Poll

Good Admin?

Yes
No
BAN HE!!!
BEST ADMIN!!!

Voting closes: August 30, 2039, 11:44:25 pm

Author Topic: [NA] Shadowren  (Read 6157 times)

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • It isnt sufficient that I succeed-others must fail
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shadowren_ATS
[NA] Shadowren
« on: January 17, 2012, 12:48:38 pm »
+3
Here is my admin thread.

Please tell my how i am doing as admin.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 09:32:39 pm by Shadowren »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Away with you, vile beggar.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: [NA] Shadowren
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 01:54:05 pm »
Might wanna add that location tag all the other threads got (you can edit that if you edit your post).

Also nice poll results so far :mrgreen:

Offline Troyicide

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 06:48:59 pm »
Here is my admin thread.

Please tell my how i am doing as admin.

YOU ADMIN? OMG many voices that have gone unheard may have a voice now!

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 09:36:25 pm »
+1
TY Meow i must have forgotten it.

Haven't even gotten in server and started being an admin and people are voting??? weird but ok......
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 09:55:08 pm by Shadowren »

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 10:06:16 pm »
That's how serious this forum is! :mrgreen:

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 10:10:09 pm »
+1
What, isn't this where all the insult threads are..
Monkeys!

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 10:26:46 pm »
+2
Shadow is probably one of the most reasonable guys out there.. he has no problem putting us in our place and were clan mates.  I'm glad knowing we have some good NA admin's stepping up, Shadow being one of them.

Offline Omen

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 07:51:42 pm »
Hey I go by Omen_The_Wizard. You banned me for 6 hours for "leeching". My character was bugged and wouldn't spawn with anything. I was moving around the tree for the exact reason of not mistaking me for leeching/afk. The first thing a 100% competent admin would do is talk to the accused and see what is going on, not a ban on sight. I'm pretty sure most of the community understands this, as I see so many other people get bugged as I did. You did not send a warning or try and talk to me at all. It was just a ban out of nowhere.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 08:45:11 pm »
+1
From what I've seen, you hand out less warnings and kicks then even I did before my GTX.

Try using kicks, and warn or state the reason before you kick/ban. You are a smidge ban happy and could use the kick feature a bit more.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 09:07:55 pm »
Hey I go by Omen_The_Wizard. You banned me for 6 hours for "leeching". My character was bugged and wouldn't spawn with anything. I was moving around the tree for the exact reason of not mistaking me for leeching/afk. The first thing a 100% competent admin would do is talk to the accused and see what is going on, not a ban on sight. I'm pretty sure most of the community understands this, as I see so many other people get bugged as I did. You did not send a warning or try and talk to me at all. It was just a ban out of nowhere.

I didn't see you right away, siting behind the tree. It was later in the match when a player on your team was telling me that you where leeching and what else was i to expect when i go to spectator and see you standing there with no armor and no weapons not helping your team.If you were having any issues with your equipment you should of warned me about it so i didn't mistake you as a leecher.Also it would of been smart to exit the game and rejoin again to see if it fixed the problem.

As you can see i don't take to kindly to leeching.

I was moving around the tree for the exact reason of not mistaking me for leeching/afk.

I watch you for awhile and you didn't appear to be moving.

No leeching

OK: Being a bad player and getting no kills
    NOT OK: Standing around away from keyboard. If you're away, switch to spectator mode
    NOT OK: Running around naked without weapon. Not contributing is leeching, naked runners don't contribute.
    NOT OK: Autorunning your char to enemy to die
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 09:10:15 pm by Shadowren »

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 01:57:59 am »
After the events of the day I'm just going to say if he's on the server when I decide to play; I'm going to decide to do something else with my time. The server wouldn't let me access my equipment and if you're going to be penalized for it then you shouldn't have the option of joining anyway through shift-clicking.

Edit: If a mod is bored for whatever reason and wants to check up the log, I posted this a few minutes after it happened:
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,26765.0.html
I was told I was warned but I don't recall any pink text or general text either.

And before you say I'm "butt-hurt" or whatever, yeah, it was kind of annoying just trying to play some matches, not being able to spawn with equipment and then seeing a message saying I was permanently banned through no fault of my own and the other battle server having ~10 people in it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:08:33 am by SixThumbs »
And how!

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 12:32:40 pm »
After the events of the day I'm just going to say if he's on the server when I decide to play; I'm going to decide to do something else with my time. The server wouldn't let me access my equipment and if you're going to be penalized for it then you shouldn't have the option of joining anyway through shift-clicking.

Edit: If a mod is bored for whatever reason and wants to check up the log, I posted this a few minutes after it happened:
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,26765.0.html
I was told I was warned but I don't recall any pink text or general text either.

And before you say I'm "butt-hurt" or whatever, yeah, it was kind of annoying just trying to play some matches, not being able to spawn with equipment and then seeing a message saying I was permanently banned through no fault of my own and the other battle server having ~10 people in it.

As you already know you are not banned for long and if you are having trouble spawning with equipment then rejoin the sever for it fixes the problem.

Also to make this clear this happened on NA community not the Official since im an admin on both.

Last you didn't need to post in here since you already gotten all your info from http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,26765.0.html so it tells me you are quote(Butt hurt) unquote about the situation.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 12:48:49 pm by Shadowren »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 04:00:27 pm »
Just want to point out (since I cannot post in the ban thread) why this person is inappropriate for admin position:

read bold

I was kicked from the sever in the beginning of the Dhirim battle because when i joined it spawned me naked ( im guessing the glitch that sometimes happens). Then i come back and ask the admin Using (I)  if he was stuiped for kicking me because (insulting a fellow admin) i wasn't leeching and just got in game for only about less than a minute. Then i was banned for chat abuse...... Really??? what are you 12??? does that really hurt your feeling that much??? (insulting a fellow admin, rage) Im an admin myself on NA and i know better than most but i will say that what just happened to me was Admin abuse plain and simple.

From what others told me it was Merc_mustikki_the_witch

And i forgot to include that this all happened during a strategus battle (Dhirim).

------

I wasn't in sever long at all maybe less than a minute because i got into the sever when the battle already began (Check the logs) so maybe you should get your facts straight. Second off how can i know what i have even did with out a proper warning??? and anyway if you are even insulted by the word stupid im guessing your not over 20 (again insulting) or just very childish old man.Well don't expect a warm welcome from me on any NA sever (threatening).And i was never in a corner but was facing the wall in the tower at the flag (spawn point) once again get your facts straight.Always nice to see another admin lie to make themselves look good. (insulting, attitude)

Last i said PM not post learn to read......  (insulting, attitude)

Above posts shows no understanding of fellow admin actions and jumpy attitude/quick temper. Such people should not be admins, hands down. People were relieved of admin positions for far less, I believe we have people with more.. appropriate personalities that could take up admin instead of this person.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 04:02:46 pm by Vibe »

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 08:10:25 pm »

As you already know you are not banned for long and if you are having trouble spawning with equipment then rejoin the sever for it fixes the problem.

My point was I was banned for a 24 hour period because the server itself would not let me spawn with equipment, not because I like running around "leeching" at level 0 and not being able to participate. As I stated before I also don't recall seeing any kind of warning from you even after someone in chat said I spawned without equipment and I jokingly said "stop snitching" but had also made a joke a minute before about my equipment not being ready, which is what it tells you when it won't load your equipment and also giving you the option to spawn.

Last you didn't need to post in here since you already gotten all your info from http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,26765.0.html so it tells me you are quote(Butt hurt) unquote about the situation.

On the contrary, this section is named "admin feedback" and I'm reviewing on how I personally felt that you, and ecko for that matter, handled this poorly.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:11:51 pm by SixThumbs »
And how!

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 09:50:56 pm »
My point was I was banned for a 24 hour period because the server itself would not let me spawn with equipment, not because I like running around "leeching" at level 0 and not being able to participate. As I stated before I also don't recall seeing any kind of warning from you even after someone in chat said I spawned without equipment and I jokingly said "stop snitching" but had also made a joke a minute before about my equipment not being ready, which is what it tells you when it won't load your equipment and also giving you the option to spawn.

On the contrary, this section is named "admin feedback" and I'm reviewing on how I personally felt that you, and ecko for that matter, handled this poorly.

I didn't handle this poorly what so ever. I gave you two warning in two different rounds and you continued to leech.This is your own fault so stop blaming others.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:01:04 pm by Shadowren »