cRPG > Announcements

New Market Rule

(1/39) > >>

Meow:
From now on, exploiting other players' mistakes on the market will be against the rules.

This means that if you find offers that are obvious mistakes you must return those item/gold to the original owner without any personal gain.
You can buy the item and instantly contact the owner so no one else can grab it or you just PM him and make him aware of his mistake.

If you instead decide to keep the stuff or try to get some extra money out of it, we will forcefully return those items/gold and make sure there is a proper punishment.

We had to put this rule in place since lately some players decided that their own gain is more important than the community and we will make sure they change their mind about that.
Players quit over such mistakes and this will not happen anymore.

There is no way we can return items that were lost this way before since there was no rule against it.
Now there is.
So if you get into trouble on the market because you entered some wrong numbers, be assured from now on you will get your stuff back.

If your "trade partner" is not cooperative according to this rule - contact us.

This only goes for obvious mistakes, some examples:

* Selling heirlooms for a fraction of their actual value. (e.g. selling a +3 item for 1/1500/15000/150000 gold and similar deals)
* Offering a multitude of their value in gold. (e.g. offering 3 million gold for a +1 Item)
* Offering a +3 item for a +0 +1 +2 item without requesting extra gold.
As always - common sense applies, cases that fall under this rule will be obvious to everyone.

Do not try to abuse this to revert trades because you could have gotten a better one some minutes later or to get temporary money to do other deals, it will be completely obvious to us.

EDIT: Stickied since it's becoming a problem again lately.

Stabby_Dave:
Great justice

Cosmos_Shielder:
What about someone selling a +1 item for 100 000 gold. If the guy is just a fool but didn't make any mistake is that exploiting?
So will there be minimum price for heirloom now?

In fact i definetely agree with these new rules, I just think that this need precise explaination.

What about someone offering a dagger +3 against a German Greatsword +2.
If i had a dagger+3 i would definetely try to replace it by a +2 German Greatsword

Meow:
I edited the +2 part of that example but as said, this is about obvious mistakes not about real deals that people want to do.

You can if you like trade a +3 item for a +1 item or 5 gold, we do not care.
This is about people getting ripped off for failing to enter the right numbers or the right heirloom modifier.

Vibe:
bout time yo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version