• Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
Moved.
« on: August 23, 2011, 12:24:20 am »
Donk,

You cant lock a thread right after you posted your own reply, letting no chance to people to make you understand their point and to argue yours. This has gone far enough. We always tolerated "not so much" stupid and offensive names and I dont see why it would drasticly change from one day to another.

We have people from 12 to 40 years old playing and rarely did we have complains about offensive names and those were extremes. Keep an open mind that they are community servers and not yours to turn them into your own little toy where you can fulfill your need of power.

There are head admins for the servers and you're replacing Ecko to help us manage the servers, not come around and boss everyone, change the rules as you want them and abuse your new powers. This has to stop and now ! I never had that many complains from players AND admins toward a single person.

I'm politely asking you to unban starfucker and whoever else you banned because of their names YOU judged not proper.

We are losing our most regular players, people who have been playing on the servers for months and you expect to reach the donation target by askin players almost every hour to invest in servers they dont want to play anymore because of the sudden changes that one guy brought, one guy who has been playing on the server far less than them?

Remove my admin rights or making me step down would only prove you cant face/manage problems. You cant just mute + ban me from the server and expect things to be alright afterward. Ecko put me where I am beause he trusted my judgement and I always wanted to help the servers, but I have no trust in you nor confidence that things will get better before the return of Ecko.

Regards,

Sphinx
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 12:25:35 am by Sphinxer »

Offline Argoth

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Argoth
Re: Moved.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 01:00:31 am »
+1, you are awesome sphinx
In regards to the names, I'd like to say its a part of kerpg lore.

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rangerbob
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 01:20:04 am »
As the other head admin I'm going to back Sphinx up the names thing.  The rules only explicitly state that we will enforce name changes on players with racist names and in general have been more lax on other names.  Starfucker is a longtime player as shown by player stats but I can see why donk would ask for a name change but a ban on pike_bastard is way over the top.  Our goal as admins is to make the game enjoyable by the majority of players because they come to our servers to relax.  We keep people in line so everyone else can have fun and I really don't see how those 2 names are offending people in today's age. 

I've been looking over the recent bans you've made and read over the server logs leading up to those bans. Yes most of them deserved bans but what signifies a 3 day bans for you, most other admins would have only given a few hours for.  There's a reason why the community servers are more popular than the official ones and its because we've been doing a good job making it fun for people.  I've noticed a significant dropoff in the number of players on the community servers and many of our regular players no longer play because these bans are just pissing them off.

I have talked to you in private about your vision for the community servers and I will say that you have some excellent ideas on the future.  The idea for special events and an separate admin forum is something I've been hoping someone would try for months.  But this will only matter if people actually play on our servers and these days there are plenty of other places for players to go.

I only request that the day to day admining of the servers to our server admins and you can work on your plans for the future.  You're the only one with the resources to make that happen so we'll look forward whatever you envision.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 01:51:23 am by Rangerbob »

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 01:34:13 am »
+1
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 01:37:36 am »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rangerbob
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 01:40:39 am »
Let me add one more thing for all other admins reading this.  Admins are human and therefore make mistakes.  A good admin and a good person will recognize when they make a mistake and man up to it.  It pisses me off to apologize or recognize that I'm wrong but its a very important characteristic to have if you're going to be in charge.

Therefore while I am one of our head admins (dunno how long that'll be) I'm going to ask that if you screw up and ban someone by mistake fess up, say sorry and make it right.  When you make a ban make sure you give a reason before/after the ban so we have a record of it in the server log.  Kicks and mutes you don't have to record as they really don't have much effect on the game.  Remember do your best to make the game fun for who are actually trying to play the game.

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 02:02:53 am »
This should not be something discussed in a public forum.

Donk i will either communicate with you in a private message or text. All other admins can send me a private message where i will try and reply at the next available time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login