Author Topic: Redefining horses  (Read 3301 times)

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
Re: Redefining horses
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 11:45:17 pm »
Eponico, you bring up a valid point that throwing lances are the primary threat to heavy cavalry. The issue is, this is not the case for all of the lighter horses.

My main two goals with these suggestions are as follows

#1 forcing players to rely on their own skills over their horses trample damage.
-Its important to note that trample damage is amplified with the current patch due to the lack of heavy armor. Last patch, when my infantry character had a tin can suit, trample didn't bother me so much. Now that medium-light armor is becoming the norm, a heavy horse will be able to take out 75% of a player's life easily.

#2 Make the light horses a more appealing choice over heavy horses. With exception of a few well skilled players, light horses could not be used to the same effect as heavy horses, and the learning curve was much steeper.

By slightly improving the armor, and improving the life of the light horses, random arrow spam won't be as much of an issue. By removing the trample damage on light horses, they still are not an ideal choice for being in the thick of battle. This system more closely reflects native warband.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol: