Author Topic: [Merc] Mercenaries  (Read 212274 times)

Offline Baldr

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Baldr?
    • View Profile
    • BALDR
  • Faction: Baldr
  • Game nicks: Baldr & Balder
  • IRC nick: Baldr damnit!
Re: Mercenaries [Recruitment ON]
« Reply #330 on: February 21, 2011, 08:44:55 pm »
true, but doing it without dying is way better

I do pull it off quite often, against 3-4 enemy's; if they are (which they mostly are) kill hungry. It makes the game more interesting since I am no more then OK at manual blocking, boredom and the lack of good team mates makes up for the other parts of my charges (being tk'ed or team hit since I dance allot to keep the shield at the right angle); I am not saying that I do it as a tactical measure all the time; sometimes its just fun to try out my timing skills against multiple foes. Servers are for practice Strategus is the test.

Offline M_Pully

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pully, Eugh, Polly, Dabbling_Miner
« Reply #331 on: February 21, 2011, 10:07:19 pm »
Enjoyed playing with you and pully, hopefully get back on later
yep, i'm omw.

Edit: critique on VVarlord,
I'm seeing you shield well but rarely mix up your attacks, this could be improved on, footwork is ok imo, not much feinting or holding of blows. You supported me (and vice versa) well on port assault when i had the spear/shield, this was good and what we'd look for in strat (didn't run away, backpeddle in sticky situations).
atm its a no from me though, but improvement on the killing side of your game would sway me matey. It was fun on ts and that counts too. Oh and i havn't seen you do much manual blocking, if this is important to you or not with shield, helps to surprise if it breaks and pick someone in the head afterwards ;-)
,MP
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 11:06:10 am by M_Pully »

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #332 on: February 22, 2011, 03:10:14 pm »
(click to show/hide)

I have spectated Baldr for several rounds, yesterday.
He reminded me a little of Phahz.
Overall good battlefield awareness, especially when it comes too the opponent zerg containment. He knows when too move, and flanks the zerg, while keeping himself busy turtling up against 4-5 enemies.
Good awareness on his teammates too, he helps them out occasionally. And he seems to not realy care about his K/D ratio, but puts teamwork before that.
His sword/board skill needs training in my oppinion.
Would also like too see him tag teaming with one of us, or have an archer backing him up. Too see how he reacts in combat. In relation too his footwork.
He handle's critique well, and is polite for so far.

Anyways, just my oppinion of him soo far. But he needs more spectating, it is too early to start giving him a concrete dicision.
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #333 on: February 22, 2011, 03:14:02 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Havent realy focused my attention towards Warlord yet.
Since Baldr applied earlier them him, i think we should concentrate on Baldr first.
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #334 on: February 22, 2011, 03:53:17 pm »
yep, i'm omw.

Edit: critique on VVarlord,
I'm seeing you shield well but rarely mix up your attacks, this could be improved on, footwork is ok imo, not much feinting or holding of blows. You supported me (and vice versa) well on port assault when i had the spear/shield, this was good and what we'd look for in strat (didn't run away, backpeddle in sticky situations).
atm its a no from me though, but improvement on the killing side of your game would sway me matey. It was fun on ts and that counts too. Oh and i havn't seen you do much manual blocking, if this is important to you or not with shield, helps to surprise if it breaks and pick someone in the head afterwards ;-)
,MP

@ PullyThanks for the comments i will work on my manual blocking and feinting hopefully improving while playing with you guys, have changed my items to use a war spear which has improved my assists when teaming up, close to retiring so i will be improving my build giving me more athletics but removing ironflesh as muffin put it the increase in hit points just doesnt out way the athletics.

@ Jambi ill stick around teamspeak and generally play with you guys i have no problem waiting a while to be looked at hopefully ill have improved on the pointers by then

Offline SquishMitten

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mew, Kitty + many more
« Reply #335 on: February 22, 2011, 04:46:34 pm »
This Clan seems to have the highest skilled players and be big on teamwork, so I would like to apply too :3

Ingame name is SG_Kitty
(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In memory of Merciless_Mew, member of Merciless, ruler of Istiniar

Offline Burr1ck

• Earl
  • Renown: 314
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • The Mercenaries are on Twitch.tv. Check the topic!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Burrick, Stimpy
« Reply #336 on: February 22, 2011, 05:09:41 pm »
@ PullyThanks for the comments i will work on my manual blocking and feinting hopefully improving while playing with you guys, have changed my items to use a war spear which has improved my assists when teaming up, close to retiring so i will be improving my build giving me more athletics but removing ironflesh as muffin put it the increase in hit points just doesnt out way the athletics.

@ Jambi ill stick around teamspeak and generally play with you guys i have no problem waiting a while to be looked at hopefully ill have improved on the pointers by then

Hi Warlord, your making good progess, nice to see that your active on TS getting to know us more  :P. At the moment it's a no, however your making very good progress at a fast rate by plaing with us. I like your defensive and observant style, holding back any urges to charge. I see that a defensive player like you to keep the everyone alive is very important asset for the team. As mentioned before by Pully, please do work on feinting your attacks, holding attacks and varying the pace/ speed of fights when you engage with the enemy, you want to be a tough opponent right. So, I suggest that you go onto the duel server to practise attacking techniques and some blocking. Keep the progress up and at this rate of improvement you should convert me to give you a +1 sometime :wink:.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 05:21:33 pm by Burr1ck »

"Art thou the hammer, or art thou the nail? From the view of the beam, 'tis all the same. But for the nail, 'tis very different."
- Hammerite

The Mercenaries's YouTube channel

Offline Burr1ck

• Earl
  • Renown: 314
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • The Mercenaries are on Twitch.tv. Check the topic!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Burrick, Stimpy
« Reply #337 on: February 22, 2011, 05:23:41 pm »
This Clan seems to have the highest skilled players and be big on teamwork, so I would like to apply too :3

Ingame name is SG_Kitty
(click to show/hide)

Good luck, keep a watch out for us Mercs on the servers, tell em of your presence when you join  :wink:. Join the teampeak public channel sometime (address in first post) when there're Mercs on.

"Art thou the hammer, or art thou the nail? From the view of the beam, 'tis all the same. But for the nail, 'tis very different."
- Hammerite

The Mercenaries's YouTube channel

Offline Kingtrisp

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Conan What is best in life?
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Waylander_KingConan
« Reply #338 on: February 22, 2011, 06:14:15 pm »
I am here to apply to one of the best clans in crpg! And would like to join this clan if possible.

Ingame name SG_KingConan
(click to show/hide)

I play on alot of servers such as cprg 1,2,4,6 i do like playing battle but i prefer to play siege as there is a objective to it compared to battle were the only objective is to destroy everyone.
I also would like to add i do not mind making a different build to fit in more with what u want.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 09:54:45 pm by Kingtrisp »

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 22, 2011, 10:55:12 pm »
VVarlord is improving and but need to be more imaginative with his attacks - get that pinned as well as some manual blocks and u have my approval.

Baldr is a good teamplayer - he will suck people in to mindlessly and pointlessly battering his shield until they are dispatched.
He is however lacking vastly lacking in 1v1 skills - i know his build is not centred around that but it still important. I would like some more aggression from him and he should perhaps go on a duel server and learn to duel. Also - you can cover up those suicide charges with whatever bullshit you want but they are still suicide charges - I (and other mercs) would be greatly more inclined to give you our support if you cut them out.

i havent seen the other recruits because you all jumped on us at once and we are drowning in u damn applicants   :evil:
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 23, 2011, 04:40:14 am »
Oh hello there mercs! Since it seems you're still recruiting, I'm willing to give it a shot.

I'm a friendly player from Portugal (GMT +0:00), and I mostly play in the battle server EU1, spending lately more than 5 hours a day playing it, most of the times teamplaying alongside with my RL buddies, the bastard admin from hell IRC//:Unreal and the bunny hopper Guardion (just some extra info).
Teamspeak always on.
You can always find me on the IRC channel #mount&blade-crpg with the nickname karasu.

Played alongside (as in, same team, respecting tactics(whenever possible)) with some of the following mercs: Phazh, Jambi, Mustikki, Tempest, Varyag, Lizard_man and Blueberry Muffin.

The character name is Koldborn, which this gen 2nd have been Polearm specc'd with the next build/gear:

Generation: 2
Gold: 136'190
Experience: 8,167,500
                           +568,343
Level up at: 8,735,843
Kills: 810
Death: 605

* Strength: 20
    * Agility: 18
    * Hit points: 57

* Converted: 6
    * Ironflesh: 1
    * Power Strike: 6
    * Shield: 0
    * Athletics: 6
    * Riding: 6
    * Horse Archery: 0
    * Power Draw: 0
    * Power Throw: 0
    * Weapon Master: 6

* One Handed: 1
    * Two Handed: 1
    * Polearm: 156
    * Archery: 1
    * Crossbow: 1
    * Throwing: 1

- Gear: Splinted Leather Greaves over Mail, Mail Gauntlets, Nordic Helmet and Banded Armor. Some maps that require more movement options, I change to Druzhina Mail Shirt, Light Leather Boots, Leather Gloves.

- Weapons:  Balanced Heavy Lance, Glaive, Long Maul, Sniper Crossbow, Steel Bolts.

- Mount: Sarranid Horse.

My first gen was spent as a Archer/2hander, which helped to gather enough gold and ranged side experience in cRPG needed to achieve better results as a soldier.

As it can be noticeable, I'll will be in gen 3 soon enough, speccing finally a pure 2 hander build, which is the gamestyle I like the most. Feinting with polearms feels a bit empty to me.

The build I've been thinking of using would be something like this:

* Strength: 21
    * Agility: 18
    * Hit points: 70

* Converted: 6
    * Ironflesh: 7
    * Power Strike: 7
    * Shield: 0
    * Athletics: 6
    * Riding: 0
    * Horse Archery: 0
    * Power Draw: 0
    * Power Throw: 0
    * Weapon Master: 6

* One Handed: 1
    * Two Handed: 157
    * Polearm: 1
    * Archery: 1
    * Crossbow: 1
    * Throwing: 1

With this build the main weapons of choice will be Danish Greatsword and Longsword to add some dynamic in 1vs1 situations, while still making use of the Sniper Crossbow whenever needed.

With this said, all I can do is thank you for the time spent reading this wall of text, and that I'm looking forward for a feedback. Either way, see you on the Battlefield.   :P
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 04:47:58 am by karasu »

Offline M_Pully

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pully, Eugh, Polly, Dabbling_Miner
« Reply #341 on: February 23, 2011, 11:36:49 am »
Koldborn gets a +1 from me for his cavalry play, the rest not really seen.

Offline Baldr

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Baldr?
    • View Profile
    • BALDR
  • Faction: Baldr
  • Game nicks: Baldr & Balder
  • IRC nick: Baldr damnit!
« Reply #342 on: February 23, 2011, 05:02:15 pm »
I must start with saying:

I had a blast the short time I played with you guys and you made me strive to better myself in both teamplay and mechanics, but I must regrettably retract my application to join your ranks. Why you might ask as my wife asked over my shoulder while I wrote the previous part, sadly there is no easy answer. I would have loved to join you all in strategus fighting for gold and glory but alas the timing was bad on my part and so I add an apology for wasting your time.

Thank you for the experience and I hope that you will allow me to reapply at a later date.

Respectfully,
Baldr.

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 23, 2011, 07:25:27 pm »
no prob, feel free to re-apply when you feel like you're doing better