Poll

Is this admin doing their job correctly?

Yes
114 (50.2%)
No
113 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 226

Author Topic: [NA] Ganner  (Read 35270 times)

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
Re: [NA] Ganner
« Reply #210 on: August 19, 2013, 03:21:04 am »
+4
Just shut the fuck up already. You got what you wanted by using the name: attention
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sauce

• Duke
  • Renown: 597
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants
« Reply #211 on: August 22, 2013, 11:17:41 pm »
Just shut the fuck up already. You got what you wanted by using the name: attention

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #212 on: August 23, 2013, 12:43:46 am »
Good work Ganner, ban more of these fuckers.

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #213 on: August 24, 2013, 11:59:44 am »

My above statement was in relation to the name Stage_4_Cancer as I stated on the previous page, but thanks for the kind words :).
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #214 on: September 05, 2013, 02:13:27 pm »
+1
Went on the server today and changed the map because he didn't like it. There was no asking the people on the server if they wanted arena or not, it was just changed.

The only thing is that he changed it in the beginning of the round at least.

Still, next time ask people if they even want to change map :/ I just as hell didn't.
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #215 on: September 05, 2013, 09:33:46 pm »
he and shik are the only badmins I've ever seen change the maps on NA1 (always to Arena) on maps they don't like.

Some players like enclosed maps (like the city maps) some people like open maps (like random plains/steppes).  If the map is unsuitable (like a random plains or steppe map is too hilly) change to another random plain/steppe map, not arena.

We all have to put up with maps we don't like, so when we get to a map we do like, don't change it because you don't personally like it.  That's a big dick move...we have a map rotation for a reason.

/arena sucks assholes.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #216 on: September 05, 2013, 09:56:00 pm »
+1
he and shik are the only badmins I've ever seen change the maps on NA1 (always to Arena) on maps they don't like.

Some players like enclosed maps (like the city maps) some people like open maps (like random plains/steppes).  If the map is unsuitable (like a random plains or steppe map is too hilly) change to another random plain/steppe map, not arena.

We all have to put up with maps we don't like, so when we get to a map we do like, don't change it because you don't personally like it.  That's a big dick move...we have a map rotation for a reason.

/arena sucks assholes.

/arena sucks assholes

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 05, 2013, 10:04:23 pm »
+1

How dare you use one of my favorite gifs against me!

You missed my point, some people like some maps, but dislike others.  Those maps that one person likes/dislikes, are the opposite of other people.  SO LET THE MAP ROTATION DECIDE THE MAP, not the whims of the admin who happens to be online.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 05, 2013, 10:17:46 pm »

How dare you use one of my favorite gifs against me!

You missed my point, some people like some maps, but dislike others.  Those maps that one person likes/dislikes, are the opposite of other people.  SO LET THE MAP ROTATION DECIDE THE MAP, not the whims of the admin who happens to be online.

I understand but when they do ask if people want to change the map, a lot of people do ask for arena. Course at this point, I don't know if half of them actually mean it.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 05, 2013, 10:25:41 pm »
Again, missing the point.  They shouldn't be changing maps.  If they are on a shit open plains map, change to another open plains map or leave it alone.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 05, 2013, 10:28:33 pm »
Again, missing the point.  They shouldn't be changing maps.  If they are on a shit open plains map, change to another open plains map or leave it alone.

I disagree. I think they can. When people ask for the map to be changed, the admin can step in and change it. No reason to have to grind out a bad map if the admin is there and willing to change the map if people want it changed.

Offline protox2k

• Earl
  • Renown: 304
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mango
  • Game nicks: Soft_Juicy_Mango
  • IRC nick: Kev
« Reply #221 on: September 05, 2013, 10:33:44 pm »
+1
I disagree. I think they can. When people ask for the map to be changed, the admin can step in and change it. No reason to have to grind out a bad map if the admin is there and willing to change the map if people want it changed.
You are wrong the admin will change the map only if he wants to ( doesn't matter if more then half the server wants a map change or vise versa)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 05, 2013, 10:38:53 pm »

What one person thinks is a bad map, others may think is a good map.  There's usually at least twice as many infantry on as cavalry, so any time we get to a cavalry map and enough people complain in game chat (or the same few people spam enough) than the admin can justify changing the map?  No.  There's a map rotation for a reason.  There's no reason to change a map unless it's on random plains or steppe, and if the map is bad, you change it to another random plain/steppe map...I put up with shit infantry map after shit infantry map, you can deal with one cavalry map out of every 20 infantry maps we play.

That's a terrible attitude, and is the same reason we have so many nerfs in this game ("Oh people are bitching and complaining, better appease the playerbase").  What the people type in game shouldn't influence what map we play...that's what map rotations are for, nor should whomever is bitching the loudest, be the one's who determine whether the admin should change the map or not (pro tip, they shouldn't no matter what).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 05, 2013, 10:46:29 pm »
+1
You are wrong the admin will change the map only if he wants to ( doesn't matter if more then half the server wants a map change or vise versa)

Not really but battle badmins are worse at this than siege admins.

What one person thinks is a bad map, others may think is a good map.  There's usually at least twice as many infantry on as cavalry, so any time we get to a cavalry map and enough people complain in game chat (or the same few people spam enough) than the admin can justify changing the map?  No.  There's a map rotation for a reason.  There's no reason to change a map unless it's on random plains or steppe, and if the map is bad, you change it to another random plain/steppe map...I put up with shit infantry map after shit infantry map, you can deal with one cavalry map out of every 20 infantry maps we play.

That's a terrible attitude, and is the same reason we have so many nerfs in this game ("Oh people are bitching and complaining, better appease the playerbase").  What the people type in game shouldn't influence what map we play...that's what map rotations are for, nor should whomever is bitching the loudest, be the one's who determine whether the admin should change the map or not (pro tip, they shouldn't no matter what).

No matter what? I completely disagree. Its not often that map changes are done by admins, especially in battle. Battle has a lot of maps that arent great and shouldn't be in map rotation. Same with siege. Plus siege often repeats maps that were done 2 maps beforehand so having admins around to change it is great. So people asking for a change is sometimes justified. You have the ability to ask for a map change just the same as any infantry player.

Besides this is more of a problem with battle rather than maps themselves (partly). We need an objective based mode that was tossed around but never implemented.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #224 on: June 27, 2014, 10:32:04 am »
+8
"We all know you have multiple accounts and/or will just buy a new key. Fair warning, if I know its you and you break the rules or harass anyone in chat on them you will be permabanned on that account immediately as well."

Why is Ganner even an admin anymore, he hardly plays the game and when he does he abuses his power to ban people for fighting with sticks (because anyone using  a stick to fight is not trying hard enough and is therefore a suicide leecher even if they are a better fighter than he is) like allers.

I know there was a whole buddy-boy thing going on with canary and a huge number of chaos guys getting adminships, but the necrotism seriously needs to stop and we need to remove the inactive admins that don't play the game except rarely to hop on and troll with their admin powers.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo