Author Topic: Virtually no penalty for retreating from naked battles + Battle Timer woes  (Read 690 times)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
This is super boring. I thought were were going to get awesome peasant battles. I was on offense, we retreated, no troop loss, nothing. I was on defense, attackers retreated, again apparently unpenalized. Not very fun, please give retreating soldiers the gout or something so a portion of them die.

Also, the battle timer is a real pain, and I'm not sure how it works. It kicked in both times we were on offense and another scheduled battle came up, but didn't when we were on defense and really were expecting it to (on a EU server where no battle was scheduled thereafter). I'd like to see the battle timer lengthened and/or STANDARDIZED. I realize that it has a practical application in that we have a limited number of servers to work with, but it is very unfortunate to see good, fun battles ruined because "our army realized it had to be somewhere else".
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 03:18:33 pm by Malaclypse »
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Ufthak

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Virtually no penalty for retreating from naked battles
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 12:51:53 pm »
Capping equipment loss at 25% and upping ticket loss to 10% might prove a good solution. It doesn't make sense that an army right now can be winning, but WOOPS, they went a minute too long, time to drop all your shit and flee! Fortunately in the mad scramble that cost us all of our gear, even the shirts and pants we were wearing, none of us got separated!

Speaking of that, the timer is based on the LARGER force... right?... right? 10,000 vs 500 isn't a 7 minute timer... right? please tell me that's the case.

edit: adding a ticket loss for retreats would greatly discourage map stall tactics, in case someone missed the relevance
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 12:54:31 pm by Ufthak »

Offline Joseph

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I am your worst french nightmare.
    • View Profile
Re: Virtually no penalty for retreating from naked battles
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 03:11:01 pm »
The timer needs to be increase, in both our peasant war, the timer ended way before the battle was over.
"Dam those peasants bite hard"

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Virtually no penalty for retreating from naked battles + Battle Timer woes
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 03:45:36 pm »
kind of goes without saying that if you retreat you need to suffer some equipment/gold and troop losses.  I think 10% troops is too few, I think it should be like 25%.  But no matter what it is, it needs to be there.

There's no penalty for attacking someone, retreating, attacking immediately after, and then retreating again.  You could do this continuously, forever...seriously...what's the hold up?  How many threads and times does this need to be addressed?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy