Author Topic: ArcheAge  (Read 74051 times)

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
Re: ArcheAge (Open Beta)
« Reply #255 on: September 11, 2014, 04:19:09 am »
+1
So paying to play this game is becoming a thing? I keep hearing its p2w, that you have to pay to do stuff now. Paying for materials that otherwise takes crazy amounts of time to get etc.

Its mainly people overreacting. They haven't made anything else required to pay, the only benefits from patron are offline labor point regen and doubled online labor point regen which isn't an issue. Cash shop isn't really p2w but there are some borderline things like the labor potions which everyone has been freaking out about because you can buy them and restore labor. The cooldown on them was just moved back to 12 hours which according to Vibe is better but still not great and they don't really bother me because they have been so damn cheap on the auction house for gold anyways but that can change.

The part about paying for materials according to Trion was because of a bug affecting the drop rate of the material that they fixed for launch. It is kinda hard to tell, people have just been jumping to conclusions and yelling p2w but really you won't know until the game comes out and maybe a little bit after that.

I don't think most people understand what p2w means either honestly.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 11, 2014, 08:03:44 am »
+1
So paying to play this game is becoming a thing? I keep hearing its p2w, that you have to pay to do stuff now. Paying for materials that otherwise takes crazy amounts of time to get etc.

- Paying for materials, not really - you do have a RNG box that can drop some crafting mats for you but the amount is really low so you'd have to waste quite a lot of money to get something done with those mats
- I wouldn't really call it Pay2win, but you can definitely purchase progress from the cash shop and that's what bothering people - that on top of already having to pay sub (which imo should get you everything you need) you still need to use the cash shop to stay competitive
- Crafting good gear is still going to take forever, but those that use labor potions will have maxed crafting professions much sooner than those that won't use LP pots
- The material in question is Archeum, which is currently dropping at alarmingly low rates, Trion has been promising they will increase the drops but my trust in Trion is low - for they can't even wipe their own arses without XL Games (the korean developer)
- XL Games has been accepting changes to the game that make no sense, so I have doubts they'll do something sensible with the game in the future
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 08:07:36 am by Vibe »

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #257 on: September 11, 2014, 02:58:19 pm »
on russian server we had 4h cooldown too, so u just create 4 character on same server and use 1 by each character every 4 hours, 1st time they will pretty cheap (in gold) over time will grow in price three times or four

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 11, 2014, 03:00:32 pm »
on russian server we had 4h cooldown too, so u just create 4 character on same server and use 1 by each character every 4 hours, 1st time they will pretty cheap (in gold) over time will grow in price three times or four

Wasn't it 12 hours at start (RU beta)? Can't recall.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 12, 2014, 11:10:45 am »
GAMEPLAY
* The drop rate of loot bags from monsters has significantly increased.
* The drop rate of Sunlight Archeum, Moonlight Archeum, and Starlight Archeum from loot bags has been greatly increased.
* The chance of equipment from loot bags has increased from monsters. These items can be salvaged to gain archeum.
* The Solid Shaft recipe is available again, allowing for the construction of fishing boats.

INTERFACE
* The Auction House can now be searched using German and French.

MARKETPLACE
* The Marketplace inventory has been reorganized in terms of Featured Items and categorization of consumables.
* The Character Slot Expansion scroll has been added. Accounts may have a maximum of six character slots per region but a limit of four character slots per server.
* The Workman's Compensation labor potion has been returned to 12-hour cooldown and price of 300 Credits.
* The Auction House License permitting non-Patrons to create Auction House listings has been added. It is not tradable.

OTHER
* The priority server login queue for Patrons is now even faster.

COMING SOON
* Cosmetic Costumes: A future build will remove the stats from all costumes that are obtained or crafted in-game, much like stats were removed from costumes on the Marketplace. Similar to the normalization of mount speeds, this change is to prevent power creep and stat inflation while also promoting costume choice and preventing "best" items to be wearing to maximize your character's gameplay.
* Improved Anti-Spam: XLGAMES is delivering a way for us to integrate our internally-developed anti-spam technology which learns over time and then kills spam and spammers before you see either even once. Expect more details on this to be announced next week.

NOTES
* This patch is less than 200MB large from the Open Beta client (8.5GB large as a new installation) and is available for download now from Glyph. Note that Head Start begins September 12 at 10:00 AM PDT (GMT-7).

Gameplay changes = very good

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #260 on: September 13, 2014, 08:39:08 pm »
Any EUers playing? Got a small band of 4 of us going at the moment. We've secured some prime housing near Marionople on Shatigon and are looking, once again, to get "The Caravan Guild" up and running.

If anyone is on Shatigon, or looking to just play with some mildly recognisable names, give me a shout! :) Naturally I'm still "Tennenoth" so it shouldn't be too difficult to find.

The main thing about the housing situation; people are whining that it has already been taken, we walked up, 24 hours after the release and had no issues grabbing land at a leisurely pace. I guess we chose a lower populated server to start off with so we got nice and lucky.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 13, 2014, 09:18:49 pm »
I might play a bit at launch if there's new servers, didn't want to buy founder for the headstart and it seems that I've made the right choice since a lot of founders can't get into the game even to grab land. Most definitely not gonna join one of the founder/headstart servers though, as all the land will be taken :)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #262 on: September 13, 2014, 11:16:16 pm »
Will definitely play, if anyone of you are interested in starting a guild id be up for it. I wont be going pirate though.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 14, 2014, 12:41:02 am »
Niemand is making a guild that we can join, not sure which server.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #264 on: September 14, 2014, 12:53:27 am »
You're welcome to join the Caravan Guild specifically for ArcheAge if you like. It only goes so far as to have the name and the core group as proper Caravan Guildies.

We will of course, be running a lot of trade runs, we're on the West of Shatigon (Nuian & Elves) and we will be "good" so to speak.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #265 on: September 14, 2014, 04:50:15 pm »
Niemand is making a guild that we can join, not sure which server.

Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #266 on: September 14, 2014, 08:14:44 pm »
You're welcome to join the Caravan Guild specifically for ArcheAge if you like. It only goes so far as to have the name and the core group as proper Caravan Guildies.

We will of course, be running a lot of trade runs, we're on the West of Shatigon (Nuian & Elves) and we will be "good" so to speak.

Sounds good, will definitely consider it.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #267 on: September 15, 2014, 12:25:24 am »
+1
meanwhile on russian official server =P
(click to show/hide)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 15, 2014, 06:04:54 pm »
me and 1 or 2 should play when it normal launches.

edit: i have come to the conclusion not to try and play tommorrow or for a few days.

• there is no (easy) way to predownload the game
  • will be tons of people trying to log in to get best housing spots
    • these people will be patrons and have que prioty over us
    • the retarded labour system encourages (forces) people leave themselves logged in, which means queing will be way worse than other mmos (which is usually terrible).
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 06:46:35 pm by Banok »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 15, 2014, 06:51:22 pm »
Well, you either try to landgrab tomorrow as a non headstart Patron on new servers (if there will be new servers even), or you can forget about a good housing spot in this game forever.

If you're not trying to land grab and will just casually F2P, then you're better off not playing for about 1-2 weeks, imo. I remember in RU Open Beta I had to wait for like 6-8 hours in queue :D

It is kinda shitty of them to not enable preloading for other people though - if we have to download when the game launches all the land spots will be gone before I even finish downloading.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 06:57:11 pm by Vibe »