Poll

Is this admin doing their job correctly?

Yes
114 (50.2%)
No
113 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 226

Author Topic: [NA] Ganner  (Read 35334 times)

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
Re: [NA] Ganner
« Reply #195 on: August 13, 2013, 11:51:45 am »
Bah... black in spanish is certainly not offensive. Though, I suppose an individual's sensitivity to offense is a relative matter.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 07:31:36 am by JasonPastman »
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Lemon Company
  • Game nicks: #Free Lemon 2012
  • IRC nick: Lemon
« Reply #196 on: August 15, 2013, 08:48:39 pm »
Ganner has gone insane.
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline protox2k

• Earl
  • Renown: 304
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mango
  • Game nicks: Soft_Juicy_Mango
  • IRC nick: Kev
« Reply #197 on: August 15, 2013, 08:53:36 pm »
+1
Lets just say its better when he isn't on.

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #198 on: August 16, 2013, 12:40:24 pm »
I was banned for simply having the name Stage_3_Cancer. It is clearly not "Cancer is Awesome" and also actually promotes awareness. I was then also called "the cancer" of this game....I also actually got positive feedback from people who were happy when they killed me and would say they beat cancer. The only negative remarks I had were trolls working together just trying to get me banned :/

(click to show/hide)

- Edit: I did name change and got unbanned but I really enjoyed that name and would like to use it again like I used to be able to without ANY problems with other admins or other people in the server not trolling me.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 12:49:09 pm by PsychoTwins »
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #199 on: August 16, 2013, 01:41:35 pm »
+5
I was banned for simply having the name Stage_3_Cancer. It is clearly not "Cancer is Awesome" and also actually promotes awareness. I was then also called "the cancer" of this game....I also actually got positive feedback from people who were happy when they killed me and would say they beat cancer. The only negative remarks I had were trolls working together just trying to get me banned :/

(click to show/hide)

- Edit: I did name change and got unbanned but I really enjoyed that name and would like to use it again like I used to be able to without ANY problems with other admins or other people in the server not trolling me.
http://forum.meleegaming.com/announcements/official-server-rules/
"first rule of em all: common sense"
    ~ chadz

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #200 on: August 17, 2013, 03:18:34 am »
+2
    ~ chadz

Doesn't take even common sense to see the my name wan't "Cancer is amazing". Its just trolls who try to find anything to complain about even when it is nothing.
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #201 on: August 17, 2013, 05:00:11 am »

Doesn't take even common sense to see the my name wan't "Cancer is amazing". Its just trolls who try to find anything to complain about even when it is nothing.

Regardless of your intentions of making the name "Stage_3_Cancer", which I personally find trollish and unbecoming, the general consensus of the server-base at the time of your banning was against you. Seeing that most people actively stood against you in chat and that Ganner was called into the server for the sole purpose of taking care of you and your insensitive name, you should probably deal with the fact that people took it offensively. You could call all of those people who opposed you as trolls, as you have several times, but I do not believe myself to be a troll, neither most of those others who were against you.

I can't read your mind, but It's my belief that "awareness" was not at all your "concern" when creating this character and was just a convenient scapegoat. And overall, you need to just deal with the fact that that people took it offensively, change your name (as you have), and simply move on.

To Ganner: You're doing 'aight man.
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Mad scientist and creator of QUANTUM-KAFEIN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BlackCompany
  • Game nicks: Vandal (Carthan)
« Reply #202 on: August 17, 2013, 05:03:50 am »
    ~ chadz

Isn't it shortly followed by "There is no such thing as common sense" or am I confusing it with something else?
Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline Horns_Archive

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 17, 2013, 07:21:19 am »
+1
Not enough people come to admin feedback to say something nice, or to even say this admin is doing a good job. My thoughts on Ganner is that he follows the rules tooth and nail which is what you want in an admin. So all the people talking trash about Ganner in this feedback page are the one's who were banned by him and had it coming. I have NEVER seen Ganner ban/kick/mute someone who didn't deserve it and the people who said they did nothing and received a punishment are full of shit/trolls/generically rude people. What make's me the most impressed about Ganner's adminship is that he hasn't lost it and perma-banned a few people who REALLY had it coming. Instead of lying to yourself about doing nothing wrong, bitching in the ban section, and then coming here to talk more shit, you could man the fuck up and own up to whatever you did. Ganner has done an amazing job dealing with the people who no one else wants to deal so from me and a lot of other people: Thank you for what you do.

Offline Maple_Syrup

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boners
  • Game nicks: Captain_Canada Maple_Syrup_MB
« Reply #204 on: August 17, 2013, 07:22:48 am »
+1
 Ganner is one of the few people in this mod I think deserves extra respect he approaches everything with a mature and unbiased attitude. I have never seen this admin abuse his power or make an unjust administration decision based on his point of view. I believe people should stop the complaints as hes one of the few good administrators we have (which I might add are hard to find in any game).
His judgement is normally fair and rarely overzealous, which is inspiring considering the amount of shit he gets.

To sum it up, if you dont like ganner fuck you. ~Horns inspired this intoxicated piece of writing.

Offline Ethgar

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Ethgar_FIDLGB
« Reply #205 on: August 17, 2013, 06:59:44 pm »
+3
Well,

Even though I was asking why you would name yourselves that, here, let me lay a story down for you true at that.   

I have lost my step-father, step-grandmother, grandma, grandpa all to that god damn disease.   To name yourself Stage_#_cancer in a game that kills people is totally in my eyes disrespectful to anyone that has lost a family member or is dealing with it in any way shape or form.    Now, if you have had family members that have gone through that, or lost them to it, then I guess that's your choice and maybe it didn't effect you as badly, and I am sorry for your loss if you have.    But I don't get where you having a name like that is bringing awareness, especially in this game. 

Now,
before you go saying I'm getting all upset about the names, etc, etc.........I've been playing this game for a while now.  I've let certain names go, without bothering me.   This is the only subject that does bother me, due to it being tied to things that have happened,especially with a game based on killing one another.   Yes, I just repeated myself just in case you didn't catch it, and I really don't care if you didn't.   

Regardless,
I'm glad Ganner did make that decision, even though I'm sure he wasn't alone on it.   Ganner, keep up the good work, and as usual keep up the "I don't give a &$^# demeanor.    :D

“If war is ever lawful, then peace is sometimes sinful”

"We shall never win, if we are divided....."

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #206 on: August 17, 2013, 07:10:13 pm »
+4
Ganner? 1
sometimes a bit tight-assed, but then again I don't have to screw him.
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 18, 2013, 02:10:12 am »
+1
Well,

Even though I was asking why you would name yourselves that, here, let me lay a story down for you true at that.   

I have lost my step-father, step-grandmother, grandma, grandpa all to that god damn disease.

Now,
I've let certain names go, without bothering me.   This is the only subject that does bother me 

I to have lost several members in my family to cancer,  and I do not find the name at all offensive; provocative yes, but not offensive and as such the name should be allowed.  An individuals own personal pain or groups own personal pain should not be a justification for disallowing behavior that causes pain unique to an individual or group when their are no infringement of tangible freedoms.  For example, the name in question only effects you in your own mind and has no tangible effect to your game play experience, as say a team wound would, as that would lower your hp.  The pain is all in your head and it is wrong to expect and especially force others to conform to your expectations simply because you don't like it.
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #208 on: August 18, 2013, 02:18:03 am »
+2
Griefing is doing things that make people upset and is against the rules.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 18, 2013, 04:11:10 am »
Griefing is doing things that make people upset and is against the rules.

So what's trolling? What is saying anything political? What is just simply talking?  The problem with this definition besides the fact that it is incorrect and  the fact that the rules state that malicious giefing is a violation and not simply griefing, is that every individual or group takes offense differently and inconsistently.  In other words to interpret something as offensive is relative to an individual or group's threshold.  For example, some language you would use around your friends would probably be considered offensive by your mother. 

To go deeper with this, taking offense is the output of the internal processing of thoughts, which result from stimuli, that bring an individual or group to the conclusion that they have taken offense.  Offense, in terms of becoming or making someone upset through words, or rather the transmission of thoughts is not tangible and requires only the individual or group to become upset.  One simply need not be upset by a given stimuli and there is no offense taken. 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 05:07:31 am by JasonPastman »