21 (15.7%)
Strat sucks
31 (23.1%)
Strat sucks but I will enjoy the battles
35 (26.1%)
I like Strat and Chaos are still somehow the nerds here
47 (35.1%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Author Topic: CHOPAS - Wat the Heck? (NA Faction)  (Read 630262 times)

Offline SittingBull

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Chief_SittingBull_Astralis
Re: CHAOS - War is Hell (NA Faction)
« Reply #2805 on: September 12, 2011, 08:05:26 pm »
+1
90% of the people who read these forums don't understand what we're talking about right now

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #2806 on: September 12, 2011, 08:06:33 pm »
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #2807 on: September 12, 2011, 08:27:05 pm »
I'm not kidding here, I quite litallary don't understand... ANYTHING you people are saying, something bout ''frats'' and styles or some shit like that.

Frats and Sororities are an American take on how the Greek (European country) system functions.

America thinks that, like them, Greece is full of Spartans and Warriors and wenches to fuck at will.

Frats think they are those warriors (weekend ones) and the Sororities are the wenches they may screw at their leisure. They drink and party and drink and party and tend to stay in their high school cliquey lifestyle throughout most of college, then wonder why they can't get jobs when they post drunk pictures all over their Facebook.

Sororities is a little tougher. Have you heard of Jersey Shore? It's like that, just without men.

Sororities like to date frat guys because they're looking for the right guy. And the answer clearly lies with these drunken morons that cavort around the room showing off their soft beach muscles. They will undress themselves willingly and proceed to have vigorous sex with these frat guys, then act all shocked and awed when they find the same guy bonking some other sorority girl two minutes later.

The whole Greek system is a gigantic troll by any given university system to give insecure men and women a place to play high school until they're ejected into the real world, where people don't form cliques and factions within factions within factions, Inception style.

I think  the Greek community believe they are being a benefit to society because they pick trash up on the weekends or something.

edit; Think of your school's fight clubs (as in martial arts, unlike the movie Fight Club). Remember the what the real TKD fighters + all the other fight clubs thought of your schools TKD club? Yeah. Frats are like your school's TKD.
(context : BJJ, Muay Thai and Pankrase clubs scoff at the other "martial arts" clubs on campus. They take 4 hours of room reserations at a time, have 6 members, and roll around the room like chimpanzees for an hour, then talk for 3)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 08:35:36 pm by Dexxtaa »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: September 12, 2011, 08:35:09 pm »
ps No offense.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #2809 on: September 12, 2011, 08:36:10 pm »
GREAT SUMMARY DEXTAA!!!

Though I would point out in office politics, neighborhood groups, sports teams they associate with, political/religious groups they identify with etc. that everyone continues this same theme of creating cliques of people that don't challenge them, but make them feel like they belong so they can live every day like the last one.  Not just fraternity/sorority thing only (though that is a classic example), so much as a human need to fit in and belong and be part of the crowd.

No offense. lol, maybe a bit too strong, should have added some more sugar.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 08:50:23 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #2810 on: September 12, 2011, 08:38:22 pm »
+1
Haha, West Coast= frat.

Dixie= Fraternity.

I'm curious how you guys dress over there? The only two people i've  known from there are my dad(Texas) and this other dude that went to ASU that was from Virginia or some shit. Both of their ideas of a night out were a dress shirt, some form of casual slacks and some boat shoes.

This is all I have to go on.. Please tell me i'm way off. Otherwise you guys are wearing your job interview clothes to parties in our eyes.

Also, Dex it sounds like someone got hazed a little too hard.

Sure, there are sororities and Frats out there that perpetuate the disgusting "party now fuck bitches high five me bro" life style in college, but there are also plenty of fraternities out there that are legitimate, respectful entities. Frats of the right kind can provide great academic stepping stones, be absolutely fantastic for networking and meeting both students and administrative figures within your university. Hell some Frats even show up great on a person's work resume.

It really depends on the frat you join. In general though, most fall into the category Dex just described.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 08:46:36 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: September 12, 2011, 08:50:13 pm »

Sure, there are sororities and Frats out there that perpetuate the disgusting "party now fuck bitches high five me bro" life style in college, but there are also plenty of fraternities out there that are legitimate, respectful entities. Frats of the right kind can provide great academic stepping stones, be absolutely fantastic for networking and meeting both students and administrative figures within your university. Hell some Frats even show up great on a person's work resume.

It really depends on the frat you join. In general though, most fall into the category Dex just described.

I never got hazed. I had considered rushing in my freshman year, but after I looked into the whole "Greek Life" thing at my college, I decided that it was simply a very expensive 4 year guaranteed ticket into one party venue.

I see a lot of people in the system telling me about "networking" and "meeting administrative figures" but between being involved with 3 clubs and my current job, I've met a ton of administrative figures. I don't see why the Greek Life is a necessity networking. Every single person I ask about Greek Life rattles of "networking" as a catchphrase to the point I'm not sure they understand what it means (not saying you don't, I can see that you do since you actually described it. I usually get "important people and stuff" as a response).

While I realize my post is very cynical of the Greek system on university campus, I find very few examples of what the Greek Life is meant to be. It's the same reason why people play War games vs Peace games; not enough role models.

There are Fraternities (not Frats) and sororities that I'm sure are great additions to a resume, and thankfully I don't hear about those ones (because the morons are making newspaper headlines), but all the same: If the Greek Life is such a great thing to have on campus, why is there always a cop car dedicated to make circuits of the Greek blocks at my school? You can bet your ass it's not for "their safety."

edit; Okay fine, peace games would be really boring, too.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 08:52:49 pm by Dexxtaa »

Offline justjr

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • I AM THE DRAGON KNIGHT
    • View Profile
    • Just Imports
  • Game nicks: (former Justus_Caesar) Windrunner_of_Chaos, Dragon_Knight_, Justino, cRazY_jusTT_of_Choad
  • IRC nick: Just
« Reply #2812 on: September 12, 2011, 08:59:01 pm »
Did u guys ever not spammed this topic? xD

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: September 12, 2011, 09:00:41 pm »
Did u guys ever not spammed this topic? xD

Once upon a time, somewhere between page 1-10.

Offline Heres Ronnie

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Get Bitched
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Arcani
  • Game nicks: Ronius
« Reply #2814 on: September 12, 2011, 09:01:05 pm »
I'm curious how you guys dress over there? The only two people i've  known from there are my dad(Texas) and this other dude that went to ASU that was from Virginia or some shit. Both of their ideas of a night out were a dress shirt, some form of casual slacks and some boat shoes.

This is all I have to go on.. Please tell me i'm way off. Otherwise you guys are wearing your job interview clothes to parties in our eyes.

Snapback, tanktop, high white socks. and when its winter time throw a letterman over the tank.

Offline justjr

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • I AM THE DRAGON KNIGHT
    • View Profile
    • Just Imports
  • Game nicks: (former Justus_Caesar) Windrunner_of_Chaos, Dragon_Knight_, Justino, cRazY_jusTT_of_Choad
  • IRC nick: Just
« Reply #2815 on: September 12, 2011, 09:02:27 pm »
+1
Once upon a time, somewhere between page 1-10.
Must have been boring times.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: September 12, 2011, 09:04:00 pm »

Nah, we did all our trolling/spamming in Teamspeak. Ask Ober.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #2817 on: September 12, 2011, 09:04:29 pm »

You have no idea....
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #2818 on: September 12, 2011, 09:22:53 pm »
Snapback, tanktop, high white socks. and when its winter time throw a letterman over the tank.

KAPPA SIGMA SWAG BABY
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline SittingBull

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Chief_SittingBull_Astralis
« Reply #2819 on: September 12, 2011, 09:39:26 pm »