Poll

Is this admin doing their job correctly?

Yes
114 (50.2%)
No
113 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 226

Author Topic: [NA] Ganner  (Read 35420 times)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: [NA] Ganner
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2012, 12:26:45 pm »
+2
DOG GIFS EVERYWHERE!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline chimy727

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Vidya Gamez pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2012, 08:53:26 am »
+1
Terrible admin.   Does not do his job correctly, abuses his power, threatens to mute for no reason.

Offline Suckus Khan

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
[NA] GAANNER
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2012, 04:44:45 pm »
Excuse me? A horse archer purposely delayed a round by over 2 minutes.. Not only was he terrible but he was leeching.  They said he wasnt breaking the rules.. No problem.. Next round I shoot his horse and kill it.  Problem solved. I got banned (for 3 hours my clanmates tell me)

So lets get this straight I save everyone precious time in the next round (everyone) by doing them a favor and I get banned instead of the guy that purposely delayed the round? Right.  Who assigns these admins anyway they're terrible.  This isn't the first time I've seen someone purposely delaying that wasn't ejected.  Excuse me for trying to do the community a favor.

Some of us have jobs and lives and dont have time to sit around while some guy dicks around on the server leeching XP.

OH also he did it the round after I was ejected too (the round he got his horse back) So obviously I wasnt in the wrong here

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
Re: [NA] GAANNER
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2012, 04:53:49 pm »
+7
First off you spelled his name wrong. It's Ganner
Second he already has a thread for this sort of feedback.  Try the [NA] Ganner one on the front page
Third he's following the rules of the server by allowing a horse archer who is actively fighting to play his class. 
Fourthly the developers have already added a counter to this - MOTF spawns flags when the last alive on a team is mounted.  Camp and profit.
Fifthly it is you who are breaking the rules; team wounding/killing is not acceptable, and it seems your (small) ban was justified.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2012, 04:56:43 pm »
+2
First off you spelled his name wrong. It's Ganner
Second he already has a thread for this sort of feedback.  Try the [NA] Ganner one on the front page
Third he's following the rules of the server by allowing a horse archer who is actively fighting to play his class. 
Fourthly the developers have already added a counter to this - MOTF spawns flags when the last alive on a team is mounted.  Camp and profit.
Fifthly it is you who are breaking the rules; team wounding/killing is not acceptable, and it seems your (small) ban was justified.

Dont even really need to reply other than to say +1

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2012, 04:58:51 pm »
+1
I know you had mentioned using QML in siege to test to see if people who look afk actually are (that thread with DL_Anders as reference).

Then there was a recent ban of Paul_in_ho_pow where he claimed an accidental QML report of Diggles, and you took part in banning Paul.

As a suggestion, I think it may not be the best idea to use QML reporting as a way to moderate in siege.  If it was turned around and a non-admin was doing that I think it would seem a highly suspect enforcement method.

That's all, on a different note I've reconsidered my opposition of you muting anyone who uses a racial slur (even in a more innocent context like asking a question), and I think the 0-tolerance policy is probably a good one, since a) it's just a mute and b) it avoids gray areas.  So I support the mute policy, even if it leads to some silly mutes.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Suckus Khan

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2012, 05:06:53 pm »
Fair enough I couldnt SPELL his name as I was being told by other people. 

I used to play a horse archer I didnt run as far away from the village as possible and then avoid combat with the enemy team even when the flags were up.. I circled the enemy and shot them.  Maybe HA has changed but last I checked its a hit and run tactic not a run and run tactic. 

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2012, 05:11:41 pm »
Seems your getting more fans every week Ganner

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2012, 05:27:02 pm »
I know you had mentioned using QML in siege to test to see if people who look afk actually are (that thread with DL_Anders as reference).

Then there was a recent ban of Paul_in_ho_pow where he claimed an accidental QML report of Diggles, and you took part in banning Paul.

As a suggestion, I think it may not be the best idea to use QML reporting as a way to moderate in siege.  If it was turned around and a non-admin was doing that I think it would seem a highly suspect enforcement method.

These situations are compleatly unrelated.

When in siege, I QML people who are in spawn areas standing still for at least 10 seconds.  Most of the time its longer than that if i see them right before i respawn i wont check again untill im dead.  Then I QML rather than outright kick.  I do this because I'm a bit more lenient in siege because of the respawns.  In battle you have time to die, go get a drink or go piss, or answer the phone or whatever in siege you dont.  The obvious hiding leechers get a kick/ban, the ones standing around in spawn get a QML.

The paul situation was a different story, he intended to QML an obviously active player namo (who was jumping in water to commit suicide rather than fight the long odds of winning).  The fact that the QML bugged and got diggles doesnt change the fact he used QML improperly.  And thats if we believe the story that he was actually going for namo (which i do in fact)

edit: and muki - GG GANNER FANS.

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2012, 05:32:46 pm »
Fair enough I couldnt SPELL his name as I was being told by other people. 

I used to play a horse archer I didnt run as far away from the village as possible and then avoid combat with the enemy team even when the flags were up.. I circled the enemy and shot them.  Maybe HA has changed but last I checked its a hit and run tactic not a run and run tactic.

If you noticed he ran outside of the village to draw one straggler to him, then circled around the village back to the others, cutting his targets down and spreading them out. Again completely valid tactic and played to his class.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2012, 06:33:51 pm »
+2
Some of us have jobs and lives and dont have time to sit around while some guy dicks around on the server leeching XP.

Some of us are rather literate and sensible and can actually look up server rules as well as display proper sportsmanship and common sense because we choose to act as adults.
If you are old enough to have a "Job" and a "Life" then you have very little excuse to act like a delinquent.

No excuse to TK teammates on purpose.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2012, 06:49:19 pm »
GGGGGAAAAANNNNNEEEEERRRRR

Offline Dalfador

• Marshall
  • Renown: 898
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the White Stallion
  • Game nicks: Dalfador
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2012, 10:40:15 pm »
+1
I told him to eat Gyros today instead of BBQ. He ignored me. -1.

Maybe some day they'll call us heroes.

Offline Mechanix

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • lolwut
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mechanix
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2012, 10:51:57 pm »
I told him to eat Gyros as well.

Fuck you ganner.
But as the world turned i learned life was hell; livin' in a world no different from a cell - WuTang

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2012, 09:38:46 am »
+3