Author Topic: [OUTDATED] NOMINATION RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING  (Read 13376 times)

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
Re: IMPORTANT: Posting in this forum gets you muted
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2011, 04:51:23 am »
Ohh k, that's what I sort of thought. We should blanket ban chicago and the surrounding areas until we get more diverse servers so people don't complain about "his ping is better than mine!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tortoul

• Knight
  • Renown: 52
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: STRanger
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2011, 06:54:15 pm »
 awesome!  thank you, guys
Up onto the overturned keel. Clamber, with a heart of steel.
Cold is the ocean's spray. And your death is on its way.
With maidens you have had your way...
Each must die some day.

Offline SchokoSchaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: Eats grass
  • IRC nick: Schoko
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2011, 10:18:11 am »
I've got a question concerning the poll voting part of the system.

It's meant to be troll-save but if someone (particularly a whole clan) really wants to strip an admin from his job, he can vote with a lot of secondary nicks/alts (currently my memberlist shows 6300, I highly doubt, they are all different players, even with the inactive ones accounted for). And I guess it's more likely that people who want the admin to leave do that, than people who want to defend him.
It's a human notion to not care when times are good and get active if they feel mistreated.
määääääääääh!

Offline M_Pully

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pully, Eugh, Polly, Dabbling_Miner
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2011, 10:53:57 am »
I've got a question concerning the poll voting part of the system.

It's meant to be troll-save but if someone (particularly a whole clan) really wants to strip an admin from his job, he can vote with a lot of secondary nicks/alts (currently my memberlist shows 6300, I highly doubt, they are all different players, even with the inactive ones accounted for). And I guess it's more likely that people who want the admin to leave do that, than people who want to defend him.
It's a human notion to not care when times are good and get active if they feel mistreated.
Democracy can be seen as two wolves and a sheep deciding what to have for dinner.. ye more players who are agitated about the issues will vote and the normal guys not seeing problems may just abstain or not see it and go unnoticed, i'm sure ppl will just use just one vote though.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2011, 10:57:31 am »
Registering on this forum is disabled, you can only register via the link on your character page which is linked to your game key. 1 game key=1 forum account. I doubt there are a lot of people with multiple accounts.

Offline Donkleaps

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: NOMINATION RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2011, 04:56:17 am »
KGB will be putting a server up very soon (we have one up just waiting for cRPG approval) The server that we chose will be in Dallas Texas since most people have moved their servers to the Chicago area.

For those that do not know who we are. www.the-kgb.com can answer those questions for you as we are one of the oldest organizations in gaming.

I can say with 100% gratitude that cRPG has been one of the most fun games I have played in quite a while and my guildmates share this opinion. I talked 2 other guys into picking it up and trying it out with me and now we have roughly 15 with a lot more of my people promising to get Warband as soon as it goes on sale. So far the most off putting aspect of the game has been dealing with very shoddy admins on the NA side that just seem to do pretty much whatever they want when they want.

In some cases griefing and this new age trolling crap that people try to pull but let their clanmates and friends get away with is just way out of hand. We are looking to bring a veteran group of gamers and hopefully through our contacts in the industry broaden the playerbase in hopes that cRPG stays competitive and stays in place for a very long time.

Donk

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2011, 06:46:44 am »
Pray tell, what exactly does that announcement have to do with this thread?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2011, 11:50:17 pm »
Pray tell, what exactly does that announcement have to do with this thread?

It's because he is anticipating a lot more people posting in this forum about the admins of that server!

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2011, 08:29:32 pm »
To be honest, the 30day period of immunity is retarded. You can get any nomination down quite fast as it seems and then the admin is free to abuse for a whole freaking month. And yeah, i am speaking about the one particular guy.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2011, 09:50:51 pm »
To be honest, the 30day period of immunity is retarded. You can get any nomination down quite fast as it seems and then the admin is free to abuse for a whole freaking month. And yeah, i am speaking about the one particular guy.

Some might think its retarded to nominate an admin because the admin forgot to unban for 3 days too you know.

Offline Ginosaji

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kukurutz, Whale_of_pure_Harmony, Topfentascherl, TRAFFIC_LIGHT
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2011, 09:58:58 pm »

Especially since there's the 48 hours rule.. There will be always someone forgetting that which leads to the fact that all admins are immune all the time.

@Nuffen: You weren't nominated because you forgot to unban him.. That would be really ridiculous.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2011, 10:00:26 pm »
Some might think its retarded to nominate an admin because the admin forgot to unban for 3 days too you know.

exactly what kuku said, i am not mentioning this cause of the forgotten unban, i am mentioning this cause of the freaking reason for the ban

and the nomination was give as we were told we had to wait 2 days to make one, after most of us got warnings for posting in the unban thread, dunno why it took so long, but still, the point remains
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 10:01:27 pm by Cepeshi »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2011, 10:13:32 pm »
@Nuffen: You weren't nominated because you forgot to unban him.. That would be really ridiculous.

That was the literal reason in the original post of why he nominated Nuff' and once it was resolved he took back his nomination. And yes, it was ridiculous.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
Re: [OUTDATED] NOMINATION RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2011, 01:15:57 am »
Admin abooze forum is, until further notice and with immediate effect, disabled.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 01:18:00 am by chadz »