Author Topic: ArcheAge  (Read 74102 times)

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
Re: ArcheAge (EU Closed Beta)
« Reply #180 on: August 24, 2014, 04:00:59 pm »
Is the grinding aspect really that bad? It's literally the only one thing keeping me from just trying it out (been pondering the thought for a good while else).
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 24, 2014, 04:20:44 pm »
Is the grinding aspect really that bad? It's literally the only one thing keeping me from just trying it out (been pondering the thought for a good while else).

Depends what you want:
- house, boat - pretty fast to get, except maybe the biggest boat/house(mansion)/castle, but that should be a guild effort anyway
- leveling to max level - pretty fast
- crafting skills to max - not too bad
- best (crafted) gear - this is going to take a long time as crafting gear is quite RNG-ish and there's just so many tiers of crafting gear. But this is essentially ArcheAge's long term endgame, and of course all that is connected to it - capturing/castles in the north continent so people can farm rare mats for crafting, trade runs to get gold/other currency etc

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 24, 2014, 04:34:13 pm »
vibe more questions people wont answer in chat, sorry

-why is my glider I got now disappeared?

-it seems that the azalea and turmeric required for east trade run quest is not plantable in public farms (if this is true I guess I am definitely west, kind of fucking stupid)

-I heard you will be able to buy ingame patron and also access to auction house, are neither of these things ingame yet? how much these costs determines my interest in game really.

-also people you are playing at launch with are mainly speaking english or german? ;0

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 24, 2014, 04:41:40 pm »
-why is my glider I got now disappeared?

You probably had a trade pack on your back and that unequips your glider (same slot). It should be in your inventory.

-it seems that the azalea and turmeric required for east trade run quest is not plantable in public farms (if this is true I guess I am definitely west, kind of fucking stupid)

It isn't? Can't recall, I bought the required mats off the auction house, was not even that expensive.

-I heard you will be able to buy ingame patron and also access to auction house, are neither of these things ingame yet? how much these costs determines my interest in game really.

I don't think they're in the game yet, as well as the cost isn't set in stone.

-also people you are playing at launch with are mainly speaking english or german? ;0

It's an international guild, mostly vets from Russian/Korean beta. Why would you think they're german, I'm not german :D

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 24, 2014, 07:21:52 pm »
You probably had a trade pack on your back and that unequips your glider (same slot). It should be in your inventory.

It isn't? Can't recall, I bought the required mats off the auction house, was not even that expensive.

I don't think they're in the game yet, as well as the cost isn't set in stone.

It's an international guild, mostly vets from Russian/Korean beta. Why would you think they're german, I'm not german :D

thanks, actually it was equipped but missing from inventory and skillbar (i r noob)

I seemed to remember german or maybe different language last time I was in your TS playing haven

edit: new q, is there any actual point in owning a house other than land to grow stuff on, i mean gameplay bonuses from house itself
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 07:45:35 pm by Banok »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 24, 2014, 09:09:40 pm »
edit: new q, is there any actual point in owning a house other than land to grow stuff on, i mean gameplay bonuses from house itself

Not really. You can place advanced crafting stations in your house where you get access to higher tier crafting recipes, but most guilds have a guild shared house that has all that, or you get a friend who has that.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #186 on: August 24, 2014, 09:42:48 pm »
Is the fishing system good? i might become a fisherman. Thats what i did in wow anyways.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #187 on: August 24, 2014, 09:59:22 pm »
Not really. You can place advanced crafting stations in your house where you get access to higher tier crafting recipes, but most guilds have a guild shared house that has all that, or you get a friend who has that.

Seems like owning a house isnt required because of this which is good.

I'd probably buy it right know if I didn't disagree with what is contained in the cash shop and if I know how good PvP was.

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #188 on: August 24, 2014, 10:18:12 pm »
Seems like owning a house isnt required because of this which is good.

I'd probably buy it right know if I didn't disagree with what is contained in the cash shop and if I know how good PvP was.

Don't buy it. The founders packs aren't really worth it.

Just wait for open beta or release, its free to play you don't even have to buy the game.

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2014, 08:23:47 am »
Is the fishing system good? i might become a fisherman. Thats what i did in wow anyways.

It's definitely way more interesting and profitable than WoW's fishing, although I have yet to try it myself (fishing wasn't out in Russian AA while I was still playing). Basically you can fish anywhere, but if you want the big ones you'll have to find a fishing node (seagulls flying over water). Fishing process itself is a minigame. Once you catch a big fish, it doesn't just pop in your inventory, but rather it pops on your back as a trade pack. This is where the fishing boat comes handy, which has a water tank that can store the smaller fish and two hooks in the back where you can hang the big fish. You then transport these fishes to the fishing vendor and he gives you gold depending on the weight of the fish (the bigger the more gold, and you can get a lot of gold for some fish).

Fishing boat:
(click to show/hide)

For a complete guide in text:
(click to show/hide)

In video:

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2014, 08:59:37 am »
(click to show/hide)
In russian AA it was not profitable, expensive lures and a high risk of losing and boat and fish XD personally involved in the sinking of 10-15 fishing boats ))
i highly recommend to join the numerous clan who can call the raid at any time for a frigate. And sink everything that floating XD
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 09:02:49 am by Vovka »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 25, 2014, 09:17:37 am »
In russian AA it was not profitable, expensive lures and a high risk of losing and boat and fish XD personally involved in the sinking of 10-15 fishing boats ))
i highly recommend to join the numerous clan who can call the raid at any time for a frigate. And sink everything that floating XD

obviously if you get your ass piratetized it's not gonna be profitable  :mrgreen:

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 25, 2014, 02:34:04 pm »
Does the game have any actual new features combat-wise? Or still the same ol'point and headroll keyboard binds for skills?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 25, 2014, 02:45:03 pm »
Does the game have any actual new features combat-wise? Or still the same ol'point and headroll keyboard binds for skills?

It does have combos (spells/abilities that react to one another) but it's the same old tab target combat.

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 25, 2014, 02:57:36 pm »
I i figured out a good trade route for f2p, which only needs chickens and barely. chickens you can keep 15 of in public famrs more than anything else. and barely you can spam easily outside of claims.

But I went to the place to craft and saw this

(click to show/hide)

Vibe do you know much about handing in trade routes, i cant find the NPC "gold trader" in every province. and which NPCs give me gilda stars?

It does have combos (spells/abilities that react to one another) but it's the same old tab target combat.

To me comboing abilities is hardly revolutionary. The custom class system is the only thing keeping combat remotely interesting, but doesn't do enough for me.

Imo its still the same old mmo combat design for fat retards to play with 1 hand so other hand can simultaneously stuffs cheetos in face, then claim pvp takes skill.