21 (15.7%)
Strat sucks
31 (23.1%)
Strat sucks but I will enjoy the battles
35 (26.1%)
I like Strat and Chaos are still somehow the nerds here
47 (35.1%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Author Topic: CHOPAS - Wat the Heck? (NA Faction)  (Read 630359 times)

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
Re: CHAOS - War is Hell (NA Faction)
« Reply #2835 on: September 12, 2011, 11:28:21 pm »
+1
Actually I think thats supposed to be a an Indian shikh, but you are quite correct on the quadruple racism, however I would point out that its 5 of the gayest looking ministers surrounding what looks to be the most straight-laced black man ever (are those trosuers up higher than his navel??), so I would argue that this picture might not even be racist, but just a picture of some friendly gay men all touching this homophobe in the middle, who should be ashamed for such bigotry as shying away from being touched by some friendly gay men.

Hmm no, definitely not Sikh. He doesn't have a dastar.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #2836 on: September 12, 2011, 11:31:53 pm »
Actually I think thats supposed to be a an Indian shikh, but you are quite correct on the quadruple racism, however I would point out that its 5 of the gayest looking ministers surrounding what looks to be the most straight-laced black man ever (are those trosuers up higher than his navel??), so I would argue that this picture might not even be racist, but just a picture of some friendly gay men all touching this homophobe in the middle, who should be ashamed for such bigotry as shying away from being touched by some friendly gay men.
Shikhs has to wear turbans so I doubt it's a shihk. Maybe he's converted?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #2837 on: September 12, 2011, 11:41:16 pm »
Hmm no, definitely not Sikh. He doesn't have a dastar.

Well whatever he is its obvious that he is the one the black guy is most shying away from.  Cleary he must be a terrorist in disguise and this is a guidebook on what to watch out for, because of course all middle-easterners and anyone who looks like they could be middle-eastern is a terrorist.  Thank god we got that figured out and for a second there I actually thought that picture was racist, foolish me.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: September 12, 2011, 11:48:25 pm »
Well whatever he is its obvious that he is the one the black guy is most shying away from.  Cleary he must be a terrorist in disguise and this is a guidebook on what to watch out for, because of course all middle-easterners and anyone who looks like they could be middle-eastern is a terrorist.  Thank god we got that figured out and for a second there I actually thought that picture was racist, foolish me.

Oh! Middle easterner, maybe he's an Imam.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #2839 on: September 13, 2011, 12:02:36 am »
Ugh god, I had some Kappa Sigma guy hitting on me while I was trying to get to class.

Why do they have to lurk outside the union all day?

God forbid those tools actually go to class, fucking tools.
(click to show/hide)

And to this: I can only explain it by saying I try to look presentable in public, to the degree that my parents would not be embaressed of how I looked around their associates/friends.

And Daniel, I know all about that since my dad's the same way. Trust me, I wouldn't be able to get away with dressing poorly. You can have west coast swag while still looking clean. That said, I do enjoy dressing the way you Dixie niggas do if the occasion calls for it. sadly, there ain't that many over here unless you go to a nice bar or club down town.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 12:31:52 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: September 13, 2011, 12:15:41 am »
+1
Notify butan.

They look like they're going to bishslap the black man.

So my question here is

Why does the Greek community feel the need to justify itself in order to persuade people to go "Greek" (and we use the term "Greek" in the broadest possible sense) ?

Shouldn't the example of its members be enough to encourage others to join ?

For example, I am the President of the Muay Thai club at my college. We have not advertised the club in over a year in its 3 year life. We maintain a member intake of an average 40 people per semester (our mat room can hold 30 people comfortably) and have a retention rate of over 25 members every semester. We don't talk about the club, we don't advertise the club, if not for the fact people see us practicing in the corner building of campus, in the bowels of a residence hall and our members bringing it up in idle conversation with their friends, there is absolutely no advertising going on with the club.

TKD and Jujitsu spend a lot of money advertising the shit out of their clubs and maintain a retention rate of less than 10 people per semester, and they still come to Muay Thai asking us wtf we're doing to get such interest.

We regularly kick out douche wannabe fucks from the club who just want to get into fist fights. We're actually turning people away from the club because of the poor quality of human they represent. But still gain members every semester.

We don't justify ourselves, and don't pull any statistics to prove that we're greater than any other club. We just show up and represent a style martial art that we like to practice.
~

Also, most of the people I know who drop out of college are associated in some way with the Greek Life.

Or they go to Fashion design. Seriously, how do you fail out of fashion design.

Muay Thai has pretty much blown up because of the success of MMA in America, Dex. I'd be willing to bet that the good majority of kids joining your class in the beginning don't even know the difference between the style that is Muay Thai and regular Kick Boxing. The promotion of MMA that has been brought about by the UFC has essentially put BJJ and Muay Thai on the map. Muay Thai is huge right now for the same reason Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes are huge and they have basically taken the place in society that Boxing and Karate/TKD have had in place for so long, they are easily the two most mainstream martial arts in the country now thanks to the UFC. I think it's a bit apples to oranges when comparing it to promoting the Greek life. . The Stigmas of being elitist, party hungry and shallow  that usually is assumed to come with "fraternity". Such Stigmas don't really come with Muay Thai or BJJ or ANY Martial Art. However, while you may not promote or tout the superiority of your martial art, i've run into plenty of guys in their tapout/affliction shirts who have told me that their Muay Thai would crush my boxing/kickboxing style and won't shut up about how great Muay Thai and BJJ are over every other martial art. Every life style or mainstream social interest is going to have it's bad eggs.

Also, to be fair a vast majority of people drop out of college in the first few years in general. It's also fair to note that Greek life can be entirely different for the same fraternity depending on the state. For example, I seriously doubt Sitting Bull would identify  with the elitist, self-promoting douchebags that make up NAU's Kappa Sigma house.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 12:18:16 am by Darkkarma »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: September 13, 2011, 12:24:47 am »
God forbid those tools actually go to class, fucking tools.

Yeah, those tools need to go back in the tool shed where they belong.  But seriously is it that offensive for a guy to hit on you Anwyl, maybe they think freckles are cute??

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: September 13, 2011, 12:29:10 am »
Yeah, those tools need to go back in the tool shed where they belong.

I thought about editing that, I really did.  :oops:

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: September 13, 2011, 12:31:35 am »
Yeah, those tools need to go back in the tool shed where they belong.  But seriously is it that offensive for a guy to hit on you Anwyl, maybe they think freckles are cute??

No hey, I'm all for a guy being interested. But when I say, "sorry I have to get to class" I don't really mean, "tell me how drunk you got this weekend."

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: September 13, 2011, 12:37:04 am »
"This chick looks hard to approach, better try to flex as much as possible in my sleeveless kappa swag shirt while telling her of my weekend exploits!"

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: September 13, 2011, 12:39:33 am »
+1
"This chick looks hard to approach, better try to flex as much as possible in my sleeveless kappa swag shirt while telling her of my weekend exploits!"

Sounds sexy, who wouldn't fall for charm like that. 

Man, let me tell you about how I drank goat's milk this last weekend, it was way too much for me to handle, I went and took a nap right afterwards.  See, I think that makes me sound pretty hot.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #2846 on: September 13, 2011, 12:43:00 am »
Muay Thai has pretty much blown up because of the success of MMA in America, Dex. I'd be willing to bet that the good majority of kids joining your class in the beginning don't even know the difference between the style that is Muay Thai and regular Kick Boxing. The promotion of MMA that has been brought about by the UFC has essentially put BJJ and Muay Thai on the map. Muay Thai is huge right now for the same reason Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes are huge and they have basically taken the place in society that Boxing and Karate/TKD have had in place for so long, they are easily the two most mainstream martial arts in the country now thanks to the UFC. I think it's a bit apples to oranges when comparing it to promoting the Greek life. . The Stigmas of being elitist, party hungry and shallow  that usually is assumed to come with "fraternity". Such Stigmas don't really come with Muay Thai or BJJ or ANY Martial Art. However, while you may not promote or tout the superiority of your martial art, i've run into plenty of guys in their tapout/affliction shirts who have told me that their Muay Thai would crush my boxing/kickboxing style and won't shut up about how great Muay Thai and BJJ are over every other martial art. Every life style or mainstream social interest is going to have it's bad eggs.

Also, to be fair a vast majority of people drop out of college in the first few years in general. It's also fair to note that Greek life can be entirely different for the same fraternity depending on the state. For example, I seriously doubt Sitting Bull would identify  with the elitist, self-promoting douchebags that make up NAU's Kappa Sigma house.

Well, I'm glad the Greek society has people like you, Karma. You're one of the most open minded people I know, RL friends included. A shame not more people are like you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: September 13, 2011, 12:44:32 am »
Sounds sexy, who wouldn't fall for charm like that. 

Man, let me tell you about how I drank goat's milk this last weekend, it was way too much for me to handle, I went and took a nap right afterwards.  See, I think that makes me sound pretty hot.

Kesh, you are the most romantic!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: September 13, 2011, 12:48:17 am »
Well, I'm glad the Greek society has people like you, Karma. You're one of the most open minded people I know, RL friends included. A shame not more people are like you.

Thanks man, but I was just fortunate enough to meet some really good people that were a part of some quality frats. I've met plenty of shit heads though also. Still, that means alot coming from you man, I honestly try.

Go ahead and Ask me what I think about Kentucky's basketball team. Go ahead, ask me!   :mad:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 12:58:06 am by Darkkarma »

Offline SittingBull

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Chief_SittingBull_Astralis
« Reply #2849 on: September 13, 2011, 12:54:45 am »
ugh, maybe.

It was like. "Hey, cool, yea, I don't give a shit how many games of beer pong you played last night, I have a class."

Hahaha, that's pathetic. Like Daniel said though, the fraternities found south of Dixie really are completely different than those you may find in any other part of the United States. Honestly, it's a completely different life-style.

Spend all there time on facebook/texting on there phones on classes, changing girlfriends everyweek or so, but when they reach 18, they wonder why nobody likes them, and why are my trousers down to there knees (exagarrating since they only do prison style, pants halfway across there asscrack.) Then they wonder why MacDonalds dosen't accept them.

Oh yeh and they try to get laid at 14/15 but they get it wrong or something, but they still brag about it, Oh they are funny.

Popularmy old friends for the ladies... Its probably worse than fucking sororities, they complain bout there insucurities over facebook ALL the fucking time, they post everything public so you dunno wtf they are speaking about, it gets better at 18 and you don't have this shit all the time, but yeh, its still fucking pathetic.

None of what you just described is Greek. That's what we like to call a 'GDI'.

Quote from: Dexx
Also, most of the people I know who drop out of college are associated in some way with the Greek Life.

Then your school is a fucking joke. Or at least y'alls Greek System is. I've never met a Greek who dropped out, or wanted to.

For example, I seriously doubt Sitting Bull would identify  with the elitist, self-promoting douchebags that make up NAU's Kappa Sigma house.

:shock:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 12:57:51 am by SittingBull »