to have removed the patron buffs, that or they still haven't fixed the patron issues like they said they have) I am waiting for 1,500 people to leave the server. I'm getting tired of this.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 20, 2014, 04:03:51 pm »
I managed to build a clipper today, so I can take myself and a few other guildies for the big farm quest over the sea. At lvl 30 currently.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #353 on: September 20, 2014, 04:37:36 pm »
The sailing and watching for pirates part is great fun. Three of us went out yesterday on my brother's clipper, looking for cross-continent trade packs, turns out instead of finding any of those, we found a group of four reds who had pirated from our faction and we ended up trying to return the goods to same place, which confused us.

Still getting annoyed with the queues though... No matter what time of day I try and start logging on, whether or not I have patron (they appear to have removed the patron buffs, that or they still haven't fixed the patron issues like they said they have) I am waiting for 1,500 people to leave the server. I'm getting tired of this.

Well your server is one of the most populated ones.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 20, 2014, 04:48:18 pm »
Well your server is one of the most populated ones.

It was the least populated for the longest time, during the whole head start we had no queue while the other servers did, for the first two days of release there was no patron queue, they just need to increase the server capacity to be honest, they've sent across more servers, but the problem is that the people who have set up shop are never going to switch servers. The "try another" button will never be clicked for me, simply because I have a farm and a house on Shatigon, alongside my level 42 character with plenty of wealth on him. There are plenty of f2p players who have invested a lot of time in it as well and I wouldn't want to deprive them of their work either. I just feel that they're going at reducing the queue lengths the wrong way.

890 in queue at the time of writing, which isn't terrible considering some people are in for 5K...

Edit: Writhing on the floor. I just need to vent my anger, I've reached the end of my patience, still no patron status despite the supposed maintenance fix. I just want to fly out wherever the hell it is, sit down and fix this myself because I'm sure it cannot be this difficult.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 05:50:29 pm by Tennenoth »

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #355 on: September 20, 2014, 08:20:48 pm »
I'm on melisara aswell, though i didn't get much time to play, everytime i come back from work and want to log in theres a 4k+ queue, only time i got in was when i logged on at 5 am before driving to work.
Rly cba with this crap anymore, got my patron now and Ill start playing once my graphic driver is updated...

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 20, 2014, 08:27:00 pm »
I'm on melisara aswell, though i didn't get much time to play, everytime i come back from work and want to log in theres a 4k+ queue, only time i got in was when i logged on at 5 am before driving to work.
Rly cba with this crap anymore, got my patron now and Ill start playing once my graphic driver is updated...

If you have a Patron you'll have literally no queue on Melisara. Also, what's your IGN?

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #357 on: September 20, 2014, 08:35:06 pm »
Yeah, glorious Patron masterrace, 2ppl in queue and i got disconnected from the server after 2 min :/

My ign is Saxnot, unfortunately Tyr was already taken, but that was sth be the expected^^

Reconnecting again!

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 20, 2014, 11:41:43 pm »
Hurray! Patron status has been returned!

Hopefully I get to keep it this time. If anyone works out how to get a straw hat, even one of the ones from the NPCs running around, please give me a shout.

Anyone done some proper PvPing? I've only done a couple of skirmishes, biggest was 3vs6 at around level 35, which proved how invaluable a good healer is. Brother had just found that he could switch to using a mace from his staff if he was in a group so that his healing effectiveness effectively quadrupled, the enemy healer apparently hadn't worked out a similar thing nor were they "shot calling" so had no cohesion.

Gear seems to play a bigger part too, we've mostly got crafted gear at rank 4/5 thanks to each person pooling resources and having a set task so despite seeing large clans running around, most of the players have quite poor equipment.

Anyone got proper PvP experience and could give a few tips? We're currently undefeated as a three man group with about 45 kills between us with only two deaths due to a 20 man gank squad.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 11:59:51 pm by Tennenoth »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 21, 2014, 12:37:07 am »
To win every pvp fight, always get the jump on people. My group have killed and been killed a lot, everyone who gets the initiate wins pretty much.