Author Topic: ArcheAge  (Read 74090 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: ArcheAge (EU Closed Beta)
« Reply #195 on: August 25, 2014, 03:08:03 pm »
But I went to the place to craft and saw this

(click to show/hide)

Yeah typical "storage" farm to store trade packs which are then transported to merchant ship :D

Vibe do you know much about handing in trade routes, i cant find the NPC "gold trader" in every province. and which NPCs give me gilda stars?

Some zones don't have the Trader NPCs (you can set your map to show you the Trader NPCs). You get Gilda Stars via trading only by cross-sea trade, so to other continent or to Freedich island.

To me comboing abilities is hardly revolutionary. The custom class system is the only thing keeping combat remotely interesting, but doesn't do enough for me.
Imo its still the same old mmo combat design for fat retards to play with 1 hand so other hand can simultaneously stuffs cheetos in face, then claim pvp takes skill.

There's absolutely nothing revolutionary or unique about AA's combat, that's for sure. Combos do add to the depth but that's nothing really new.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 25, 2014, 03:23:26 pm »
Yeah typical "storage" farm to store trade packs which are then transported to merchant ship :D

thats kind of good news that they are going by ship, I was worried they would ruin my by land prices. I think eventually all the f2p players will be doing this pack seems pretty OP money for non land owners.

You get Gilda Stars via trading only by cross-sea trade, so to other continent or to Freedich island.

is it worth me grinding mats to make 1st boat? seems fucking expensive for something that I will lose entirely when I get zerged. how much gold is it worth?

darkfall is full loot but cheapest boat seems alot less painful to lose than archage.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #197 on: August 25, 2014, 03:28:19 pm »
If the combat gets somewhat close to what wow has that would be awesome. Still havent seen much of archages system except its tabtarget..
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 25, 2014, 03:33:06 pm »
If the combat gets somewhat close to what wow has that would be awesome. Still havent seen much of archages system except its tabtarget..

I find it better than WoW's, unless you're looking for a specific feature?

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 25, 2014, 05:54:52 pm »
So, nothing new. Even FFXIV has specific combos and tiered skills.

Borefest. :\

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #200 on: August 25, 2014, 06:19:02 pm »
+1
is it worth me grinding mats to make 1st boat? seems fucking expensive for something that I will lose entirely when I get zerged. how much gold is it worth?

darkfall is full loot but cheapest boat seems alot less painful to lose than archage.

You don't lose the boat if it is destroyed and it really isn't all that expensive to create in the first place. I guess the younger the server, the more expensive it is, but the first boat, I.E. a Clipper (Harpoon/Cannon) was 50 gilda stars, 100 fabric, 100 iron & 100 wood (plus 10 wood I believe to place the dock). If it's destroyed, there is an item, something-or-other hourglass that can be used to fix it. Those are a little more expensive, but on the Alpha server I play on, it was only around 5 gold.

It's entirely worth it as it'll allow you to do a reasonable trade route between Solzreed & Miriam (I cannot remember the names, been a little while since I played) at quite a speed. I would recommend that if you are worried about losing the boat that you stick to the shoreline, you can make it all the way around, faster than on foot, without getting into danger. There is just a little bit of maneuvering around some rocks at one point, and always stick to the shoreline if a boat is doing the same thing, chances are they're a pirate trying to push you out to sea.

If you are willing to risk it though, you can cut straight across the ocean, which cuts about 5 minutes off the trip but of course, incurs the risk of being attacked by pirates. Newbie pirates love that trade route because many people don't understand that as soon as you go into "rough winds" you're open to being attacked by your own kingdom.

Hope that helps.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 25, 2014, 07:17:11 pm »
ah thats good to know, some video or other said you lose boat completely.

So I went afk to watch film and get LB and zone went to war and so I died and had my trial:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 25, 2014, 08:01:20 pm »
ah thats good to know, some video or other said you lose boat completely.

So I went afk to watch film and get LB and zone went to war and so I died and had my trial:

(click to show/hide)

Lol, gotta love the trial chat :D

Tiered skills? AA has combos as well, unless they're different in FFXIV, I wouldn't know, but in the end FFXIV is the classic tab target too.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 25, 2014, 08:54:27 pm »
Yeah was just comparing with an older title.

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 25, 2014, 09:02:52 pm »
It wasn't amazing but tera's combat was decent. shame AA couldn't at least get on that level, then I think I would actually be interested in game longer term with that combat in conjunction with the sandboxy pvp stuff.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 25, 2014, 09:25:31 pm »
It wasn't amazing but tera's combat was decent. shame AA couldn't at least get on that level, then I think I would actually be interested in game longer term with that combat in conjunction with the sandboxy pvp stuff.

It probably would've been a bit better, then again TERAs combat gets somewhat boring after like 30 levels as well, or maybe it was the game in general, considering how awfully boring it was to level.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #206 on: August 25, 2014, 09:27:32 pm »
I find it better than WoW's, unless you're looking for a specific feature?

Just in general for the late game pvp, like lots of interrupts, rotations with macros etc, lots of reactionary combat.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 25, 2014, 09:29:30 pm »
Just in general for the late game pvp, like lots of interrupts, rotations with macros etc, lots of reactionary combat.

There's a lot of that, if you ask me. Lots of abilities that fit a certain, unique role. You can check all the skills here and try to build a char:
http://arche-base.com/builds/generator

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #208 on: August 25, 2014, 11:24:15 pm »

I was thinking the same thing as I fucking hate tab target combat so I wasn't even sure I wanted to try it but when I got into beta I still really enjoyed it.

I think its due to the custom class combos, I was a huge fan of GW1 and the mixing of 3 classes really interested me. Plus, I think I'll be playing it more for the sandboxy elements than the combat system. Currently playing a battlerage/shadowplay/auramancy and its super fun. :)

Anyways, if anyone is worried about the combat I'd say still give it a shot when it comes out, its free after all.

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #209 on: August 26, 2014, 12:00:15 am »
The classes are quite nice, I preferred to create a character that worked best with what my clan mates had chosen.

By choosing witchcraft on my archer/melee (old habits die hard), I was able to bind an enemy, and if I was low on health, pop another skill that would combo with the bind, healing me or, if I was doing fine, I could tell my brother (a paladin type) to use a skill (I forget its name) that would cause a stun to proc, alongside the damage.

Really benefit being able to talk on teamspeak in those procedures, but after a short time, he would know when to do his skill based on the cast animation & whether or not I had a good amount of health. I like that idea a lot as it not only allows personal combos, but others can capitalise on it. Much easier with a smaller group of people (we four manned a lot) so it's nice to see a player and know exactly what they were capable of and how to bounce your own skills off them.

I'm sure there are other games that have done something similar, but I enjoy it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:25:54 am by Tennenoth »

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are