Author Topic: 1h stab  (Read 3286 times)

Offline H3ADSH0T

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 1h stab
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2012, 02:22:35 pm »
Who said anything about being up close? I know I didn't. I've spent 7 of my 9 gens as a 2h and spin-thrusts were only necessary at face-hug distances. Granted, I was using thrust-oriented swords such as the German Greatsword, but I honestly think it's more difficult to stab with my +3 Espada Eslanova than it was to thrust with my +3 German.

EDIT: Seriously, has the whole Pike-at-point-blank-distance thing honestly made people thing that stabs are SUPPOSED to be used up close? *headdesk*

For some weapons it definitely should. It would be nice if stabs for one hand weapons (particularly the knives & daggers) had a different animation to come from lower instead of this tae-bo looking shit. The game lacks the concept of leverage if anything as with a dagger I should be able to "grapple" with you and shank a bitch. Pikes on the other hand need their own game mechanic or something because they were not martial art spears. Have you ever seen a picture of a guy with a pike? They should just be staticly couching or something lol

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2012, 02:55:48 pm »
+2
What I wanted to say is that 1h thrust animation tends to glance more unless you turn even if the enemy is infront of you, turning a little makes it connect more. Saying you rarely glance doesn't change the fact that 1h stab has the highest chance on glancing among all the weapon styles available...

If my sword had low damage on stab I would understand it but it's not.

With a one-hander with a bad stab I could understand your complaint, because you may bounce with them because of the low damage. If you bounce with +3 Espada it's just you being bad. Sad, but true.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2012, 07:09:06 pm »
+2
There is no difference between polearm thrust, twohanded thrust and one handed thrust. It's just that you notice this with one handed thrust more frequently because of three reasons I think:
1-One handed weaopons are shorter, meaning it is easier for your opponent to go to the end of your thrust (or just outreach you). This is the biggest factor.
2-It has lesser damage, meaning it always has a higher chance of being glanced depending on your foe's armor.
3-Onehanded is faster, meaning it might be harder to do timing. This is sometimes works the other way, but no matter what it plays a role at certain conditions; mostly when a non-experienced player uses it.
Wat? The 1h thrust, 2h thrust and polearm thrust are completely different animations and have completely different glancing windows. The ease with which 1h glances at the end of the stab has to do with the animation and not with these things you mention.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2012, 02:40:16 am »
Outranged by 2h stab, stepping in and out of range, come in close get kicked, weapon stun, lower damage means more hits to kill someone. Those are facts. Any 2h duelist will best a 1h if they are of the same skill (ofcourse both skilled enough). Simple as is.

Was more because I see more 1handers than ever in the duel server.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2012, 02:47:23 am »
Italion falchion? Oh come on, it is a weapon designed for swings not stabs. I do used that awesome sword and used thrust only when it is needed. Can't talk about the side sword as I had no experience with it.

But hey, I think long reach is needed for a thrust based one handed weapons. Which is why I suggest using arming swords or the long espada eslavona.
I tried both the espada elsavona and the long espada eslavona, and long espada eslavona was particularly better despite having less damage. Even the 95 reach of the side swing is not adequate enough to decide one handed thrust is broken or not.
Ronin I just stated that the onehander stab on the falchion was awesome and that the only thing I disliked about the weapon was the fact that teeth and his fucking heavy gauntlets could outreach me.
Also, I like the onehander stab, only issue I have with it is that it glances if the enemy walks slightly backwards.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2012, 04:03:06 am »
It still amazes me how rarely I glance with my 2h stab...
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2012, 07:33:14 am »
Was more because I see more 1handers than ever in the duel server.

Well I wasn't saying it's completely UP compared to 2h/pole for dueling just that 2h/pole have a few more advantages than 1h.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2012, 10:43:50 am »
Well I wasn't saying it's completely UP compared to 2h/pole for dueling just that 2h/pole have a few more advantages than 1h.
I feel quite adequate when it comes to 1 vs 1 with 1h no shield. In battle however you lack the range and hitting power that the other classes have. When playing 1 hand without a shield you have to play a bit differently and try to get them in a 1 vs 1. You need 3-4 hits so in the group vs group hit exchanging you won't deal much damage. As soon as you get up close you can finish them very easily. It's very easy to chamber with the leftswing as the time it takes to get into the chamber position is very short. Polearms mostly use the rightswing, so you can quickly chamber those to death in a duel. As soon as you see them catching on to that by doing holds, start spamming now and then with the leftswing.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2012, 10:58:03 am »
I feel quite adequate when it comes to 1 vs 1 with 1h no shield. In battle however you lack the range and hitting power that the other classes have. When playing 1 hand without a shield you have to play a bit differently and try to get them in a 1 vs 1. You need 3-4 hits so in the group vs group hit exchanging you won't deal much damage. As soon as you get up close you can finish them very easily. It's very easy to chamber with the leftswing as the time it takes to get into the chamber position is very short. Polearms mostly use the rightswing, so you can quickly chamber those to death in a duel. As soon as you see them catching on to that by doing holds, start spamming now and then with the leftswing.

Yeah, 1h no shield isn't a battle friendly class, I still manage to do quite well though and it seems to require different skills to be effective. I find it fun and challenging.

One thing that really bothers me though... teamhits. if I actually fight with a group of teammates I get fucking teamhitted average twice per round. So frustrating.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2012, 11:13:54 am »
For battle 1h noshield, I find mace + high str to be the way to go. Though you should operate on the flanks b/c teamhits as Vibe said.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die