Author Topic: LLJK bends the knee to Pecores  (Read 8840 times)

Offline Ginosaji

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kukurutz, Whale_of_pure_Harmony, Topfentascherl, TRAFFIC_LIGHT
Re: LLJK bends the knee to Pecores
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2011, 08:03:18 am »
No. This conversation is now officially boring. Agree to disagree, or just think you are right and I am wrong. Other more entertaining threads are now afoot and I don't want to rehash another tiring topic that occures 3 times a year every year at every university, and every year in politics. I made my points, you made your points, anything further and we will be going in circles. At this point I think people are too combative and not listening well enough at this point. More importantly, I don't give a fuck anymore and all that argumentative energy I had earlier is gone, spent on other things.

The funny thing is that I didn't know until yesterday that there are really people who consider the Vietnam War (which is the common name for that war/conflict/bullshit) a conflict and no war. I can asure you that these discussions you mentioned don't exist in countries outside the US, at least I can't imagine they exist (I'm no philosopher nor politician, so I never sat in a class with people who would discuss such a thing).

IMHO everyone who even thinks that a "conflict" that includes sending thousands of soldiers into a foreign country on another continent to kill more than 1mio(!) people is no real war must be mentally disabled or completely stupid (sorry if I offended some people here now, but I can't find any other words for that).
What would be even worse is someone thinking that anything including killing 1mio+ people can be considered a "win" in any way by saying "if they didn't retreat they would've actually won this war"..

You don't have to answer this post if it there are better threads to answer to, I just wanted to explain my point.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 08:05:03 am by Ginosaji »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2011, 08:07:53 am »
I already explained earlier in a few recent posts that there was a difference in semantics and why those differences existed. But yes, I do understand your point. Best of luck. I for one will take my mentally disabled and retarded mind to sleep soon, as I don't think I can properly explain any better why there exist the subleties that are sometimes missed in the differences betwee the two "types" of war Political definition and Military definition.

Take care, and have a good day.

Consider this a cultural difference in language that would be near impossible to understand unless you grew up here (and in the right places, since the US is practically 5 dozen different cultures that differ depending on which state/territory you live in, each with different laws mentalities and traditions).

We are our own special brand of crazy.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 08:12:46 am by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #122 on: September 08, 2011, 04:19:27 pm »
I already explained earlier in a few recent posts that there was a difference in semantics and why those differences existed. But yes, I do understand your point. Best of luck. I for one will take my mentally disabled and retarded mind to sleep soon, as I don't think I can properly explain any better why there exist the subleties that are sometimes missed in the differences betwee the two "types" of war Political definition and Military definition.Take care, and have a good day.

Consider this a cultural difference in language that would be near impossible to understand unless you grew up here (and in the right places, since the US is practically 5 dozen different cultures that differ depending on which state/territory you live in, each with different laws mentalities and traditions).

We are our own special brand of crazy.

"War Is Merely the Continuation of Policy by Other Means
We see, therefore, that war is not merely an act of policy but a true political instrument, a continuation of political intercourse carried on with other means. What remains peculiar to war is simply the peculiar nature of its means. "

- Carl von Clausewitz

Military definition of "winning" is the political definition of winning, as war is simply another means to a political end.