Author Topic: ArcheAge  (Read 73589 times)

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
Re: ArcheAge
« Reply #360 on: September 21, 2014, 01:28:11 am »
To win every pvp fight, always get the jump on people. My group have killed and been killed a lot, everyone who gets the initiate wins pretty much.

I can't say that's true. We've only initiated maybe twice, most of the time it has been in self defence. I think the fact that we are literally sitting on teamspeak together, we can shout out what's happened, who to target and spam as much information as possible in order to deal with the situation. There has only been one dodgy situation where we almost lost our Primeval, but the enemy broke and ran before they finished him off, allowing us to mop up a couple of kills. I don't think people really realise that they don't lose all that much (besides a couple of honour points and equipment durability) when they die in PvP.

I guess we've just been lucky.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #361 on: September 21, 2014, 01:33:27 am »
I can't say that's true. We've only initiated maybe twice, most of the time it has been in self defence. I think the fact that we are literally sitting on teamspeak together, we can shout out what's happened, who to target and spam as much information as possible in order to deal with the situation. There has only been one dodgy situation where we almost lost our Primeval, but the enemy broke and ran before they finished him off, allowing us to mop up a couple of kills. I don't think people really realise that they don't lose all that much (besides a couple of honour points and equipment durability) when they die in PvP.

I guess we've just been lucky.

I dont think you suffer any durability loss from pvp death, only honor loss. How many are you when you play as a group? Because if you outnumber people thats an obvious advantage, ez win, but at even numbers maybe you just have really strong builds. Im not sure how balanced pvp can be with this much variety and possible combos.

Need 20 gold for 2 packs of APEX, i needs that patron labour gain and i wanna build a house possibly.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 21, 2014, 01:45:24 am »
I dont think you suffer any durability loss from pvp death, only honor loss. How many are you when you play as a group? Because if you outnumber people thats an obvious advantage, ez win, but at even numbers maybe you just have really strong builds. Im not sure how balanced pvp can be with this much variety and possible combos.

Need 20 gold for 2 packs of APEX, i needs that patron labour gain and i wanna build a house possibly.

We usually run around as three players, a cleric, primeval & an outrider. We've been fighting from around level 30 to 50 (I'm still low at 44, I'm the outrider), we've mainly been attacked by players above our level, but with what appears to be lesser equipment.

Glad the price of APEX is dropping, makes it much easier to sustain patron! :)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #363 on: September 21, 2014, 01:42:57 pm »
Aier seems to have become one of the most popular servers now, wtf. Queue times after like 1pm is 4k.

Might farm my patron on this character then switch server, feels stupid though but oh well... And seems like its going to be dahuta, because short queues.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Weren

• Duke
  • Renown: 588
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: irc://Weren
« Reply #364 on: September 21, 2014, 02:10:05 pm »
+5
(click to show/hide)

Best skill ever.
Free speech is about to become terrorism.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #365 on: September 21, 2014, 02:13:49 pm »
+1
I'll just wait a few weeks and home the ques are shorter.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 21, 2014, 04:09:07 pm »
Cant even log in before 24hour crops expire. last que I finished queing it just said "connection lost". so yah fuck this game right now

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 21, 2014, 04:32:28 pm »
Lol that face Weren. :D

@Tenne I've mostly been doing larger fights. We're farming mats for the biggest ships by planting a huge amount of trees on an island south of Dewstone (open PvP), yesterday we got quite a lot of people trying to steal our trees when they were ripe, so had some fun fights, we lost some trees but in the end they lost their trade packs (yeah, they attacked us while they were doing a trade run).

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 21, 2014, 05:40:29 pm »
Lol that face Weren. :D

@Tenne I've mostly been doing larger fights. We're farming mats for the biggest ships by planting a huge amount of trees on an island south of Dewstone (open PvP), yesterday we got quite a lot of people trying to steal our trees when they were ripe, so had some fun fights, we lost some trees but in the end they lost their trade packs (yeah, they attacked us while they were doing a trade run).

That seems... ill advised.
Had some more PvP, off the edge of the boat with my little crew. Brother feared the enemy captain right off his ship causing them to lose control and stop. I haven't a clue how he managed it but he just went "I'm going to try something" let go of the tiller and cast his fear. It worked and we got two trade packs for minimal effort from the enemy faction. We're still unsure as to whether or not the enemy captain let go of the tiller before the fear happened, or if he let go as a result of the fear. All we can confirm though is that stuns don't work.

Our main tactic does seem to be divide and conquer though, no one has really hit us with proper AoEs so we've been able to keep formation, as much as you can get with a few players.

I don't think that we'll be getting much larger PvP outside of our alliances since the Guild has always been small, but we're just learning as we go.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 21, 2014, 05:42:34 pm »
Hahah, some poor guy was trying to hand in a trade pack, missclicked and attacked one of our guys and got instagibbed by the guards :D easiest trade pack of my life

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 21, 2014, 05:43:46 pm »
Hahah, some poor guy was trying to hand in a trade pack, missclicked and attacked one of our guys and got instagibbed by the guards :D easiest trade pack of my life

Poor bastard.  :rolleyes:

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 21, 2014, 09:18:29 pm »
Our island where we farm wood is getting some heat, we actually had quite a lot of people trying to contest it when trees were grown, but in the end we had a force of 25 people so they couldn't do much but die and lose their ships :D

(click to show/hide)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #372 on: September 21, 2014, 09:22:56 pm »
Carrying trade packs and stuff sounds kinda cool.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 21, 2014, 11:34:53 pm »
Its unfortunate that we are so scattered. Us vanguards are considering making a guild on Aier now though, all depends if people are willing to commit (with all the queue times and stuff, its kinda putting people off) but if anyone is interested in joining us if this happens then you are very welcome. In a game like this having a decently sized guild would be really cool, but i really dont feel like joining some random guild already on the server, instead i kinda wanna build something up with people i know a bit.

Also bought patron now for real money to skip queues and put my gold towards fishing, and stuff.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 11:39:09 pm by Gravoth_iii »

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 22, 2014, 04:28:36 am »
Its unfortunate that we are so scattered. Us vanguards are considering making a guild on Aier now though, all depends if people are willing to commit (with all the queue times and stuff, its kinda putting people off) but if anyone is interested in joining us if this happens then you are very welcome. In a game like this having a decently sized guild would be really cool, but i really dont feel like joining some random guild already on the server, instead i kinda wanna build something up with people i know a bit.

Also bought patron now for real money to skip queues and put my gold towards fishing, and stuff.

If you want to pool resources without having a guild, not what you're talking about but I think it might help, you can get someone with a house & throw down a chest inside. If the owner sets both the house & the chest to "family" and invites you all as family members, you can access it. Our lot throw resources together in each others houses and it makes things much smoother.

We work on an orders basis, drop the resources in the box and tell the other person, then they can get on with it regardless of whether or not the buyer is online. Works quite nicely for most items.

Saw this guy during headstart, just found out I took a screenshot;
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 05:59:17 am by Tennenoth »