Author Topic: Crossbows  (Read 812 times)

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
Crossbows
« on: March 01, 2012, 10:31:56 am »
Hang out on NA1 one night and tell me Crossbows shouldn't be nerfed.

That is all I got to say.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
Re: Crossbows
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 10:46:41 am »
They are annoying.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 10:55:38 am »
everything that is not 2h or pole-infantry should be nerfed with every patch, obviously  :mrgreen:

No just mounted crossbows.

Throw a WPF requirement on it or something.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 11:29:18 am »
+2
Hmmm.

Most people carry crossbows because it's an effective thing to do with your spare slots.  Most crossbowers, I'd bet, have no wpf in crossbow -- they are basically 2-handers who carry the crossbow so they have some options.  That's a good and smart thing to do.  What else are they going to do?  Carry a backup 2-hander?  The only reason NOT to have a crossbow is you want to save some money at the expense of having to hide in a building because you have no defense against Rohypnol or Release Arrows.

Certain people put up nice looking KDRs as horse crossbowmen but I really don't think it's that effective.  They kill off some peasants and some idiots or slackers out in the open but then it comes down to the endgame they usually lose because a) they run out of bolts before they can kill everyone or b) they run out of time or c) they mess up and die.  Crossbows aren't very time-efficient at killing people.

The only nerf I would consider is making crossbow wpf do more.

I do think it's a bit unfair that anyone can carry a crossbow and be perfectly effective with it without spending any points, while throwers and archers have to spend a lot of points and suffer a lot of restrictions in order to ply their trade.

I mean I do 2H + throwing and I have to give up 97 wpf and 4 skill points to be able to throw (and pick up) heavy throwing axes in my main gear set.  This means I need 4 WM to get my 2-handed wpf up to something decent.  So basically 2H+throwing will always have worse stats than 2H+crossbow and it's somewhat questionable as to whether throwing is better than crossbows or not (better fire rate but half the ammo and crossbow hits do more damage).

So I disagree that crossbows, themselves, are "overpowered".

They might could use some tuning given how little you have to give up to be a crossbowman and how much you have to give up to be a thrower.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 12:08:09 pm »
Crossbows are worse than bows already..
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 926
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 01:47:03 pm »
Hmmm.

Most people carry crossbows because it's an effective thing to do with your spare slots.  Most crossbowers, I'd bet, have no wpf in crossbow -- they are basically 2-handers who carry the crossbow so they have some options.

I don't think so. Without wpf they would pay repairs for crossbow every round and that isn't cheap. Most of them have at least 100 xbow wpp.

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 02:10:26 pm »
Crossbows are worse than bows already..
Some time ago I shot some archer in weaboo armor in the neck with arbalest and steel bolts, just to see him taking a hit by a 2h, getting bumped by a horse and then finally finished by some other melee guy... GTX followed immediately and now I'm cav and life is fun again. Biggest joke was that I got most of my kills as xbower with my military hammer, 5 ps and like 30 wfp...
If anything the xbows are good for headshots at medium range or as shotguns.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 02:51:16 pm »
Pff, more ranged whine... great. If this is about mounted crossbowmen, they are pretty much the same as a horse archer atleast how i see it. They may deal a little bit more damage but they also have a slow reload. I dont know how accurate they are tho, but all you really need to do is not stand in the open because that is probably where you will get shot by them.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 03:03:52 pm »
buff crossbows!
21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos