Poll

Is this admin doing their job correctly?

Yes
114 (50.2%)
No
113 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 226

Author Topic: [NA] Ganner  (Read 35428 times)

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: [NA] Ganner
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2012, 03:28:18 am »
And what your saying is lancer cav should never ever ride into the melee to get kills cause invariably they will bump a teammate on accident so thats bad!

And what your also saying is melee shouldn't clump up together cause accidentally they may hit each other and thats bad!

And what your also saying is that ranged should never take the shot cause they may hit each other and thats bad!

Your arguments here are flimsier than your argument that chaos was balance abusing.

Lol.  I just had a flash back to Robin hood and his band of merry men in the movie Shrek when he said "Thats bad thats bad thats very very bad".  Good times.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline zeeno

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • We are nerds
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Zeeno
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2012, 08:43:37 pm »
+3
Terrible admin.

Your humble nerd

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2012, 09:22:46 pm »
Terrible admin.

indeed.

I dunno what happened when i muted you, i ment to do it for a moment and instantly tried to unmute you, but it keep saying 30 sec was unmuted :o

Offline engurrand

• Psychopath
  • Earl
  • Renown: 359
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
  • Trifecta
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2012, 07:23:52 am »
nice guy but forced me to play on EU via NA ban because i accidentally TW twice.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2012, 10:48:18 pm »
+1
Used adminchat while dead to alert his team that the entire enemy team was in a trapped area.  Considering they were all in a quasi "unreachable" area I don't mind this so much, but it would have been better to state it that way and request people to go spec, instead of basically giving his team a suggestion to wait for flags.

Then shortly afterwards banning a clanmate after there was a discussion about Zeeno getting muted for saying "niggas".  Zetank_Astralis asked about it and got muted.

(click to show/hide)

This mute seemed quite uncalled for, since it is clear the intention wasn't to use the word as a slur, but to say "wow that's the word you said that got you muted?".

Not a huge deal in general, but seemed a little inappropriate.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 11:10:14 pm by MrShine »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Scrambles720

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Scrambles_Astralis
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2012, 11:05:57 pm »
There is an area in a battle map where if you fall into it you cannot escape it. 6 members of my team had fallen into it and were trapped. We were waiting for enemies to jump in after us and we quit effectively killed several enemies. The round before that we had won the round because of this. about halfway through the next round, there were only 8 people left on our team and 14 on their team. 6 of us were in this enclosed area. Ganner who was DEAD and on the enemy team. realizing we were trapped. Decided to use admin chat to warn his teammates! Effectively CHEATING with admin abilities. If he was alive and used admin chat to tell his teammates who cares it just makes it more noticeable, but since he was DEAD and there should be no way for him to warn his teammates other than outside the game he used an ability that was created to keep the fighting civil not to warn and cheat. Admin chat should not be a function you use to warn teammates from the dead and is complete bullshit that this moron is given the ability to do this. He cant handle the responsibility of being a fair and unbiased admin. Why not every admin just turn on show names so they can see how many hits the enemy needs to be killed? This is a complete misuse of his admin abilities and I feel like he shouldn't have access these abilities anymore.

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2012, 12:27:39 am »
Except this map has been around forever, and it is well known that if you go into EITHER of those two pens you cannot get out.  Most of your team went in there after one round of meridus being stuck.

Would you have listened if i told your team to go to spec?  No you would of yelled ABOOOZE and we arent doing it!

What happened the very next round after i said that?  At least 10 more of your teammates when in there again including more atralis.  Causing your team to lose again and my multi to keep rolling.

I used Pink chat for 2 reasons, 1 so that my team wouldent be stupid enough to jump in there and 2 for your team not to be stupid enough to go in there again next round, obviously they werent.

Offline Scrambles720

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Scrambles_Astralis
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2012, 01:59:00 am »
Actually if you were even paying attention the next round we did lose but we didn't go into that pin again hahaha. And you shouldn't use pink chat to warn your teammates causing them to act differently. Something fair would of been something like don't purposefully go into there from now on not hey teammates don't mess with them wait for flags. Which in NO WAY is a warning to us (and 2 for your team not to be stupid enough to go in there again next round, obviously they weren't.) That is bullshit. Also learn to count! there were 6 of us in there that first time not 10 not at least 10, 6. If this map has been known to be a problem map then why haven't they removed it? Your trying to bullshit your way out of this but no. You warned your teammates so that you wouldn't lose the round so you could keep your multiplier no other reason plain and simple. You need to admit what you did and apologize not give me bullshit about how you were trying to tell us not to go into the pin. I mean seriously if you wanted to stop us from going in there you would of said something the first round! not when your teammates are jumping in there getting their asses kicked and you have to warn them to save your multi.

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 167
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2012, 09:14:54 pm »
+2
He obviously suffers from extreme amounts of white guilt and is a complete bundle of sticks. Called a delayer a gay nigga and ive been muted for two entire maps.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2012, 12:23:36 am »
Thanks for doing your job without bias Ganner, it is something other admins should look up to and admire, especially when tackling an issue that is a double-edged sword.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2012, 01:46:36 am »
+1
I like Ganner, I haven't been active in cRPG as much but I went on to handle a problem another admin was asking me to help with, and saw Ganner already giving out his Steam information to communicate to all parties and sort it out.  He's accessible, logical, isn't afraid to use admin powers (this isn't always a bad thing people!) and doesn't worry about the stress of negative reactions affecting his judgement.

Good guy and glad he is still around and taking care of business!
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2012, 02:08:12 am »
I like Ganner, I haven't been active in cRPG as much but I went on to handle a problem another admin was asking me to help with, and saw Ganner already giving out his Steam information to communicate to all parties and sort it out.  He's accessible, logical, isn't afraid to use admin powers (this isn't always a bad thing people!) and doesn't worry about the stress of negative reactions affecting his judgement.

Good guy and glad he is still around and taking care of business!

Agreed, through it hard to keep track of him due to his alts. (Guess his main Strikes Fear)

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2012, 09:27:11 pm »
Ganner you said , "Except you WERE leeching, hell i saw you doing it 2 days ago, naked with a practice dagger standing around or running in getting killed without even swinging it.  I gave you the benifit of the doubt that you had retired, obviously this was not so when i saw you riding your horse and 2 handing it up a few hours later."

and

People always forget to read the first clause of the rules

"first rule of em all: common sense"
        ~ chadz

If your common sense is not working, here are some more specific guidelines. This is not an explicit list, common sense always overrides disputes. Do not come crying "it's not prohibited in the rules" if you invent a new creative way to be an idiot and get punished.

Explanation: Leeching/greifing/other forms of douchebaggery are up to the discretion of the admins on if they are breaking the rules or not.  In general if you are being a determent to the community (in which you have multiple times this month) you will be banned.  I was even going to let the naked with a practice dagger leeching you were doing a couple mornings ago slide, but since you have decided to pick a fight with almost every admin you have come into contact with let me warn you:

Next ban you receive will be a nice LOOOOONG ban.

I'm like gen 20 so yah it takes me a few hours to get enough riding... and then 2 I was engaged in battle not leeching.  If I died because before swinging it was because of the daggers poor reach or getting shot.  But I was actually having a good time stabbing people and got 1 or 2 kills.  I would much rather come in with better gear during those early levels but it's a good opportunity to make some financial gains before the latter levels when I usually take losses due to the fact that I bring in expensive gear.

Which is why I'm making a big deal about this because I thought that was ok too, is it not? How can I not break the rules If I don't know what they are and they are not finite?  I honestly feel like I'm getting set up to be banned (largely due to me not shutting up).  Look I understand if an admin in game tells me to do something because he interprets the rules in a certain way I gotta do it.  but this most recent ban has me a bit befuddled.

I don't leech and I follow the rules (when I know what they are)!

Edit: You got me all wrong ganner I just need some clarification.  Anywayz love you bro and had a blast the other night when you were drunk and your a great admin.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 11:47:30 pm by JasonPastman »
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...

Offline genric

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: HG_Genric, HG_Sentry_GenRic, A_Chilies, Beastasaurus
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2012, 07:28:15 pm »
I like ganner. But thats mostly because he is friends with Uumdi and I <3 Uumdi
I am the shadow that lingers in your wake. I am four steps behind and two before you. You are trapped. Always.
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2012, 06:44:54 am »
Called a delayer a gay nigga and ive been muted for two entire maps.
This honestly surprised you?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.