Author Topic: ArcheAge  (Read 73696 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: ArcheAge (Launch today 19:00 CET)
« Reply #315 on: September 18, 2014, 10:29:28 pm »
Bait worms still cost millions, no one sells seed bundles and cant build a farm to keep a farmers workstation on.. sadface

Not a Patron or why can't you build?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #316 on: September 18, 2014, 10:31:33 pm »
Not a Patron or why can't you build?

Yeah im F2P, might have to buy patron for a month just to try it out.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 18, 2014, 10:37:03 pm »
You'll have a hard time starting as F2P, but I think a sub is sustainable after that if you work hard. APEX goes for about 50-100g on the market, that is pretty cheap actually.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 18, 2014, 10:47:17 pm »
so began my queue at 850AM, 2,100 in queue.  its 445pm now, im 250 in queue.  Come on, by the time im actually in the fucking game, ill be putting on pajamas and going to bed.......

so to do this correctly, you have to queue when you go to dinner the following evening, so that you can play at 3pm the next day.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #319 on: September 18, 2014, 11:09:22 pm »
Does one APEX equal a month of patron though? can you even buy patron status with it? i cant seem to find anywhere to do it. I see some going for 60 gold, which is very reasonable if that would be enough for a month.

Still have my small plot of land from free patron, which will last a while so thats atleast something.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #320 on: September 18, 2014, 11:49:00 pm »
Does one APEX equal a month of patron though? can you even buy patron status with it? i cant seem to find anywhere to do it. I see some going for 60 gold, which is very reasonable if that would be enough for a month.

Still have my small plot of land from free patron, which will last a while so thats atleast something.

On their website, once you log into the account, at the bottom of the page there is a part that says "30 day patron pass". From my understanding, you buy the APEX packs which gives you gems, 1 pack gives you 1,250 gems, and the 30 day patron passes needs 2,400 gems. So, you'll need 2 packs for 30 days of patron.

You redeem the APEX in game & then do it through the website. That's my understanding anyway. It's perfectly viable, and I think the markets will equalise giving a reasonable price in gold. Even now at the 100 gold price tag, it's easily do-able to make 200 gold for 30 days even as a free player without a farm. Naturally it'll just take a bit longer to reach that goal.

Edit: Checked Shatigon's marketplace, at current there are plenty of APEX packs listed for 50 gold. 100 gold a month is easily do-able. I run four trade packs per day which takes me about an hour to do, that rakes in 20 gold (if I farm everything). For a free to play you could expect to double that time frame realistically, given the fact that you'd need to buy the items.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 19, 2014, 12:00:34 am »
You buy APEX on AH (2x APEX), use it to get credits, use credits to buy 1 month Patron. APEX is going for 50g right now, but I'm pretty certain the price is going to increase. It's going to be hard either way for a F2P player, much easier if you are a Patron already and if you have your farm that you can use as a source of gold to resub next month via APEX.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
Re: ArcheAge
« Reply #322 on: September 19, 2014, 08:22:44 am »
Ok, so in short, they've brought in new hardware to increase capacitiy of existing servers and add new servers. In addition, they're implementing a more aggressive AFK kick. Hopefully this means you guys will have less queues :)

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?52941-ArcheAge-Launch-Update-Capacities-Communication-and-Where-to-Find-Info

Also, this guy wrote up some nice quick tips for F2P players: http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2gsdmk/quick_tips_to_help_new_players_f2p_especially/

EDIT:

« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 11:23:26 am by Vibe »

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 19, 2014, 02:22:28 pm »
stricker afk timers. man these developers don't even have enough braincells to realise its their own terrible game design's fault, and that picking instead to war against macros is one they can only loose. especially in a f2p game.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 19, 2014, 02:24:34 pm »
stricker afk timers. man these developers don't even have enough braincells to realise its their own terrible game design's fault, and that picking instead to war against macros is one they can only loose. especially in a f2p game.

Indeed. The solution to reducing queues is actually VERY simple (and its not adding new servers, as people are not going to just move) - they basically just need to make the same labor regen for offline as you have for online - that way people won't have an incentive to stay afk logged in.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 19, 2014, 02:30:04 pm »
Indeed. The solution to reducing queues is actually VERY simple (and its not adding new servers, as people are not going to just move) - they basically just need to make the same labor regen for offline as you have for online - that way people won't have an incentive to stay afk logged in.

So much truth, incredibly simple solution but they want really want people to buy patron to get labor. Just make it 10/10 patron and 5/5 f2p, suddenly no reason at all to afk.

Worms have finally dropped in prices, 2 silver a worm much more reasonable than 1 gold per worm. Time to fish!... still need labor though -_- shouldnt have opened my 400 coinpurses, sapped it all.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 02:33:50 pm by Gravoth_iii »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 19, 2014, 02:48:49 pm »
So much truth, incredibly simple solution but they want really want people to buy patron to get labor. Just make it 10/10 patron and 5/5 f2p, suddenly no reason at all to afk.

Worms have finally dropped in prices, 2 silver a worm much more reasonable than 1 gold per worm. Time to fish!... still need labor though -_- shouldnt have opened my 400 coinpurses, sapped it all.

You had labor to open 400 coinpurses as a F2P? Did you stay afk logged in you dirty criminal?

Also come to Melisara :p

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 19, 2014, 03:49:00 pm »
You had labor to open 400 coinpurses as a F2P? Did you stay afk logged in you dirty criminal?

Also come to Melisara :p

No u come to aier. Most of that labor was from the free patron, and ofcourse afk.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #328 on: September 19, 2014, 04:20:04 pm »
Non-patron's get free patron and patron's get no patron.  :rolleyes:

They say they've run a script that reactivates patron, but once again it appears that they've completely overlooked EU. They said "post on this thread if you've still not got patron", there's another 100 pages of 20 posts all from EU players going "we've still not got our patron back".

I was fine when no one had patron, I knew they'd fix it in time, they did and everything was great for about 2 days. Now, I've no idea what they're buggering about with...

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks