Author Topic: Archery Help?  (Read 10304 times)

Offline Manatapit

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Aegis Soveriegnty - HoC
  • Game nicks: SoA_Lord_Manatapit - MufasaPrime
Archery Help?
« on: January 05, 2011, 09:17:40 am »
So I logged in today to find my stats and level and all been redone. And I quickly noticed to steep rise in WPP Cost per skill up after 130. I am at currently at 148 WPF and its costing 9 WPP per skill up. I played in the servers and someone told me that the effective cap on the WPF is 150 and after I should spend my points in something different.

My Question:
If the effective cap is 150. Did they change the way Power Draw affects accuracy at difference WPF to accommodate this new cap?

I would like to use my Warbow or Longbow again if possible but not if im gonna be having my crosshairs the size of my fist on my screen.

Offline Sir_Walther

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Walther
Re: Archery Help?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 09:20:24 am »
Its a Nerf to archery.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HexBag

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HexBag/HexMurder
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 09:40:05 am »
Its a Nerf to archery.

Lol its not a Nerf, its a complete ruin, no 1 will play archery cuz it so damn hard now, theres no fun in it.
Game was nerfed to benefit cav. n tincans so that they can mindlessly hack n slash everything they come across with no serious opposition except from other tincans.
From now on you either play melee/cav. or u get rolled everytime in battle.

I feel like my archer character suffers from dyslexia, his crosshairs are so wide i couldnt hit sht even if it was 3ft infront of me
If that bitch in my pic can arrow sht with her feet, why cant my archer, a trained soldier headshot a tincan?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 09:51:33 am by HexBag »

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (>'.'<)(*)(*)(¯`·._) LLJK (¯`·._) (*)(*) (>'.'<)
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 09:56:49 am »
Make it so bows do piercing damage again and things will be a bit more sane. As it is right now it's like a double nerf to archers. Once I grind my way to 30 going to seriously think about going crossbow, or throwing :p

Offline Manatapit

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Aegis Soveriegnty - HoC
  • Game nicks: SoA_Lord_Manatapit - MufasaPrime
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 09:59:20 am »
I dont care about my damage but more about my accuracy. I'm still getting kills with my bow. I just want to be able to use my Warbow and be effective.

Offline HexBag

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 10:03:35 am »
I dont care about my damage but more about my accuracy. I'm still getting kills with my bow. I just want to be able to use my Warbow and be effective.

You´ll get that, when your lvl 40 at least, until then you better have alot of Athletics because your going to do some running from OP tincans and their war horses

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (>'.'<)(*)(*)(¯`·._) LLJK (¯`·._) (*)(*) (>'.'<)
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 10:42:22 am »
I find accuracy is fine, you just might need to settle for a strong bow or something until you can grind your WPF back up.

Offline Elusin

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 11:02:23 am »
I dont know how to request this be brought to light without sounding like i'm complaining.  I am requesting changes be made to make a "fighting" chance.

Pre-patch LVL 32 Gen 1 Dedicated Archer build
kDR of 3:1
Post-patch
KDR of 0.5:1

I had no "bonus wpf" that I was relying on. As mana said, no point in playing with a crosshair the size of my fist. Think it's time i seriously consider going melee or pickup a horse.

PS - the draw animation is cool.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 11:03:42 am by Elusin »

Offline Farrok

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Farrok
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 11:12:18 am »
I dont know how to request this be brought to light without sounding like i'm complaining.  I am requesting changes be made to make a "fighting" chance.

Pre-patch LVL 32 Gen 1 Dedicated Archer build
kDR of 3:1
Post-patch
KDR of 0.5:1

I had no "bonus wpf" that I was relying on. As mana said, no point in playing with a crosshair the size of my fist. Think it's time i seriously consider going melee or pickup a horse.

PS - the draw animation is cool.

(Horse)Archer is a waste of time, no problem with a nerf but this is overnerfing because of all the spammers who whines about arrows(mostly bolts) which kill them in the time they have 4203459234059:0 KD rate

Go Twohanderspammer, with new halfswording than you dont have problems now and for later patches because this will the only thing that wont be nerfed because most whine wins, most players plays twohanders, so twohanders win.

though i go polearm because i like it more ;) back to the roots would i say...first, wait second char(because first was HA it was impossbile 9 agi per HA)...thoough it is impossible again with no accuracy and damage) on crpg was polearmer ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 11:26:07 am »
Idk, I saw skilled archers doing well, and people who previously relied on pinhead crosshair and railgun damage to get easy kills get slaughtered. Sounds fairly balanced to me.

You say HA is ruined, and I see Cris somewhere at the top of the scoreboard, so.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 11:34:34 am »
Idk, I saw skilled archers doing well, and people who previously relied on pinhead crosshair and railgun damage to get easy kills get slaughtered. Sounds fairly balanced to me.

You say HA is ruined, and I see Cris somewhere at the top of the scoreboard, so.

That's their problem.  The SKILLED archers are the ones doing well while the rest are found wanting.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 12:13:39 pm »
No more robin hood archers, good riddance!

Offline HexBag

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 01:06:03 pm »
No more robin hood archers, good riddance!

lol , Ninjas !

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 01:09:22 pm »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline hidden

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: hidden/HiddenArcher
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 01:22:33 pm »
Wow they nerfed everything accuracy, damage and speed.

But the worse thing is that they shrunk the longbow size!!!! I chose that bow cos its the biggest and most damaging. Now it looks like a short bow!! Now how am I going to compensate for my small....

Anyway I think the nerf is just a bit too much. I think they should either change the damage back to pierce or give us back the ability to take the weapon prof high for accuracy. I think with how it is now cav is getting a big boost as its very hard to kill horses ATM.

Anyway to sum up I shot a naked peasant before with a longbow and normal arrows in the chest and he did not die :`( 

I was just pleased that I hit him lol
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 01:26:27 pm by hidden »