Author Topic: ArcheAge  (Read 74101 times)

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
Re: ArcheAge (EU Closed Beta)
« Reply #165 on: August 23, 2014, 10:55:21 pm »
+1
from my point of veiw is even more pay to win than a russian version  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
« Reply #166 on: August 24, 2014, 01:57:24 am »
Just finished a dungeon, but to finish it properly and get the full exp its saying that we should have done it with a mentor? what the fuck, so to do dungeons of my level I first have to find somebody much higher leveld then me to basically carry me through the area for it to give me the xp at the end , great mechanic !
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #167 on: August 24, 2014, 02:59:29 am »
The EVE model is quite nice though, albeit not perfect of course.

ArcheAge's piracy thing always seemed like an interesting gameplay feature (and the one that would attract me the most) - hijacking peoples goods on the great sea, yay \o/

Do we have any successful pirates in here 8)?

Pff, everyone will probably be going for the pirate life.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 24, 2014, 03:28:30 am »
well I think f2p and land ownership is a solvable problem, salem does it.

but if they didnt want to solve that problem then they should have gone buy to play, not picked a f2p model that paywalls off the unique sales point of their game.

i guess I should have learned about this stuff probably before, sorry for the whining. how do you farm as a free player vibe?

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #169 on: August 24, 2014, 03:31:11 am »
Anyone know what happens to your house if you stop paying your monthly fee? Because honestly if you can buy one month, or farm enough ingame currency to buy a month with, then get a house and keep it.. well its not really that big of a deal in my opinion.

If you lose your house the second you stop buying months however, that'd kinda suck.

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 24, 2014, 03:51:30 am »
well I think f2p and land ownership is a solvable problem, salem does it.

but if they didnt want to solve that problem then they should have gone buy to play, not picked a f2p model that paywalls off the unique sales point of their game.

i guess I should have learned about this stuff probably before, sorry for the whining. how do you farm as a free player vibe?

Salem also has procedurally generated world that's (in theory) limitless (and also much bigger), while ArcheAge has a limited world, that's why they have to limit who can own land or not. You can farm as a free player by just planting the plants in the wild, but you'd have to hide your farm pretty well because your shit can get stolen then. A player that owns land can also give you permissions to plant/farm on his land.

Can't disagree with you on B2P though, even P2P would work better, imo.

Anyone know what happens to your house if you stop paying your monthly fee? Because honestly if you can buy one month, or farm enough ingame currency to buy a month with, then get a house and keep it.. well its not really that big of a deal in my opinion.

If you lose your house the second you stop buying months however, that'd kinda suck.

You can't keep owning land if you're not premium, afaik.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 03:58:17 am by Vibe »

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #171 on: August 24, 2014, 06:44:51 am »
How do the taxes work? I saw there were tax ceritifcates in the Cash Shop...do I gotta buy these monthly to pay my taxes? So in turn not only I have to pay monthly but I have to pay more for the cash shop?

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 24, 2014, 09:54:10 am »
Honestly I've been having some fun figuring out how to do farming as a f2p player. theres no guides out there I can find for f2p. every farming guide I look at completely fails to mention p2p requirement, even when they describe requirements to plant scarecrow, its retarded.

anyway so I didn't realise this whole system of being able to plant stuff anywhere unprotected. I hid some grape bushes in a bush on a hill since the public farm has a serious limit.

then I found someone had planted grapes in first zone where it looks abit like a public farm area to unsuspecting eye;

(click to show/hide)

you need to be lvl 15 to steal btw. also I love how people are placing trees and such a way to make them look like part of the natural zone. it seemed to be working since these trees where fully grown;

(click to show/hide)

so yeah now I'm 48/50 crime. no idea if there is any real repercussions for crime in this game, will be interested to find out.

was surprised that death vs pve in this game is actually a fairly big deal, doing a trade run in zone safe from pvp, but it seems likely mob will kill me and have no idea what will happen to my pack.

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #173 on: August 24, 2014, 10:46:21 am »
so yeah now I'm 48/50 crime. no idea if there is any real repercussions for crime in this game, will be interested to find out.

I've seen in the chat boxes some court cases with player judges and juries going on and in some cases the defendant was sentenced to like 30 minutes in jail and stuff like that. Is that from getting over 50 crime?

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole trial thing, I guess I'd have to see how it works out..

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 24, 2014, 11:09:22 am »
I've seen in the chat boxes some court cases with player judges and juries going on and in some cases the defendant was sentenced to like 30 minutes in jail and stuff like that. Is that from getting over 50 crime?

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole trial thing, I guess I'd have to see how it works out..

it doesn't sound like I would actually care, especially since game already encourages leaving yourself logged in to generate labour points.

the judge system in archeage always sounded like an quirky idea on paper but one that would never really work in a real game. some of the design desicsions in arheage are flipping crazy, but unlike all the other sandbox mmo's XL had huge budget/team to waste development time on tons of cooky crap content that doesn't add to the game. like the criminal system and cars etc.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 24, 2014, 12:36:12 pm »
How do the taxes work? I saw there were tax ceritifcates in the Cash Shop...do I gotta buy these monthly to pay my taxes? So in turn not only I have to pay monthly but I have to pay more for the cash shop?

That is one thing I'm not sure about, but I'm fairly certain that paying users don't have to buy extra from the shop to pay those. I think those certificates are gotten when you don't want to sub but want to keep your house, but I'm not sure because it wasn't the same in Russian version.

was surprised that death vs pve in this game is actually a fairly big deal, doing a trade run in zone safe from pvp, but it seems likely mob will kill me and have no idea what will happen to my pack.

When you get enough crime points you get outcasted as a pirate (you need to get quite some). Pirate doesn't belong to West or East, but the Pirate faction, which has their own island with their own NPCs (because the main NPCs on land stop interacting with you). If you go over 50 points in crime when you die you get sent to court to be jugded. If you're found guilty you get thrown into prison for X minutes.

I found the Trial chat pretty hilarious in EU beta and some people have been sentenced for A LOT of time :D For example (check bottom left for chat):
(click to show/hide)

I think the trial system does have it's place in this game. But you can be damn sure if your wild farm gets discovered it won't be there when you come back. One thing to do about this is to set timers so that you log in to check the farm right as plants are ripe for harvesting, unless someone uproots them before they become ripe - which is one of the most vicious things you can do in ArcheAge, considering it's just causing grief (you and him get nothing if he uproots your shit).

I've also seen defendants buy off the jury (jury is always real players), so they vote him innocent :D

If you die in the safezone with your pack on back, I think it remains there for like 8 hours or so and then anyone can pick it up. If you die with a pack in the pvp zone or open seas, then they can pick it up immediately.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 12:44:05 pm by Vibe »

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #176 on: August 24, 2014, 01:02:39 pm »
(click to show/hide)

The jury system does sound quite hilarious though; 1461 minutes, yikes :o
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 24, 2014, 02:26:57 pm »
+1
I hear is pretty easy to escape jail so not sure if being sentecned 161 minutes actually means anything, unless the debuff matters dunno enough about the system.

I think the trial system does have it's place in this game. But you can be damn sure if your wild farm gets discovered it won't be there when you come back. One thing to do about this is to set timers so that you log in to check the farm right as plants are ripe for harvesting, unless someone uproots them before they become ripe - which is one of the most vicious things you can do in ArcheAge, considering it's just causing grief (you and him get nothing if he uproots your shit).

I actually dug up a fair few of other peoples stumps when I started and was angry at system, but stopped now since its pointless and waste of labour points.

but I am actually winning the wild farming game so far. I havested a fair amount of other peoples stuff, and nobody found my grape bushes. I just put inside bigger enviroment bush but very close to the public farm. I'm not expecting to be able to keep everything I plant outside but like I said im doing well with it so far. plus some things like barely you can only legally plant 5 per character, but since they only take 20 minutes to grow you can go to town with them illegally since low cost its basically risk free ;)

If you die in the safezone with your pack on back, I think it remains there for like 8 hours or
good to know ty

PS: vibe any reason you are going west? as a f2p farmer I think the harani have best racial bonuses for me. but I guess western avatars have less anoying voices? i'm also wondering which continent is better for hiding trees; lol
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 02:33:32 pm by Banok »

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #178 on: August 24, 2014, 03:34:30 pm »
I hear is pretty easy to escape jail so not sure if being sentecned 161 minutes actually means anything, unless the debuff matters dunno enough about the system.

That UI is pretty much the exact same as WoW (except for the inventory).
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 24, 2014, 03:58:13 pm »
+1

PS: vibe any reason you are going west? as a f2p farmer I think the harani have best racial bonuses for me. but I guess western avatars have less anoying voices? i'm also wondering which continent is better for hiding trees; lol

Most of the people hide their shit in the mountains, since they're hard to reach and you need to do jumps with the glider otherwise it's unreachable. As for prison, even if you escape, you still have the debuff for entire duration, that prevents you from doing most of the stuff, afaik, so yeah, it's not just something you can forget about.

As for me going west, there's a couple of reasons:
- primary reason is that my guild is going West
- I've already leveled an Eastern char to max level, now I want to do West
- East has silly azn gayboys or furries to choose from :D

The jury system does sound quite hilarious though; 1461 minutes, yikes :o

Jury system is great because you can see the Trial chat and sometimes it's pretty hilarious. :D Last time I saw someone get sentenced was because he was French, not because of his crimes lol.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)