Author Topic: archery..  (Read 50277 times)

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
Re: archery..
« Reply #975 on: May 11, 2012, 02:45:34 am »

1. Weird, maybe it was a forcefield flicker, or he hit you in the foot.
cute but no, it were direct hits on the shield, happens on a regular base

2. Yep, 1 shielder should tottaly be able to own several archers.
see response to 3.
3. Again, it's tottaly unfair that you're getting killed by a pair of coordinated players.
see response to 2.

look at my post again and get what you said out of the brakets ... yawn ... a what the hack isn't that difficult here we go only for you mate
(1. is in my eyes OP and needs to be changed, 2-3 are depending on the player and his personal skill level)
so your answers to 2,3 are pretty much copied from me, love it when people have to say something
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Pappus

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: May 11, 2012, 03:45:24 am »
Alright, well if we are saying that Kills don't mean anything, then what is everyone's answer to the posted total damage dealt stats released a month or so ago that showed archery (specifically bows) dealing about 9% of the total damage for both EU and NA... How are you interpreting that?

Thanks for the heads up on those numbers, but how are they meaningful or useable? It is just total damage dealt, we have no idea how many archers there were.

What we would need is such a statistic that gets it down damage per round per class per amount of players, because from my observation a team of 40 players doesnt have 20 archers, but likely 20 melees.

We can do some aproximation though. From what I have seen there is 1 archer per 6 players ~~

That would boil down to:
1 archer/crossbowman does 2,25% of the total dmg
1 of ANYTHING else does 2,55% of the total dmg.
(aproximation used a 40 man battle)
I included HA,HX,HT into the latter, The stats sample I was able to find were a bit small for them anyway. In total 5ish percent.

It would translate into: Same effectiveness, less danger.

Can't some server admins to some controlled logging? Gettint 80 players, clear the log, count the classes and let them wreac havoc for e.g. 10 rounds?

Even then I don't want the dmg of them to drop to 1% of whatever, that is not the point of this, they deserve to enjoy their gaming time as much as everyone else does. There is jsut a need to cut away the sheningans and then, if effectiveness/playability drops to low, buff them on the high range dmg again.

Offline Pappus

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: May 11, 2012, 03:59:56 am »
I just thought ...

All these people complaining about being unable to counter everyone in the game and then complaining on the forums, what do these people do in other games ? If they play a generic shooter like e.g. battlefield, are they running up to a tank as a medic and try to destroy it with a knife ? And when they get killed in the process do they send hatemails to dice, demanding knifes being able to destroy tanks because tanks have NO COUNTER and its no fair ?

BF has a counter for everything implemented. Take out the SAM's and watch how the mood about flying stuff changes rapidly.

Close to them, you refer to touching them, because it happens only if you try to walk through him. So yes a good movement will allow you to pull it off.

And I will tell you again, that most of the archers on EU_1 run as fast as me. I use no shield, only a lance as weapon, light kuyak, nord helm, rus splintered boots, 0.5 weight gauntlets and I have 8 athletics. Not that it matters once he draws I have to switch to erratic movement and he can backpaddle a bit and gain distance. I will die like 9 times out of 10 starting from 3m away after being unhorsed right next to them.

Oh and MrShine, draw a ticket and get in line, because melees die often enough in two well placed hits aswell.

Btw occasional storm condition? You mean turn left press strg + j, aim for my chest and get those 56 dmg on my chest doubled? Or the less risky variant, outmaneuver stand still wait for me to come around and then aim for the chest for increased dmg?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:05:35 am by Pappus »

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #978 on: May 11, 2012, 05:53:27 pm »
Oh and MrShine, draw a ticket and get in line, because melees die often enough in two well placed hits aswell.

Btw occasional storm condition? You mean turn left press strg + j, aim for my chest and get those 56 dmg on my chest doubled? Or the less risky variant, outmaneuver stand still wait for me to come around and then aim for the chest for increased dmg?

A ticket?  A ticket for what?  I don't get where you are going with that.

That max 56 HP damage example I posted was with a +3 long bow a +3 bodkin 8 PD no archer armor to reduce wpf further and a near point blank shot since ranged damage drops off considerably from the max as you get further away.  AKA a perfect storm, something that will hardly ever happen and you trying to use that as a reason to nerf archery is silly.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #979 on: May 11, 2012, 06:32:19 pm »
People win the lottery every week. That needs to be nerfed. It should be much harder to win millions of dollars like that.  :P
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #980 on: May 11, 2012, 08:19:56 pm »
NO.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #981 on: May 14, 2012, 01:58:01 am »
BF has a counter for everything implemented. Take out the SAM's and watch how the mood about flying stuff changes rapidly.

And I will tell you again, that most of the archers on EU_1 run as fast as me. I use no shield, only a lance as weapon, light kuyak, nord helm, rus splintered boots, 0.5 weight gauntlets and I have 8 athletics. Not that it matters once he draws I have to switch to erratic movement and he can backpaddle a bit and gain distance. I will die like 9 times out of 10 starting from 3m away after being unhorsed right next to them.

There's ur reason right there, ur playing what archery counters. Also, ur using a lance without a horse?!?!

@kinngrimm
Regarding the amount of Range users....this is one of my pet peeves because xbows don't have any skill contribution like PD, all they need to do is stack WM which in turn makes them a better hybrid. However, throwing seems to be designed to be a hybrid weapon in crpg as well because of it's small ammo amount.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 02:48:17 am by Havoco »
Pock gobblers