Author Topic: ArcheAge  (Read 74045 times)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: ArcheAge (Open Beta)
« Reply #270 on: September 15, 2014, 07:05:16 pm »
its damright amateur to claim to release a mmo tommorrow and nothing on your website, and not let you download the game.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 08:48:05 pm by Banok »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 15, 2014, 07:29:13 pm »
its damright ametaur to claim to release a mmo tommorrow and nothing on your website, and not let you download the game.

Either they're completely inept or just trying to milk the cow even more by having people buy founder packs.

Founders, you’ve seen it for yourselves: the population on ArcheAge’s initial Head Start servers has been burgeoning! We’re excited to announce that two new servers are being added during Head Start due to overwhelming demand. Inoch is our new North American server and will be added to the Auction House 1 cluster. Aier is our new European server and will be added to the Auction House 3 cluster.
These new servers will be brought online and available to play today: Monday September 15 at 10:30 AM PDT (GMT-7). See you in ArcheAge, Founders!

heh, this possibly means that no new servers at release, guess I'm skipping the game
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 07:34:07 pm by Vibe »

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 15, 2014, 08:50:33 pm »
I thought it was a definite that there were new servers on normal release, since there are funny QQ threads about it from people who I have no sympathy for.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 15, 2014, 08:59:15 pm »
I thought it was a definite that there were new servers on normal release, since there are funny QQ threads about it from people who I have no sympathy for.

well they are adding new servers, but they're adding them now, not at release (in 1 day)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #274 on: September 15, 2014, 09:30:21 pm »
Apparently they fucked a cool fishing system, where you would progressively get better baits and have to trade worms etc with players and possibly get someone with cooking to make lures for you, interaction and fun stuff you know. Gone, now you buy it all with some points you get from crafting.

According to some streamer im watching atleast, i may have missed out on some point but it sounds like they had a cool thing going, and decided to fuck it lets go generic buy lure fish, no need to interract with players.

God theres just potential all over the place with this game, but it seems to gradually get fucked.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 15, 2014, 09:39:59 pm »
Apparently they fucked a cool fishing system, where you would progressively get better baits and have to trade worms etc with players and possibly get someone with cooking to make lures for you, interaction and fun stuff you know. Gone, now you buy it all with some points you get from crafting.

According to some streamer im watching atleast, i may have missed out on some point but it sounds like they had a cool thing going, and decided to fuck it lets go generic buy lure fish, no need to interract with players.

God theres just potential all over the place with this game, but it seems to gradually get fucked.

There's more than just fishing system they fucked in this game :P

Pre 1.0 patch was the best. I don't know who's making decisions there but he's not making very good ones.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #276 on: September 15, 2014, 09:42:38 pm »
Haha, its the only thing i was really looking forward to in the game, proud Salty titled wow player need more fishing mmo's.

Also not keeping up with updates or anything, just casually dropping by a stream to hear the sad news.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 15, 2014, 09:46:05 pm »
Basically

1. Actual loot tables - Mobs would drop weapons and armor. Crafted armor was still better, but that gave you archeum and it was a fun alternative way to gear your character as your leveled up
2. No coinpurses - Everything just dropped off the mob
3. Less "merchant bought" items in crafting - You didn't need silly "shatigon" or whatever else they call them that you have to buy now. Crafting recipes required mostly gathered goods. There were rare versions of most goods, and they were required for recipes instead of purchased goods
4. Inventory expanded by gold - Not a cash shop item
5. Taxes could be paid by gold - Again, not a labour/cash shop item
6. Trade routes gave gilda stars that scaled depending on the distance traveled. The seas were crowded by people going West<->East on trade routes. Similarly you could go out and try to hunt them down. Most fun I ever had was on those trade runs.
7. You could glide over the ocean without the "wind" messing you up
8. You had two currencies - Gilda Stars and Nui Tears. Nui Tears were used for "lower grade" stuff (like more basic ship etc...).
9. You could get Nui Tears by EXPLORING. Locations around the world (that weren't on the map) would award you nui tears for stumbling upon them. Some guy's house in the middle of nowhere, or the top of a tall building that you could climb. You wouldnt' know until you got there. They are still in the game now, they just don't really reward anything.
10. Fishing would have a chance to drop treasure chests that would contain archeum and sometimes a good weapon. I loved fishing.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #278 on: September 16, 2014, 02:17:20 am »
Everything that you can get in the cash shop can be sold on the auction house. You can technically pay for everything with gold as far as I know.

For example, currently Expansion Scrolls can be bought on the auction house for 9 gold a piece. Same goes for worker's compensation (bought two over the last couple of days from the auction house).

I agree that there should be some sort of reward for finding the different areas that are around, I walked into someones house and it threw sparks around. I didn't know what the hell was going on, only reason I knew what they used to do was because my brother played way back when and said "oh, you used to get Nui Tears for exploration".

The cross-continent trade routes give gilda stars if you choose them, alternatively, you can choose the trade route specific resources. Probably not nearly as good as it used to be, but daily quests can be done to gain about 5 gilda stars too.

Merchant bought items are a pain in the arse, and the labour costs for coin purses is a bit of a pain in the arse, but it gives an extra reason to increase larceny.

Just a couple of things that I've learnt/seen/thought although I do like the sound of the old fishing style, they might always change back to it though.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 16, 2014, 08:15:57 am »
Everything that you can get in the cash shop can be sold on the auction house. You can technically pay for everything with gold as far as I know.

For example, currently Expansion Scrolls can be bought on the auction house for 9 gold a piece. Same goes for worker's compensation (bought two over the last couple of days from the auction house).

I agree that there should be some sort of reward for finding the different areas that are around, I walked into someones house and it threw sparks around. I didn't know what the hell was going on, only reason I knew what they used to do was because my brother played way back when and said "oh, you used to get Nui Tears for exploration".

The cross-continent trade routes give gilda stars if you choose them, alternatively, you can choose the trade route specific resources. Probably not nearly as good as it used to be, but daily quests can be done to gain about 5 gilda stars too.

Merchant bought items are a pain in the arse, and the labour costs for coin purses is a bit of a pain in the arse, but it gives an extra reason to increase larceny.

Just a couple of things that I've learnt/seen/thought although I do like the sound of the old fishing style, they might always change back to it though.

Sure that stuff can be bought off the market, but once people can just freely buy that stuff off the cash shop without limitations (except for LP pots), the value of "labor points" reduces. If taxes were only crafted and there was no LP pots in the cash shop, you wouldn't see people claiming 6+ 16x16 plots on one account, because they wouldn't have the LP to craft the taxes for them all.
Even with the LP pots 12 hour cooldown, you can still regen so much per day compared to someone who doesn't use LP pots. What is the point of labor point limitation if you can just shrug it off by using cash shop? It just seems they are taking more and more stuff out of the actual gameplay and putting it into the cash shop.

I didn't mention that in my "pre 1.0 was better" whine post, but you could also choose gold as a reward for trading (there was a gold NPC at every Gilda NPC). So once people got the gildas they needed, they would just trade for gold and the sea was kept alive. Why they took out the Gold NPC from intercontinential trade is beyond any understanding. Heck, back in the pre 1.0 you didn't have daily quests giving you gildas, so you were forced to trade (which was good!). Now everyone just chooses to do dailies instead of trading for gilda stars, unless you're a really huge guild. I don't know who thought was a good idea to put focus off of the best feature in this game and put it into fucking dailies, lol.
Now couple that with the fact that the gilda prices for blueprints were lowered by a lot, and you have people being able to claim land with a cheap as shit 15 gilda Cottage blueprint in under an hour from start. Everyone and their mother can afford houses and ships, because there's so much gilda from the main quest/daily quests. I remember I had to trade my ass off to get enough gildas just for the first boat (clipper or what's it called in EU/NA version).
Just for comparison, the smallest house was 25 gildas compared to 15 gildas - but you have to count that you didn't get nearly as much gildas from the main story.

That being said, I don't want to discourage you guys from trying the game out yourself. If you didn't play pre1.0 you won't really feel the consequences of patches 1.0/1.2, I guess. As someone who has played pre1.0, I just feel so disappointed about the game and the direction it was (and is) taking - it really used to be a great game.

Also this is a fun fact

KOR Launch = 25 servers. No pre-orders, no "founder pack" cash cow sales
RU Launch = 25 severs. No pre-orders, no "founder pack" cash cow sales
US Launch = 10 servers. 150 dollar price cash cow pre-order.

Oh, also:

Launch is today at 19:00 CET (10 AM PDT) - http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/09/archeage-launches-tomorrow-at-1000-am-pdt-gmt-7/

"Additional servers may be introduced at launch or beyond based on demand. " - which is also cool
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 08:59:44 am by Vibe »

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
Re: ArcheAge (Launch today 19:00 CET)
« Reply #280 on: September 16, 2014, 09:25:25 am »
registration on the old one already closed?
btw we (RUaa) had pre-order same as Beta and Alfa access on black market  :P

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 16, 2014, 09:27:11 am »
registration on the old one already closed?

No, they're not closing the old servers at all. They opened 2 new ones (1 EU 1 NA), but they also might open additional ones at launch (or later). I'm hoping there's a new server shortly after launch, just so I download the game (new PC so I need to do a full redowload sadly, but at least I can run AA on max now) and I can land grab :p

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 16, 2014, 03:28:19 pm »
Kinda pointless expecting to play an MMO at launch. Maybe try in a few days
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
Re: ArcheAge (Launch today 20:00 CET)
« Reply #283 on: September 16, 2014, 07:14:01 pm »
Seems they are adding one new server for each continent, Melisara for EU. Game is up in about 45 mins. Gonna try to grab some land.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 16, 2014, 07:28:33 pm »
Whats the process to go through to get land? Just grind until you can afford a deed? I don't really want to rush through the game though

Ah NM found this post:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 07:32:01 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this: