21 (15.7%)
Strat sucks
31 (23.1%)
Strat sucks but I will enjoy the battles
35 (26.1%)
I like Strat and Chaos are still somehow the nerds here
47 (35.1%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Author Topic: CHOPAS - Wat the Heck? (NA Faction)  (Read 630543 times)

Offline Winterly

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • I play with Quiet Mode On.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
Re: CHAOS - War is Hell (NA Faction)
« Reply #8205 on: October 22, 2012, 12:44:47 am »
+1
Let's see if we can get another session in tonight or next week same time.
Winterly's Stuff(selling Courser/buying head and foot armor)
I love how most EU players insert an imaginary "f" into my name: Winterfly.
"Life is kind of like peeing into the snow in a dark winter night, you probably made a difference, but it's really hard to tell" - Joe Wong

Offline Formaldehyde Junkie

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beeper
« Reply #8206 on: October 22, 2012, 01:23:06 am »
+1
I'd like to play sometime too.
Can't remember that last time I dinked around with you all.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8207 on: October 22, 2012, 01:26:16 am »
Ahhh I won't be around tonight, don't kill him without me!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 02:33:44 am by Malaclypse »
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #8208 on: October 22, 2012, 04:01:41 am »
I got bored cause my computer kept shitting on me whenever I hit my PTT. Minecraft has terrible key bindings, every time I hit mouse 4 or 5 to talk it goes to the menu screen and lowers the fps, whereas if I switch it to ctrl or alt it just messes up my brain.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Formaldehyde Junkie

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beeper
« Reply #8209 on: October 22, 2012, 06:46:38 am »
Between two jobs I've worked over 40 hours friday saturday and sunday.
I have two days off so I'll be able to play video games.
Hail satan.

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #8210 on: October 22, 2012, 05:02:24 pm »
+1
Get that damn Blackzilla off my roster list RIGHT NOW

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU MAKIN ME SO ANGRY IM GONNA POP A BLOOD VESSEL

Offline ildist

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • hehexd
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS, THE MATES
  • Game nicks: Ildist_of_Chaos
« Reply #8211 on: October 23, 2012, 01:34:25 am »
+1
I mean if it was your roster you would've taken him off, so oweondwonedownedonweodnwoendwoendwonedowned.
Malaclypse: now every time I eat them I think about her that girl's snatch
Malaclypse: it tortures me
That Guy: wat

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #8212 on: October 23, 2012, 01:39:02 am »
+2
Still waiting for those zombie movies reviews Canary

Indeed. Still haven't gotten around to watching many.

aka Non si deve profanare il sonno dei morti
'They tampered with nature - now they must pay the price...'
IMDB entry
Director: Jorge Grau
Starring: Ray Lovelock, Cristina Galbó, Arthur Kennedy

Synopsis: A bohemian sort of dude is traveling somewhere in the (English?) countryside and has to hitch a ride with some lady who wrecked his motorcycle. Then there are zombies.

This movie is kind of muddled and either it was just boring me too much or it was actually kind of hard to follow. Anyway, the police don't believe the female protagonist (in a very Blob-esque kind of way) that there's some crazy guy that attacked her. The description she gives is of some dude who just died last week!!!! So, the police follow the main characters around and harass them 'cause they think they're the ones who murdered their friends.

"Yer all the same, the lot o' you with your long hair and bundle of sticks clothes. Drugs, sex. Every sort of filth."

Anyway it turns out that there's some sort of experimental farm machine designed to get rid of pests that puts out high-frequency sound waves that drives all the insects to go crazy and attack each other. A local hospital is having trouble with babies being born crazy strong and attacking nurses. I wonder if these things have anything to do with the dead guys that are also going around killing people...

Overall, a fairly tame and forgettable movie with a few visually interesting moments but a slow-moving plot and not a lot of excitement. The name is probably the best part of the whole movie, goddamn do those Italian horror films have the best names.

Halloween Spirit: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 2/10 rather unimpressed looking halloween zombies
Scares: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 3/10 walking corpses
Classic Horror Value: I forget how it ends. Pretty low.
Camp factor: Medium. It's kind of silly but not really humorously so.

(click to show/hide)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8213 on: October 23, 2012, 08:24:01 am »
Yay first zombie review. Though seems bad. Haven't watched it myself.

Offline Mayzer

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Trueborn Stratian
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mayzer_of_Chaos, Harbinger_of_Chaos
« Reply #8214 on: October 23, 2012, 07:22:48 pm »
Needs more Monster Mash.
Human, you've changed nothing. Your species has the attention of those infinitely your greater. The Harbinger has come.

If you wish to contact me, search for Mayzer on Steam. I'm the one with the Minecraft avatar.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #8215 on: October 31, 2012, 12:50:46 am »
+2

ONE MORE DAY 'TIL HALLOWEEN, HALLOWEEN, HALLOWEEN. ONE MORE DAY 'TIL HALLOWEEN, SILVER SHAMROCK.

TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD
'Who are these unholy savages who hunt out their victims by sound alone?'
IMDB entry
Director: Amando de Ossorio
Starring: Lone Fleming, César Burner, María Elena Arpón, José Thelman

Synopsis: Some folks are traveling to a resort hotel when a girl starts feeling like a third wheel. She then hops off the train and tries to camp in a ruined castle. THEN THERE ARE CRAZY BLIND TEMPLAR ZOMBIES.

Here's an interesting one: A Spanish film with zombies that were, in life, evil satanist knights (hello Templars) who did rituals that involved biting the hell out of maidens to give them eternal life. TURNS OUT IT WORKED.
Like so many zombie movies, the best thing in this movie is, in fact, the undead themselves. This one also shows you how much you can do with walking corpses without resorting to all the same rules and cliches! These Dead wield swords, and chop people to bits (the movie ends with them boarding a train and hacking apart everyone on it). They can't see, but when one of the heroines realizes that she can be quiet to elude them - NOPE THEY CAN HEAR YOUR HEARTBEAT. You can't really run from them, either. They walk slowly, sure, but when you make it into the field the camera will cut and they'll all be mounted on horses to ride you down. Oh yeah, and if you get killed by their bites you'll come back as a zombie, too.

An average movie overall, but with some very interesting monsters.

Halloween Spirit: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 2/10 little devils
Scares: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 4/10 devilish ghosts
Classic Horror Value: Medium. They're unstoppable!
Camp factor: Medium. At one point a gangster-type smuggler pulls a knife to challenge the 'Dead.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
CHAOS - War is Hallows Eve (NA Faction)
« Reply #8216 on: October 31, 2012, 11:38:46 pm »
You there, stop! A skirmish erupts in the forest outside Dhirim.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #8217 on: October 31, 2012, 11:56:00 pm »
+5

BEST ZOMBIE MOVIES

Night of the Living dead - 1968
Director: George A. Romero

The seminal classic. This is from whence the modern idea of a flesheating zombie came forth. It is in public domain due to a failure in copyrighting it, so there are a million billion copies floating around every which-where. Use it in your next movie! Anyway, it's one of the classic B-movie style B-movies, but it's probably also one of the best. It's not nearly as campy as you'd think, it really does hold up pretty well. There's even some sort of social message people will pin on this movie (and all of Romero's classics, really, but in this one's case he'll deny it up and down as being incidental) which stems largely from it having a black actor playing the lead. The classic zombie movie, and one of the most influential horror films in general.

Night of the living dead - 1990
Director: Tom Savini

Annnnnnnnd it got remade years later! This is the only remake you should bother watching (I think there's a couple more that came out recently...), as it's the only one that lives up to the original in any capacity, and even manages to build on what the original was. The zombies are creepy in this damn movie. There are some really suspenseful sequences in the farmhouse before all hell breaks loose, which is a subtlety even the best of zombie movies can sorely lack. Bonus points for being directed by one of the greatest makeup effect artists to ever be an awesome Sex Machine.

Dawn of the Dead  - 1978

Romero could've rested on his laurels (though not monetarily, damn copyrights!), but he decided not to let zombies go the way of the dinosaur (or more accurately, the atom-age monster features of the 50's). This time he intentionally inserted a bunch of social commentary into what would otherwise still probably be an astonishingly solid film. Kenan's dad delivers one of the best lines ever in any zombie movie ever. You know, the "no more room in hell" thing. Yeah. This got remade somewhat recently, too, and while the remake isn't terrible, it definitely deserves to be taken with a grain of salt.

ZOMBIE/Zombi 2/Zombie Flesh Eaters - 1979
Director: Lucio Fulci
Here we've for the premiere Italian zombie film, Zombi 2 (a title which was changed to cash in on Dawn of the Dead's, which was released in Italy as Zombi, success). This has a crossover between what we now understand as the (modern) zombie and the voodoo zombies of yore. A scientist is researching voodoo rituals involving bringing the dead back, and, well, then there are zombies. The most memorable sequence is an incredibly well-shot fight between a zombie and a shark, which will probably be the thing most people say about this movie. Well, it rules.

Day of the Dead - 1985

Once more, with feeling! Here we get Romero petering out, in a way. This movie has some great visual sequences, and some awesome gorey makeup effects. The acting, however, is a bit over the top. Awesomely, hilariously over the top. Everybody's mad, everybody's yelling. Some of the greatest overacting ever filmed, really. *for more delicious (though not zombie related) overacting, see: Halloween 3, as per the video at the top

Return of the Living Dead - 1985
Director: Dan O'Bannon

Dan O'Bannon was probably one of the most underrated presences in horror film - without him Alien would not have had the same art direction or even the same director. He worked heavily with John Carpenter before they had a falling out. Here he riffs on George Romero's films, and in a great goddamn way. This was the first good zombie comedy, which is incredibly ironic, because some of the zombie visuals (tar man tar man tar man) are absolutely fantastic and the zombies in general are some of the most frightening, if you think about it. (burning them only creates zombified ash in the air, which causes a raincloud which makes more dead rise. There's no "headshot") There's some kooky punk-rocker kids in a cemetery, a great soundtrack to match, a warehouse with drum canisters containing army secrets (hint: it's zombies), and some great zombie gags, too. The sequel is interesting because it has essentially the same storyline, but with only slightly different characters. (some of the same actors return playing "new" roles, too) It's not got the same level of camp and the punk rock vibe or soundtrack, though, so it's a wee notch below.

"Send more paramedics!"

Cemetery Man/Dellamorte Dellamore - 1994
Director: Michele Soavi

This is a peculiar one. The titular character is a cemetery groundskeeper in a graveyard full of corpses that will not rest. So, he and his assistant have to keep them all down. The zombies are really just a side-feature to the storyline, however, which involves some mind-bending murders which may or may not have been committed by our man. Evidently based, at least in part, on the Italian horror comic series Dylan Dog (which also got a real movie just a couple years ago!), this one is, if nothing else, at least pretty memorable. If I learned nothing else from it, it's that chicks dig an ossuary.

Dead Alive/Braindead - 1992
Director: Peter Jackson

Yes, that Peter Jackson. Before he made those blockbuster Lord of the whatever movies, he was directing incredibly schlocky/awesome C-grade horror hilariousness. Dead Alive is his masterpiece goddamnit. It's the one where the guy takes a lawnmower and mows through an entire housefull of undead. Yeah, it's amazing. It supposedly held the record for most fake blood used in a film, measured by volume used (300 liters or so in the final scene alone). It's a messy, fun time.

Night of the Comet - 1984
Director: Thom E. Eberhardt

It is the 80's. A girl works at a movie theater. Then a comet turns everybody into zombies and it gets crazy. A fun, incredibly dated (in the best way) movie which kind of drags near the end, but eh, what are you gonna do.

Honorable Mentions:
City of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead (remake) [for the love of god avoid the Day of the Dead remake]
The Video Dead (available on netflix - this is probably the campiest movie I watched this year)
28 Days Later (awesome movie, but they're not really zombies)
Shaun of the Dead (best British zombie movie, and it's a comedy)
Zombieland (recent and humorous, but also well-made)
Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness (they're kind of like zombies, I reckon)
Night of the Creeps
[REC]
Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island (surprisingly few zombie cartoons even exist)
Resident Evil (the first two are... worth watching, but there is progressively less zombie action as they go on. Damn BOWs)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I leave you with this poem:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 08:06:57 pm by Canary »

Offline Sir Ryden

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • Fat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fat?
  • Game nicks: Fat
  • IRC nick: Ryden
« Reply #8218 on: November 02, 2012, 01:32:07 am »
+4
  I am me and I would very much like to reapply for this glorious clan and participate in glorious things.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #8219 on: November 02, 2012, 02:39:34 pm »
+2
It's good to be back and playing with you guys again.

:)
This community hurts my brains, a lot.