Poll

Is this admin doing their job correctly?

Yes
114 (50.2%)
No
113 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 226

Author Topic: [NA] Ganner  (Read 35303 times)

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
Re: [NA] Ganner
« Reply #255 on: July 03, 2014, 08:04:59 am »
+4
responding in terms of allers' ban.

Suicide leeching is still leeching.

Direct quote from yourself:

Quote from: Allers on June 15, 2014, 11:06:57 pm

I run into the battle with equipment i choose to die by them hitting me  I need money so i go with cheap gear and i dont feel like trying so i choose to not block?

That is the very definition of suicide leeching. Running at the enemy with no intent on fighting. Case closed, offense admitted in ban thread, appeal denied.

The thing about this ban is that it was not overturned into an unban. Unbans are ment for people who were banned and would like to make a case for themselves to the admins as to why they were unbanned. In the unban thread there were multiple people who said that they had seen him swinging and attempting to do damage to the other team. At the end of the thread (when it was locked) the above quote was posted and it was quite frustrating. Yes, the exact definition  of suicide leeching is running at the enemy with no intent of fighting, however, multiple people had said he had not done so and he nowhere in the quote you posted said he had no intention of swinging nor had given the hint. In the quote from allers that you posted he had said he had no intent on blocking.

Now comes a lot of regurgitation from the thread in general discussion that no admins seem to be posting worth while responses to, so, I thought I might as well post them here.

1. if allers is banned for not blocking or caring much, and this is actually a good reason for his ban, why is half of the NA community not banned?

2. why is it that he was seemingly banned not because of what he did but because of his record? quote from Eyebeat in the unban thread:
Allers has been given more chances than anyone.  Seriously doubt this will get over turned. 

hopefully we can have some discussion with the admins in this thread.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 05:07:56 pm by Jack1 »
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 03, 2014, 08:39:46 am »
responding in terms of allers' ban.

That is the very definition of suicide leeching. Running at the enemy with no intent on fighting. Case closed, offense admitted in ban thread, appeal denied.

The thing about this ban is that it was not overturned into an unban. Unbans are ment for people who were banned and would like to make a case for themselves to the admins as to why they were unbanned. In the unban thread there were multiple people who said that they had seen him swinging and attempting to do damage to the other team. At the end of the thread (when it was locked) the above quote was posted and it was quite frustrating. Yes, the exact definition  of suicide leeching is running at the enemy with no intent of fighting, however, multiple people had said he had done so and he nowhere in the quote you posted said he had no intention of swinging nor had given the hint. In the quote from allers that you posted he had said he had no intent on blocking.

Now comes a lot of regurgitation from the thread in general discussion that no admins seem to be posting worth while responses to, so, I thought I might as well post them here.

1. if allers is banned for not blocking or caring much, and this is actually a good reason for his ban, why is half of the NA community not banned?

2. why is it that he was seemingly banned not because of what he did but because of his record? quote from Eyebeat in the unban thread:
hopefully we can have some discussion with the admins in this thread.
it's called being biased. I mean it's a bullshit ban but it's okay since he's been perma banned before  :rolleyes: It's not like the community has jumped on board to defend allers before on bans.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:23:08 am by Goretooth »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #257 on: July 03, 2014, 04:04:53 pm »
This is really embarrassing but if you search the logs there are multiple instances if allers killing me with a club.  I often choose not to block, a better players can take advantage of it.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Lemon_

• Earl
  • Renown: 343
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 08, 2014, 01:16:03 am »
+1
Complete Shit.

Offline Palurgee

• Duke
  • Renown: 607
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: palurgee, brokeback_mountaineer, denarii
  • IRC nick: palurgee
« Reply #259 on: July 08, 2014, 11:59:38 pm »
+8
Ganner enforces the rules. He might not make the server fun; I have myself been muted by him more than once, but that isn't why I voted "No" in this poll. Ganner your permaban on allers was very obviously a personal lash against him. That is not to say that you deserve 100% of the blame for it, but your intentional choice to ignore questions and uproar seen here and in daru's thread is a clear demonstration of your disregard for the NA community. This poll shows nearly 50% of the playerbase wants you deposed and I'm sure a lot of those who voted yes have changed their minds after your recent abuse. The poll on daru's thread shows over 60% think you are wrong in banning allers. You work a 40+ week and have a life, you are rarely on the servers, are inactive on the ban forums, and abusive. Stop volunteering to be an admin if you can't do your job properly.

What blame doesn't go to ganner goes to the rest of the NA staff. If the majority of you actually agreed to permaban allers for his horrible e-crime of not trying hard enough, then the majority of you are dumbasses.

Offline OssumPawesome

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 29, 2014, 01:48:39 am »
+2
I was thinking that after the dust settled on the allers bullshit, ganner would at least give him an opportunity to write an unban essay or jump through some other extraneous hoop.  Apparently, however, ganner and other admins have decided to stick to their guns on keeping one of a dwindling number of longtime players permabanned over nonsense that was deemed nonsense by a large portion of the community and in several long posts which I will not restate here.  Ganner and this ban represents what is wrong with the admins in this game - extremely harsh, at least slightly biased, and unwilling to reconsider past decisions.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 01:53:06 am by OssumPawesome »

Offline Working_Class

• Baron
  • Renown: 139
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sloths, Squids, Frisia? Who even knows anymore
  • Game nicks: WorkingClass_ , ScumFuck_FlowerBoy
  • IRC nick: WorkingClass
« Reply #261 on: August 06, 2014, 06:41:21 pm »
+4
Fuck this allers bullshit really starts to rustle my jimmies. Honestly i will admit to running around with nothing but a damn scythe and trying to slash people will-nilly without even thinking of having to attempt to block anything. What kind of game requires you to try your hardest at all times, especially a game like this one? This isnt CS:GO or Starshit 2.

And the other fucking thing is that the goddamn admins who were involved with the ban never fucking talk about it because they're fucking jerkoffs and have 0 care for what the community says. Im honestly still amazed that Ganner still has admin, it just shows how shitty the administration of this mod is
visitors can't see pics , please register or login