Author Topic: LLJK bends the knee to Pecores  (Read 8792 times)

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
Re: LLJK bends the knee to Pecores
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2011, 05:15:34 pm »
I'm starting to think you're right, applied for citizenship 5 years ago, and have been living here on a visa ever since. Been denied once already.

You're kidding? I Always figured you lot were the kinds of immigrants that would be welcome for sure. My Intro To Politics professor is from Great Britain and he said that he became a citizen after about ten years. Sounds like a shitty situation for anyone. Too bad.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2011, 06:19:48 pm »
That is your key mistake.

America hasn't been in any wars since WWII. Furthermore historians "In general" agree on nothing, a sampling perhaps agree with your viewpoint. There are simply too many variables in the viewing, interpreting, and deconstructing of history for them to agree on anything solidly. If we (the public, including historians) had more up to date information on WWII, WWI, and all of the United States's previous wars, (that is to say, the same amount of information that we are receiving regarding wars since the popularization of the television) it is likely that "in general" people would view all wars as a loss. Because they are, all wars are a loss.

With that in mind, to say simply because more information is available concerning the conditions that America "Hasn't won a war since WWII" is slightly if not profoundly ignorant. The hard information (casualty reports and political documents) that said the USA won WWI, WWII, and many other wars says that they did in fact also win Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq. The primary difference is that the public isn't looking at the same information that says we are winning, they are looking at wounded veterans and empty chairs where their loved ones sat. Statistically the US has won every conflict. Emotionally they have lost everything since the popularization of mass media.

That is the clincher. So don't "Are you kidding me?"  :evil:
Anyone with a reasonable understanding of contemporary American history and two brain cells to rub together would understand that.

Ah, clever move : )
1. About the war or conflict thing
Just because the congress hasnt declared any wars since WW2, does not mean that Vietnam, Korea etc were not a war. Just like if the chocolate chip cookies say there was no genocide that doesnt mean its true.
Just because AMERICA does not accept a country as a souvereign state (whysoever) does not mean, it is not one. JUST because the American government does not approve of the word war (with all its negative meanings) does not mean Vietnam etc were no wars.

2. "Winning or Loosing"
I will not elaborate on all the wars, the most recent ones should be remembered by you.

I) Vietnam war (note, its called vietnam WAR and not Vietnam CONFLICT).
    America retreated from South/North-Vietnam and the communist forces overtook the south.
    Please tell how the fuck is that a "win" in any kind?

II) Korea war. A armistice was signed, no win for both sides. No peace-treaty has been signed until now,     so again -please- tell me, in which way do you think has this war been won by America?

Those two wars allready proove your argument of "political documents" wrong. Yes, there are political documents but in NO MATTER they state a win of America.

Your mass-media argument might be right in some aspects but regarding the question if the wars were won or not, it is totally invalid. (see political documents above)

Oh and please do not give me the 2 braincells shit.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 06:50:53 pm by Nihtgenga »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2011, 07:01:08 pm »
I'm starting to think you're right, applied for citizenship 5 years ago, and have been living here on a visa ever since. Been denied once already.

You were literally 12 years old 5 years ago. Just wait a little longer, get a job or marry someone, then apply.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2011, 07:30:28 pm »
You could also try the anchor baby angle.

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2011, 07:32:20 pm »
You were literally 12 years old 5 years ago. Just wait a little longer, get a job or marry someone, then apply.

Have a job, and turning 18 tomorrow. Regardless of how old I was when I applied it's still been 5 years.  :(

As for you Nihtgenga

Vietnam Conflict ended with the US pulling out of Vietnam, true enough. It was not however a United States conflict directly, it was a French colony that fell to communists which then asked for help. So ok, the united states went in to help. When US troops started going in 1955 until the end of the war in 1976, around 58,000 US troops had died. However, in the same years 1.1 Million NVA and Vietcong were KIA. US forces won the majority of their offensives, and beat back every one of North Vietnam's offensives including the Tet Offensive, that the united states supposedly lost. Without sounding insensitive to human lives, the US troops killed 19 hostiles for every 1 they lost.

The loss of popular opinion was the reason for pulling the troops out. Very similar to what is occurring now in the Middle east. The United States is not losing miliartistically, they are however losing domestically. The south was taken over by communism, the French lost a colony. Not that the loss of Vietnam to communism was such a big loss, the collapse of the Soviet Bloc in the 80s pretty much assured that it didn't make any difference.

The United States should not have entered Vietnam. But it happened. They should not have pulled out when they were easily winning. But it happened.

TLDR: Shit happens, USA fucked up Vietcong, Hippies are bundle of stickss and I know my history better than Nihtgenga.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2011, 07:33:26 pm »
I am really starting to like Anwyl, we should keep her. She has the perfect mentalities and attitude about things.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 07:34:33 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2011, 07:35:48 pm »
Like it or not, I don't think she is going anywhere.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Ginosaji

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kukurutz, Whale_of_pure_Harmony, Topfentascherl, TRAFFIC_LIGHT
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2011, 07:46:14 pm »
TLDR: Shit happens, USA fucked up Vietcong, Hippies are bundle of stickss and I know my history better than Nihtgenga.

Still you're saying that a "conflict" with more than 1mio casualties is no war.
Also I don't see where your story about the Vietnam war differs from Nihtgenga's version.

The US fucked up a lot in nearly every conflict or war in the last 100 years. We don't need to debate whether these conflicts were necessary or not, but this thread is just full of bullshit. LLJK kiddies saying that the French fucked up while the US are a synonym for war waging idiots patriots everywhere on the world but in America. Hilarious..
(and no, I'm not French, in fact I live in one of the few towns Napoleon never managed to take..)

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2011, 07:50:56 pm »
I am really starting to like Anwyl, we should keep her. She has the perfect mentalities and attitude about things.

You're not so bad yourself. Furthermore, I don't plan on going anywhere, but I also don't really play crpg anymore.

Nevertheless the forums give me somewhere to be awesome without making people on campus uncomfortable.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2011, 07:58:10 pm »
I like bunnies.
So do I!

You're not so bad yourself. Furthermore, I don't plan on going anywhere, but I also don't really play crpg anymore.

Nevertheless the forums give me somewhere to be awesome without making people on campus uncomfortable.
Intriguing, why do you make other people on campus uncomfortable?

Offline Ginosaji

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kukurutz, Whale_of_pure_Harmony, Topfentascherl, TRAFFIC_LIGHT
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2011, 08:01:11 pm »
So do I!

I'm a bit too old for the internet nowadays, so please tell me: Is this kind of behaviour what people call "trolling"? If so, I'm really disappointed :/

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2011, 08:02:41 pm »
I'm a bit too old for the internet nowadays, so please tell me: Is this kind of behaviour what people call "trolling"? If so, I'm really disappointed :/

You are too old for the internet or too old for young people? There is a difference. The first suggests that you are losing your mental faculties, while the latter means you are settling down and don't want to waste time with senseless BS.

And no, I was not trolling. It was a calculated post to defuse the situation of having serious posts in a spam thread (this has been moved to spam).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 08:05:07 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2011, 08:04:35 pm »
Still you're saying that a "conflict" with more than 1mio casualties is no war.

I give you an A+ in reading comprehension, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Intriguing, why do you make other people on campus uncomfortable?

It's the awesomeness, they can't handle it.

Nah it's just that it's really kind of, not fun on campus I guess. It's either guys looking for a quick score, or girls competing to be the ones to get scored upon. Not my style. Plus I'm nerdy and I am bad at making conversation with normal people. Internet allows me to be nerdy and honest to my hearts content. Most people don't like honesty. It's terrible.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2011, 08:07:10 pm »
Fair enough, good answer, honesty and being genuine is a good thing. Thank you for the response.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2011, 08:07:30 pm »
Most people don't like honesty. It's terrible.

Honestly?

EDIT: WHY CAN I NEVER POST FASTER THAN TEARS???
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?