21 (15.7%)
Strat sucks
31 (23.1%)
Strat sucks but I will enjoy the battles
35 (26.1%)
I like Strat and Chaos are still somehow the nerds here
47 (35.1%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Author Topic: CHOPAS - Wat the Heck? (NA Faction)  (Read 630202 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: CHAOS - War is Hell (NA Faction)
« Reply #2925 on: September 13, 2011, 11:41:55 pm »
+1
I don't think i'll be going back to coffee. Theres something to this tea thing. Im definitely more partial to black teas with spices it seems.

All the countries with the most long-living people drink tea regularly, not a bad way to go.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2926 on: September 13, 2011, 11:57:19 pm »
Unfortunately I am mildly allergic to Tea (real tea, not the fake stuff like Chamomile which is still wonderfully delicious), so it and cherries gives me small headaches... :/

BREAKING NEWS:
ANWYL IS ONE OF THE COOLIST CHICKS EVER
This is not taking into account muscle memory. I'm 5'5" and 106 pounds and I can practice/spar with my 3.5 pound longsword for well over 2 hours without getting tired. It is not so much that it is a "significant weight" as it is your body doing something it is not used to. Some muscles used during sparring are not used at all in everyday activities, but after building them up just a little bit, make an incredible difference in how you are able to wield a weapon.
TL:DR She has a longsword.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:58:58 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #2927 on: September 14, 2011, 12:11:50 am »
Unfortunately I am mildly allergic to Tea (real tea, not the fake stuff like Chamomile which is still wonderfully delicious), so it and cherries gives me small headaches... :/

BREAKING NEWS:
ANWYL IS ONE OF THE COOLIST CHICKS EVERTL:DR She has a longsword.

You're a bit behind the times. I have many weapons, as well as gambeson and steel gauntlets. I used to spar with the NAU fencing club, but the guy that runs it, Bill Wilson, is a pretentious and arrogant twat. So I did some work with a friend Richard Marsden and John Patterson in Phoenix. Been doing it for about a year and a half.

Offline FrankTheTank

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: September 14, 2011, 12:18:42 am »
I'm intrested in joining with my main Kaidenn is there a site I need to go to for an app or?

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #2929 on: September 14, 2011, 12:25:19 am »
I'm intrested in joining with my main Kaidenn is there a site I need to go to for an app or?

This is the place, Frank. Your application will be started as soon a s you join  our teamspeak and start playing with us. Go to the first post on this thread for directions. Also be sure to message one of the server admins and have them move you into CHAOS's TS. One of us will help you get your application started. Hope to see you soon!
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #2930 on: September 14, 2011, 12:31:05 am »
+1

BREAKING NEWS:
ANWYL IS ONE OF THE COOLIST CHICKS EVERTL:DR She has a longsword.
I have a nordic sword (viking sword, unsure about the english name for it. Very similar to an arming sword) a bow, arrows with a badass leather quiver (not fantasy badass but historically right badass) and a dagger. You want that you archer scum. I know it :P

(click to show/hide)

Also, tea is awesome. I love it. And you're getting closer and closer to 200 guys. KEEP IT GOING :D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline FrankTheTank

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: September 14, 2011, 12:38:00 am »
This is the place, Frank. Your application will be started as soon a s you join  our teamspeak and start playing with us. Go to the first post on this thread for directions. Also be sure to message one of the server admins and have them move you into CHAOS's TS. One of us will help you get your application started. Hope to see you soon!

Ok so I need to message a server admin for the TS info?

Offline Gafgarion

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • Ninja - Best Job Ever
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Pirate, Ninja_Ghost
« Reply #2932 on: September 14, 2011, 12:38:52 am »
This post doesn't belong here, except to help you reach 200 pages. Keep on truckin'

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: September 14, 2011, 12:39:17 am »
I have a nordic sword (viking sword, unsure about the english name for it. Very similar to an arming sword) a bow, arrows with a badass leather quiver (not fantasy badass but historically right badass) and a dagger. You want that you archer scum. I know it :P

(click to show/hide)

Also, tea is awesome. I love it. And you're getting closer and closer to 200 guys. KEEP IT GOING :D

Longswords (plastic and steel), Dussacks (leather and steel), Rapiers (43 inch and 37 inch), Saber, Glaive, Bearded axe, Rondel, Main Gauche, and just for fun a Seax.

To go along with which I have 4-1 pattern high tensile chainmail, gambeson, and steel mitten gauntlets. All of which I have for practical reasons of course, sparring, experimental anthropology, and general interest. Very few historians have an interest in the actual tools of warfare, as evidenced by their incredible lack of knowledge of some aspects of historical warfare (fallen knights couldn't get up, swords were heavy and non-dexterous). I'd rather form my own opinion firsthand.

Offline FrankTheTank

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: September 14, 2011, 01:12:02 am »
Nvm I got it.

Offline Daniel

• Knight
  • Renown: 35
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daniel
« Reply #2935 on: September 14, 2011, 02:20:45 am »
+1
I admit, I did skim, but you guys actually play with real swords and shit....like in real life?

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #2936 on: September 14, 2011, 02:25:57 am »
I admit, I did skim, but you guys actually play with real swords and shit....like in real life?

Have you ever heard of a sport called fencing?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #2937 on: September 14, 2011, 02:29:06 am »
Longswords (plastic and steel), Dussacks (leather and steel), Rapiers (43 inch and 37 inch), Saber, Glaive, Bearded axe, Rondel, Main Gauche, and just for fun a Seax.

To go along with which I have 4-1 pattern high tensile chainmail, gambeson, and steel mitten gauntlets. All of which I have for practical reasons of course, sparring, experimental anthropology, and general interest. Very few historians have an interest in the actual tools of warfare, as evidenced by their incredible lack of knowledge of some aspects of historical warfare (fallen knights couldn't get up, swords were heavy and non-dexterous). I'd rather form my own opinion firsthand.
Ooooooh, shiny list. But I think I got one card to beat it.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 02:31:10 am by Zapper »
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: September 14, 2011, 02:30:18 am »

Play is kind of a derogatory term for it.

I study and translate historical fencing plates (primarily Fiore dei liberi in my case) and then preform the "plays" based off the plates, it gives a good feel for what is actually possible and what is not as effective. Frankly most of the combat in M&B could be solved with a quick "pommel that asshole in the face" response.

Of course most of Fiore's stuff ends with a pommel to the face. I posted this in another thread, but since you ask it is along these lines. Granted the polish guys in this video are practicing a more Prussian style of longsword fencing, meaning less use of the hilt as a weapon, and more what we call "winding," but here you can just watch it and see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7aXtzf7-Lk&feature=youtu.be

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: September 14, 2011, 03:32:58 am »
Went by some sororities tonight, saw this and made me think of Chaos.

(click to show/hide)

For better or worse (probably worse)