Author Topic: Almerra Castle: Shenanigans  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
Almerra Castle: Shenanigans
« on: March 19, 2012, 09:37:18 pm »
+3
I was one of the first signed up for this battle:

When: Mon 16:21
Server: EU_cRPG_3

The Empire
1500 troops
commanded by
Raven_Joy

1627 troops
defending
Almerra Castle

3 hours prior to the battle I checked and I was on the roster.

30 minutes prior to the battle I checked and I was NOT on the roster, but still signed up to join the castle.  This is neutral, AI controlled.  The roster was completely full for defense.

The battle launches and defenders are missing about, oh, 30 people?  The roster shows them having a large group more than the attackers, yet in the actual server defenders have 10 less people than attackers.

So let me get this straight:

1) Lots of people sign up for castle siege
2) Most of them don't show up
3) People who did show up and were on the roster got knocked off the roster to make room for people who didn't show up
4) Attackers have a much easier time sacking a castle because the invite system is bunk

I think it's time for a revision to the Strategus invite system.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
Re: Almerra Castle: Shenanigans
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 09:56:19 pm »
+2
It needs to be based almost ENTIRELY on your reliability.

Guess what, most people who don't show have almost no reliability.  :mrgreen:

To put that into perspective, I was even unhired (9 reliability/4 performance) for somebody who has a similar build, but is lower level, with 2 reliability.  Their performance was just one point higher.  They did not show.

What's the point in hiring a level 35 player with 8 performance when his reliability is 2 or 3?

Also, several of the people who were signed up for defense were participating in another battle about 20 mins prior to the siege, the same was true for the attackers as well.

E: And by "almost entirely" I do mean, if somebody has 10 reliability, because they show up to battles,  but do nothing but grief and have low performance, they won't be hired either.  Why hire somebody who IS going to be there but be detrimental to your fight?  I.E. that person who had 1 performance and just built a siege tower inside the castle last round..

Re-E: I think that NPC controlled things need to have their nighttime set to every hour until :45 past.  Rosters are updated 45 minutes prior to the battle, and noshows are removed, and roster updated to include players in those spots 15 minutes after the start (which would be 12 or 13 mins  after the initial phase)

Re-E-E: And if a really good player (high performance) griefs for a round this should be alter their performance considerably.  There are players, good players I might add, who have gone severely negative in the Almerra Castle defense.  Hmm, let's see, they are fighting against a friendly faction, I wonder why they are doing poorly for once.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:25:35 pm by RibaldRon »
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA

Offline Don_Otgrebon

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 10:46:12 pm »
gj def

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 11:04:56 pm »
It needs to be based almost ENTIRELY on your reliability.

Guess what, most people who don't show have almost no reliability.  :mrgreen:

To put that into perspective, I was even unhired (9 reliability/4 performance) for somebody who has a similar build, but is lower level, with 2 reliability.  Their performance was just one point higher.  They did not show.

What's the point in hiring a level 35 player with 8 performance when his reliability is 2 or 3?

Also, several of the people who were signed up for defense were participating in another battle about 20 mins prior to the siege, the same was true for the attackers as well.

E: And by "almost entirely" I do mean, if somebody has 10 reliability, because they show up to battles,  but do nothing but grief and have low performance, they won't be hired either.  Why hire somebody who IS going to be there but be detrimental to your fight?  I.E. that person who had 1 performance and just built a siege tower inside the castle last round..

Re-E: I think that NPC controlled things need to have their nighttime set to every hour until :45 past.  Rosters are updated 45 minutes prior to the battle, and noshows are removed, and roster updated to include players in those spots 15 minutes after the start (which would be 12 or 13 mins  after the initial phase)

Re-E-E: And if a really good player (high performance) griefs for a round this should be alter their performance considerably.  There are players, good players I might add, who have gone severely negative in the Almerra Castle defense.  Hmm, let's see, they are fighting against a friendly faction, I wonder why they are doing poorly for once.  :rolleyes:

where are you getting these numbers for reliability and performance?

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 11:35:08 pm »
people were fighting in NA fight thats why they came late

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 12:14:12 am »
where are you getting these numbers for reliability and performance?
You can click on somebody's name  in the roster, and it gives you a value for their reliability (your % out of 100, rounded to the nearest 10th) and their performance (???) however it does not update frequently, if at all.  My stats were only added, they have never been modified.
signature removed: annoying

USA USA USA

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 02:20:32 am »
As someone else said, most of the sign ups were fighting an NA strat battle but as soon as that finished the defence team for Almerra castle filled up and we actually defended the castle with 500ish tickets left.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 06:36:01 am »
+3
I still don't understand how and why did the fucking 2nd small siege tower bugged...
Fucking buggy retarded siege series in almerra lol
First siege : Ladders were going through walls
Second siege: Devs decided to replace the broken door with an undamagable persistant wall and guess what ? Stakes and slopes around the fucking castle doesn't allow your siege tower to reach the fucking walls .....
Third siege : We decided to use Small Siege tower, 1st one was a success but after its broken , 2nd small siege tower's ramp bugged , couldn't reach the fucking walls with it...

We dont have catapults , ladders can be broken by 2 hits from a fucking sword , stakes doesn't allow you to reach the walls with siege tower , THERE IS NO GATE that we can capture or destroy by force , that castle is totally op now lol

Good old days of besieging almerra from strat v2.0
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 06:38:32 am by koyama »

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 07:08:34 am »
Regarding ladders, I didn't notice that anyone tried the "sideways ladder" trick -- instead of throwing the ladder down at an angle to land perpendicular to the wall, you go to the bottom of the wall and throw the ladder nearly parallel to the wall.  Can't say for sure that would have worked, just noting that I didn't see anyone try it.  I definitely saw how the spikes were preventing medium ladders from working.

Also, how come nobody uses catapults?  I thought I heard that they can destroy walls in Strategus but I've never seen anyone try.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 08:13:35 am »
Thanks attackers for all the Great Mauls (particularly useful for siege DEFENSE) and Masterwork Germans

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 10:09:57 am »
Its not just reliability, the fact that it changes willy fucking nilly is a huge problem. I bet a lot of people didn't even realize they had been accepted. It should have a 5 hours lock down.

More importantly for AI fiefs I think the system should allow over booking. So during the first minuet of the battle when everyone joins it quickly goes through and takes the 50 highest level players and boots the rest to spec. It sure seems like a lot of work but the current system is a real fucking coin toss.

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it agaiN! All battles should happen during a 5 hour prime time period.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline joespose

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: JoesToes
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 11:50:39 am »
Look on the bright side koyama there is no hope in fucking hell anyone will take that castle off you after you actually take it for yourselfs
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 04:59:14 pm by joespose »

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 05:12:36 pm »
Look on the bright side koyama there is no hope in fucking hell anyone will take that castle off you after you actually take it for yourselfs
Thats the only reason we are keep attacking that hell  :twisted:
Btw vibe , don't brag as defenders , our KDR is still better than yours ^^

Regarding ladders, I didn't notice that anyone tried the "sideways ladder" trick -- instead of throwing the ladder down at an angle to land perpendicular to the wall, you go to the bottom of the wall and throw the ladder nearly parallel to the wall.  Can't say for sure that would have worked, just noting that I didn't see anyone try it.  I definitely saw how the spikes were preventing medium ladders from working.

Also, how come nobody uses catapults?  I thought I heard that they can destroy walls in Strategus but I've never seen anyone try.
We tried that multiple times but slopes and stakes around the damn castle makes calculating the angle of the ladder nearly impossible . We managed to do that few times anyway but since defenders have 70+ people while we have only 50 on battle , you guys have people on every side of the castle therefore your men jumped down and broke those ladders.

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 05:54:21 pm »
I m thinking about selling all of our fiefs and putting almerra 5 k shiny army and 2 million money so noone can take it from us for like 1 year