Poll

Is this admin doing their job correctly?

Yes
114 (50.2%)
No
113 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 226

Author Topic: [NA] Ganner  (Read 35516 times)

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
Re: [NA] Ganner
« Reply #165 on: May 10, 2013, 06:19:58 am »
From reading from the logs and comparing it to the screenshot it seems he killed you in the middle of a 2v1 (or a 2v2 with the dead body there) , the worst he  get ingame is a warning about  swinging wildly.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 06:24:01 am by Muki »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #166 on: May 10, 2013, 09:01:35 pm »
(click to show/hide)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #167 on: May 10, 2013, 11:49:38 pm »
+3
Ganner doesn't give a fuck about anything as an admin except enforcing rules. Sure, I voted "no" on this thread because many moons ago I would get muted near daily for saying something with "nigga/nigguh/nukka/etc" in it, but I can't really complain too much about that. Ganner sure as hell doesn't give even half of a single shit about giving his clan-bros an ability to break the rules without consequence.

I've racked up 6 teamwounds from a single person before, and I'm sure they were an accident. The fact that this guy thinks that 4 teamwounds in a row means that nothing short of a blatant intentional attempted teamkill could have taken place is absurd.

At the end of the day, you should really think about why you want somebody banned. I mean, yeah, I'll ban-thread the fuck out of someone if they leech for multiple maps in a row because they're making the game less fun for everybody in the server (except for those with 5x that just play for the xp and gold...scum!), but wanting somebody banned because they teamwounded you too many times? It's one thing if they do it repeatedly and intentionally (which is a moot point since nothing will convince you that this particular instance was NOT intentional) but just because a team-mate blackbarred you a single time, you want to take away his ability to play the game? Is internet justice so important? Will it give you satisfaction to see a player banned? Do you want to see blood that badly?

Comon man, find it within yourself to let some shit go. I know you can do it.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2013, 01:23:17 am »
+3
Good admin with great dodging skills

So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2013, 10:47:01 am »
That was the closest ive ever felt to a str crutch when i was wearing that armor.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
« Reply #170 on: June 06, 2013, 12:33:10 am »
+4

Here's a screen where I killed him with a smoke bomb

I luv you Ganner :P

Ganner best badmin 2013 :D
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 06, 2013, 12:33:11 pm »
+2
The smoke bomb gave me lung cancer D:

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
« Reply #172 on: June 06, 2013, 03:23:47 pm »
+2
The smoke bomb gave me lung cancer D:

I'm sorry!!

here's a how to draw patrick star to help you!

Offline Alvin_the_Chipmunk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • How do you like the avatar of the backflip?
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apple_the_Gold
  • IRC nick: What's that?
« Reply #173 on: June 13, 2013, 03:21:43 am »
+1

Here's a screen where I killed him with a smoke bomb

I luv you Ganner :P

Ganner best b[est]admin 2013 :D

omg...I had seen Cochon kill other people with his stones, but this...this...my mind was BLOWN.
You sure that picture isn't fake?

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 13, 2013, 07:37:50 pm »
nope, agi build with no armor no IF and black barred, he legit killed me with a smoke bomb.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #175 on: July 01, 2013, 02:00:30 am »
+1
I was not involved in this ban request in anyway but I would like to say I think it wasn't dealt with correctly. http://forum.meleegaming.com/na-(official)/team-kill-~-cyranule_brd/

You said it was ok for him to TK/TW because it didn't effect the round in anyway. Then why do people get in trouble for tk'ing at the end of any normal match/round?

They say don't TK at the end of the round unless you are buddies or something. Then why does Cyranule get special treatment? Sure the server was resetting in one minute but why does that matter? Maybe the guys he TK'd wanted a few more chances at a kill? Clearly the victim cared about getting tk'd or he wouldn't have made a ban request.

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB Mascot
  • Game nicks: FrugFrug Owl_Beard
« Reply #176 on: July 01, 2013, 03:40:49 am »
+1
I felt the same way, Jarold.

MB Hivemind I guess.

I personally think Ganner is a good admin, but I feel that this specific incident should've been handled the same way someone TKing near the end of a round would be handled.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:42:12 am by FrugFrug »

Offline Ostulor

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 01, 2013, 06:01:00 am »
The main problem with intentional teamkilling or teamwounding is that it lowers your team's chances of winning a multiplier, that's why admins don't normally punish teamkills once the last enemy dies. In this case, there was only 1 minute for one team to completely eliminate the other and win a multiplier, which is borderline impossible.

So, Cyranule didn't lower his team's chances of winning a multiplier and wasn't punished.
<18:48:55> "Rhaelys": just think of using chopsticks as the utensil equivalent of caressing someone's hair

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB Mascot
  • Game nicks: FrugFrug Owl_Beard
« Reply #178 on: July 01, 2013, 06:33:52 am »
There's no doubt that he didn't cause problems for people's multiplier, but I've seen admins warn people for TKing when it was like 20v1. (And it's normally friends on the outskirts of the map doing it while the last guy on the other team gets gang banged.)
Especially if the person TKed asked them to stop, and considering he put up a ban thread he obviously did not want to be TKed.

Offline Ostulor

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 01, 2013, 07:14:55 am »
There's no doubt that he didn't cause problems for people's multiplier, but I've seen admins warn people for TKing when it was like 20v1. (And it's normally friends on the outskirts of the map doing it while the last guy on the other team gets gang banged.)

Well, there's your problem. If there's still one enemy left fighting, regardless of if it looks like he's going to win or not, the round is still active. Who knows, those friends teamkilling could cost their team the round.

Especially if the person TKed asked them to stop, and considering he put up a ban thread he obviously did not want to be TKed.

Yeah, it's never fun to be teamkilled. But, the teamkill did not cost him a multi, literally could not have an impact on the round, and made him sit out for a maximum of 50 seconds. I wouldn't really say that warrants a ban, a warning probably.

Edit: To clarify, in the 20v1 situation, a teamkill has the ability to lose the round. However, when the server was restarting, there was no possibility of any team winning.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:26:18 am by What. »
<18:48:55> "Rhaelys": just think of using chopsticks as the utensil equivalent of caressing someone's hair