Author Topic: ArcheAge  (Read 74060 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: ArcheAge (EU Closed Beta)
« Reply #120 on: August 06, 2014, 08:44:01 am »
Proof that russian gamers are fair and nice people who love sportsmanship

)))))))))))))))))))))))) cyku
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 06, 2014, 08:52:48 am »
Not sure how it is but if crafting doesn't give you an edge against others in combat, I'd be fine with it honestly.

Crafting itself no, but the gear does. Crafting gear is the best in game, but you can always buy it off the market or farm some of the non crafting gear, which is also decent.
As for what you said Vovka, russian publishers are shit like always, they do nothing against bots and cheating, so that doesn't surprise me.

There really is a strong emphasys on the sandbox, crafting part for the endgame. As with usual MMOs you raid for gear, in this game you craft for it and kill eachother for tradepacks, gold, land and materials, which all fuels crafting. If you want to be serious in this game, you need to consider the sub. Free players can achieve any of this (except directly owning land), but it's gonna take a lot more effort. There's no hiding this fact.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:04:45 am by Vibe »

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #122 on: August 06, 2014, 09:02:13 am »
Crafting itself no, but the gear does. Crafting gear is the best in game, but you can always buy it off the market or farm some of the non crafting gear, which is also decent.
As for what you said Vovka, russian publishers are shit like always, they do nothing against bots and cheating, so that doesn't surprise me.
its not about russian publishers its weak game engine (as author's radar say). Server send all info about world in radius 100m if i remember right. So radar work only on clients side. Server can track radar program if u use teleport or change package (for example, the player spawns Kraken and other bosses, 100-200 mobs and killed them with a 1-2 spheres, spawn resources available only on the northern continent (in this case it was not available).

Soon on all eu servers cyki bleatb!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:19:45 am by Vovka »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 06, 2014, 09:12:08 am »
its not about russian publishers its weak game engine (as author's radar say). Server send all info about world in radius 100m if i remember right. So radar work only on clients side. Server can track radar program if u use teleport or change package (for example, the player spawns Kraken and other bosses, 100-200 mobs and killed them with a 1-2 spheres, spawn resources available only on the northern continent (in this case it was not available).

I don't know. I'm sure if XLGames (the original company that made the game) are pestered enough they'll do something about it. Trion has had success so far with XLGames bending the game they way the want to. Or I guess people just haven't complained enough about it :D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:25:34 am by Vibe »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2014, 07:50:59 pm »
+1
Bump, Closed Beta 3 is starting on thursday. I've secured 2 keys so far so if you want to try it out for a few days PM me. More keys coming soon probably.

You can also fetch a key yourself if you're fast here:
http://eu.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/archeage-closed-beta-event-3-blood-bounty no more
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 11:10:16 am by Vibe »

Offline Gatsby

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Goffredo; Montfort
« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2014, 09:44:56 pm »
They sent me the key so i give this a try but i'm not so excited, i'm just waiting for black desert.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2014, 05:29:33 pm »
Have one more extra key for CB3, if anyone wants it - PM me.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2014, 11:25:34 pm »
So, I haven't played the game yet but I watched lots of videos and made a lot of research.
I came to conclusion that I'll probably play an Abolisher.
I wanna know impressions of Abolisher, Blighter, Templar and Paladin and which stats weapons work well with them.
So, if u tried those classes, please share your impressions.
I'll probably go as an abolisher since it is a good, survivable solid melee, off-tank. Thinking on  4 str, 4 Sta, 1.5 agi ratio as stats. Lance shield or axe shield.

I'm thinking that auromancy is a must have 3rd skill tree for a melee because although you get high physical damage mitigration from armor and defence tree, you are vulnerable to magic damage. Since as a melee you'll focus on casters,healers and archers, I think auromancy's magic damage mitigation and teleport as a gap closer is essential.
I wanna know if heal on defense tree is helpful without any stat on spirit which increases healing power.
I would like to start as a paladin but in order to heal properly, you'll focus on spirit stamina and strength which means lot less dps and harder leveling without proper group so I guess I'll start an abolisher then level up vitalism as well to be able to go templar or paladin on dungeons, world bosses etc.
Also, I wanna know if you can pull an enemy from his boat to yours by using lasso on battlerage skill?
At which level you can fight on your mount? Is mounted combat any good or its just a feature (a useless cosmetic one)?

So yeah, enough :D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 11:29:53 pm by HarunYahya »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2014, 12:04:40 am »
'Songcraft' :OOOO you get to be a bard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldnt be surprised if you can hit the max level by only playing music.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2014, 01:12:50 am »
+1
Only playing music would be great, i'd settle for an MMO where i can just play songs and never fight (but it'd only be cool if everyone else was fighting and grinding etc)
Try LOTRO.
In lotro health is named "morale" and the healer class, minstrel uses ballads of songs to increase morale which totally makes sense. You choose which instrumant to play, you can heal your raid with lute,flute or drums lol. You can also use your keyboard to play notes, make live concerts plus you can even download pre-written notes and play in game, beat part is you can sync to your friend who is playing the same file so you can actually play a song as a trio of flute,lute and drum.

Good old days when we made performances in Prancing Pony / Bree...

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2014, 02:29:49 am »
how much the premium-acc for 1 month gonna cost?

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2014, 05:05:07 pm »
One thing I don't think has been pointed out yet about classes is that you can freely change your spec at any point by going to a priestess.

Basically, you have a global level, your outward level that people see, and the three skills you've chosen level up underneath that. You're able to go to a priestess and switch to a different skill set, with no penalty, the skills you've chosen to stop using will stay at the level they were (so you can switch back to them at any time without loss) and you'll be set to the level of the new skill you've used (if you've never used it before, it'll be at level 10).

Then you're able to level up those individual skills which effectively allows you to have every skill set to max level giving you the option of quickly mixing it up if you get bored of a certain play style. Naturally the equipment that you have will probably be based on a certain type, but while playing with a couple of friends, just the four of us, we were able to get enough money defending caravans and running trade routes to get materials to craft the different items so that any of us could just switch and obtain a new set of equipment. It took a lot of work really but once it was set up, we had no issues.

So yes, you don't have to settle on a set of skills that you don't like using, you can easily just switch out. So if you see someone do something you really think you'd like to do, just hover over them, see which classes they have chosen and switch out! :)

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2014, 08:58:19 pm »
To add to what Tenne said, yes you can do that, but you have to keep in mind that when you change a class tree (you have 3), you'll have to level it up - which proves slightly more difficult if you've already completed all the quests.

Also, I wanna know if you can pull an enemy from his boat to yours by using lasso on battlerage skill?
At which level you can fight on your mount? Is mounted combat any good or its just a feature (a useless cosmetic one)?

Generally for skill/class builds I'd go check this site http://arche-base.com/, you can search for desired three classes and see the most popular skill builds, some even come with videos/explanations.

I think you are able to lasso people off their boats, I'm pretty sure.
I think you can start fighting on your mount at around 20? If I'm not mistaken. It's more of a cosmetic feature than anything else.

I can't tell you much about the classes you ask though, there's just so many combinations. You're right in assuming that auramancy is very useful vs mages though. I'll be playing a Primeval on release most likely (Auramancy, Archery, Shadowplay) and if you don't have some sort of magic mitigation, you'll be dying in 2 shots from mages (Plate armor itself provides zero magic mitigation afaik - high phys, Leather armor is medium phys and medium magic mitigation and Cloth is high magic mitigation).

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2014, 10:15:47 am »
+1
havent really played any games since my stupid long hangover. was even thinking about going cold turkey for a while

today I got invited to archage beta. 1 week to play a game I been hyped for like 2 years for... MERRM

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2014, 10:47:07 am »
WELCOME TO ARCHEAGE CLOSED BETA EVENT 4: Conflict and Conquest

got it today for free  :twisted:

The adventure begins at 10:00 AM PDT (GMT-7) on Friday, August 22 and runs through 10:00 AM PDT (GMT-7) on Wednesday, August 27. Prepare today by downloading the game and catching up with our latest news, FAQ, Founder’s Packs, and forums.

I can't tell you much about the classes you ask though, there's just so many combinations.
4-5 classes playable remaining meat mass))

One thing I don't think has been pointed out yet about classes is that you can freely change your spec at any point by going to a priestess.

Basically, you have a global level, your outward level that people see, and the three skills you've chosen level up underneath that. You're able to go to a priestess and switch to a different skill set, with no penalty, the skills you've chosen to stop using will stay at the level they were (so you can switch back to them at any time without loss) and you'll be set to the level of the new skill you've used (if you've never used it before, it'll be at level 10).

Then you're able to level up those individual skills which effectively allows you to have every skill set to max level giving you the option of quickly mixing it up if you get bored of a certain play style. Naturally the equipment that you have will probably be based on a certain type, but while playing with a couple of friends, just the four of us, we were able to get enough money defending caravans and running trade routes to get materials to craft the different items so that any of us could just switch and obtain a new set of equipment. It took a lot of work really but once it was set up, we had no issues.

for 2 mounth grind i had 5 fully upped skill branches, but its really pain in ass.... is best defined with 4 main branches from the very beginning, they are easy to lvling on quests. Also very important overfulfill all the quests and get 125% experience or quests run out long before getting max level.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:57:37 am by Vovka »