21 (15.7%)
Strat sucks
31 (23.1%)
Strat sucks but I will enjoy the battles
35 (26.1%)
I like Strat and Chaos are still somehow the nerds here
47 (35.1%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Author Topic: CHOPAS - Wat the Heck? (NA Faction)  (Read 630263 times)

Offline justjr

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • I AM THE DRAGON KNIGHT
    • View Profile
    • Just Imports
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: (former Justus_Caesar) Windrunner_of_Chaos, Dragon_Knight_, Justino, cRazY_jusTT_of_Choad
  • IRC nick: Just
Re: CHAOS - War is Hell (NA Faction)
« Reply #2820 on: September 12, 2011, 09:50:14 pm »
+1
Nah, we did all our trolling/spamming in Teamspeak. Ask Ober.
TS is the best man, keep trolling there too
I hate to play alone, I'm a "teamspeak social type of guy" xD

And since on my Brazilian clan nobody plays m&b or crpg... here and there I am socializing!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:01:07 pm by justjr »

Offline Daniel

• Knight
  • Renown: 35
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daniel
« Reply #2821 on: September 12, 2011, 10:03:28 pm »

The following are some statistics about greek life:

- According to nationwide study of fraternity and sorority members, by belonging to a fraternity your chances of graduating are greater by up to 10 percent.

- Greek members on average donate more than four times as much to their respective universities as alumni than do non greeks.

- As Alumni, Greeks give approximately 75% of all money donated to universities.

- As undergraduates, Greeks raise approximately $7 million per year for charities.

- As undergraduates, Greeks give approximately 850,000 volunteer hours per year.

- Studies prove that Fraternity and Sorority Alumni are much more likely than non-Greeks to participate in community service activities after graduation.

- Forty-three of the 100 members of the U.S. Senate are members of a fraternity or sorority.

- Thirty-Six percent of the House of Representatives are members of a sorority or fraternity.

- Of North America’s 50 largest corporations, 43 are headed by Greek men and women, 30% of all Fortune 500's.

- 7 out of 10 people listed in Who’s Who are Greek.

- 40 of 47 U.S. Supreme Court Justices have been and are Greek.

- 63% of all U.S. Cabinet members since 1900 have been and are Greek.

- All of the Apollo 11 astronauts were Greek.

- There are 400,000 active members in Greek organizations nation-wide.

- Less than 3% of the United States is Greek.

- A study by the University of Missouri found that Greeks throughout the U.S. and Canada are more involved on their campuses and rate their overall university experience better than non-Greeks.

- The same U of Missouri study found Greeks are more financially successful after they graduate than non-Greeks, are more involved in their communities, and give more generously to their alma maters.

Truly sorry you feel that way, Dex. I assume you go to a divison three liberal arts school in the Northeast? At UK, our entire SGA is greek.

((Source: http://www.whygogreek.com/stats.html))

Offline Daniel

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: September 12, 2011, 10:06:29 pm »
I'm curious how you guys dress over there? The only two people i've  known from there are my dad(Texas) and this other dude that went to ASU that was from Virginia or some shit. Both of their ideas of a night out were a dress shirt, some form of casual slacks and some boat shoes.

This is all I have to go on.. Please tell me i'm way off. Otherwise you guys are wearing your job interview clothes to parties in our eyes.

Also, Dex it sounds like someone got hazed a little too hard.

Sure, there are sororities and Frats out there that perpetuate the disgusting "party now fuck bitches high five me bro" life style in college, but there are also plenty of fraternities out there that are legitimate, respectful entities. Frats of the right kind can provide great academic stepping stones, be absolutely fantastic for networking and meeting both students and administrative figures within your university. Hell some Frats even show up great on a person's work resume.

It really depends on the frat you join. In general though, most fall into the category Dex just described.

And to this: I can only explain it by saying I try to look presentable in public, to the degree that my parents would not be embaressed of how I looked around their associates/friends.

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #2823 on: September 12, 2011, 10:08:17 pm »
KAPPA SIGMA SWAG BABY

Ugh god, I had some Kappa Sigma guy hitting on me while I was trying to get to class.

Why do they have to lurk outside the union all day?

Offline Daniel

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: September 12, 2011, 10:12:28 pm »
Ugh god, I had some Kappa Sigma guy hitting on me while I was trying to get to class.

Why do they have to lurk outside the union all day?

COUGHSittingBullCOUGH

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: September 12, 2011, 10:14:57 pm »
+1
COUGHSittingBullCOUGH

ugh, maybe.

It was like. "Hey, cool, yea, I don't give a shit how many games of beer pong you played last night, I have a class."

Offline Daniel

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: September 12, 2011, 10:17:12 pm »
ugh, maybe.

It was like. "Hey, cool, yea, I don't give a shit how many games of beer pong you played last night, I have a class."

This proves my point exactly, you won't find much of that here. Believe it or not- regionally there are MASSIVE differences in Greek systems.

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #2827 on: September 12, 2011, 10:19:31 pm »
Frats and Sororities are an American take on how the Greek (European country) system functions.

America thinks that, like them, Greece is full of Spartans and Warriors and wenches to fuck at will.

Frats think they are those warriors (weekend ones) and the Sororities are the wenches they may screw at their leisure. They drink and party and drink and party and tend to stay in their high school cliquey lifestyle throughout most of college, then wonder why they can't get jobs when they post drunk pictures all over their Facebook.

Sororities is a little tougher. Have you heard of Jersey Shore? It's like that, just without men.

Sororities like to date frat guys because they're looking for the right guy. And the answer clearly lies with these drunken morons that cavort around the room showing off their soft beach muscles. They will undress themselves willingly and proceed to have vigorous sex with these frat guys, then act all shocked and awed when they find the same guy bonking some other sorority girl two minutes later.

The whole Greek system is a gigantic troll by any given university system to give insecure men and women a place to play high school until they're ejected into the real world, where people don't form cliques and factions within factions within factions, Inception style.

I think  the Greek community believe they are being a benefit to society because they pick trash up on the weekends or something.

edit; Think of your school's fight clubs (as in martial arts, unlike the movie Fight Club). Remember the what the real TKD fighters + all the other fight clubs thought of your schools TKD club? Yeah. Frats are like your school's TKD.
(context : BJJ, Muay Thai and Pankrase clubs scoff at the other "martial arts" clubs on campus. They take 4 hours of room reserations at a time, have 6 members, and roll around the room like chimpanzees for an hour, then talk for 3)

Ahh so they are like Popularmy old friends here?
Spend all there time on facebook/texting on there phones on classes, changing girlfriends everyweek or so, but when they reach 18, they wonder why nobody likes them, and why are my trousers down to there knees (exagarrating since they only do prison style, pants halfway across there asscrack.) Then they wonder why MacDonalds dosen't accept them.

Oh yeh and they try to get laid at 14/15 but they get it wrong or something, but they still brag about it, Oh they are funny.

Popularmy old friends for the ladies... Its probably worse than fucking sororities, they complain bout there insucurities over facebook ALL the fucking time, they post everything public so you dunno wtf they are speaking about, it gets better at 18 and you don't have this shit all the time, but yeh, its still fucking pathetic.
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2828 on: September 12, 2011, 10:25:30 pm »
I was part of the honors society, all others are just a bunch of drunk losers  :P
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: September 12, 2011, 10:35:22 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This guy looks like he is about to take a beat down from the bible chocolate chip cookies.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2830 on: September 12, 2011, 10:36:39 pm »
+1
That Picture is racist.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #2831 on: September 12, 2011, 10:48:11 pm »
Notify butan.

They look like they're going to bishslap the black man.

(click to show/hide)

So my question here is

Why does the Greek community feel the need to justify itself in order to persuade people to go "Greek" (and we use the term "Greek" in the broadest possible sense) ?

Shouldn't the example of its members be enough to encourage others to join ?

For example, I am the President of the Muay Thai club at my college. We have not advertised the club in over a year in its 3 year life. We maintain a member intake of an average 40 people per semester (our mat room can hold 30 people comfortably) and have a retention rate of over 25 members every semester. We don't talk about the club, we don't advertise the club, if not for the fact people see us practicing in the corner building of campus, in the bowels of a residence hall and our members bringing it up in idle conversation with their friends, there is absolutely no advertising going on with the club.

TKD and Jujitsu spend a lot of money advertising the shit out of their clubs and maintain a retention rate of less than 10 people per semester, and they still come to Muay Thai asking us wtf we're doing to get such interest.

We regularly kick out douche wannabe fucks from the club who just want to get into fist fights. We're actually turning people away from the club because of the poor quality of human they represent. But still gain members every semester.

We don't justify ourselves, and don't pull any statistics to prove that we're greater than any other club. We just show up and represent a style martial art that we like to practice.
~

Also, most of the people I know who drop out of college are associated in some way with the Greek Life.

Or they go to Fashion design. Seriously, how do you fail out of fashion design. 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:58:08 pm by Dexxtaa »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #2832 on: September 12, 2011, 10:58:07 pm »
That Picture is racist.

No, because the jewish guy is beating on the black guy.  A double racism cancels each other out, so its okay, kind of like saying "you will not not buy this candy."  Then again, that loosk like it might be a Tibetan lama in the background helping to beat on a black man, whcih would mean its a triple racism, which nullifies the counter-racism and makes it really racist again.

We could really use Rev. Al Sharpe's help on this one.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: September 12, 2011, 11:10:47 pm »
No, because the jewish guy is beating on the black guy.  A double racism cancels each other out, so its okay, kind of like saying "you will not not buy this candy."  Then again, that loosk like it might be a Tibetan lama in the background helping to beat on a black man, whcih would mean its a triple racism, which nullifies the counter-racism and makes it really racist again.

We could really use Rev. Al Sharpe's help on this one.

However there is also what looks like a Hindi Guru in the front left. Quadruple racism perhaps?

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #2834 on: September 12, 2011, 11:23:18 pm »
However there is also what looks like a Hindi Guru in the front left. Quadruple racism perhaps?

Actually I think thats supposed to be a an Indian shikh, but you are quite correct on the quadruple racism, however I would point out that its 5 of the gayest looking ministers surrounding what looks to be the most straight-laced black man ever (are those trosuers up higher than his navel??), so I would argue that this picture might not even be racist, but just a picture of some friendly gay men all touching this homophobe in the middle, who should be ashamed for such bigotry as shying away from being touched by some friendly gay men.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 11:26:14 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo