Author Topic: Whatever happened to Risen, Bashabazouk, Union, and Legio Italica v. Shogunate,  (Read 10000 times)

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
Well according to ridiculous spawn bugs, aggresor side has a huge handicap.
So it's like a cold war on south, both sides assembling huge armies to wave each other from borders  :twisted:.No one intends to attack as far as i know.Enjoying summer > Having buggy battles of disappointment.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Well according to ridiculous spawn bugs, aggresor side has a huge handicap.
So it's like a cold war on south, both sides assembling huge armies to wave each other from borders  :twisted:.No one intends to attack as far as i know.Enjoying summer > Having buggy battles of disappointment.

Now if people are actually hacking your accounts and rosters - thats another story, I wouldnt fight either, but it sounds like thats been fixed.  Either way the new spawn system could stay this way forever so lets get some more fun battles to fight on the battle list.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:33:29 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Kapikulu_Ersah_Han

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
We have had the same spawns in the North, just push out from your spawn using heavy cav and heavy infantry in your first wave - problem solved.  We havent had any issues up here, we did take a spawn halfway through one abttle, but thats not a bug.  We were fighting the mercs around the same time as your battles and it was a lot of village fights and the spawn thing is really not a big issue and not a reason to call off a war.

Now if people are actually hacking your accounts and rosters - thats another story, I wouldnt fight either, but it sounds like thats been fixed.  But dealying because of how the new sapwn works is silly, we just countered by using cav and infantry pushing hard out from spawn in the first minute instead of grouping up around the spawn and making it an easy capture asa ttackers with 1 spawn.

And Classical - very very subtle, i think I might have almost missed it with how deeply subtle that was.  Either way the new spawn system could stay this way forever so lets get some more fun battles to fight on the battle list.  I dont really care who fights as long as not everyone just sits around and does nothing for the next  month, like many have done for the last month.
Legio battle was only 2 minutes : 1 minute for attackers to spawn after defenders  and then it was only 1 minute that they got our spawn.61 men were in legio team and only 20 of them spawned so dont take as an offense but its making me sick that u are talking like genius as a tactician which seems u dont know anything about it =)

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
Kesh what they are trying to say is the legio attacked at the same time as the risen.

The defenders spawned first getting to the attackers spawn before the other team spawned.

Making it a massacre at the enemy spawn.

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
i seen people putting consturction sites over the spawn flags at the start,which seemed to stop most attempts at capping spawns in the first 5 minutes, could try that.
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
The defenders spawned first getting to the attackers spawn before the other team spawned.

i seen people putting consturction sites over the spawn flags at the start,which seemed to stop most attempts at capping spawns in the first 5 minutes, could try that.

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
i played in about 6 battles where the spawn bug was abused and never did the enemy team get to the flag before atleast 1 attacker spawned even with cav rushes,there was atleast 15 guys spawned even with the closest of spawns, and all it takes is 1 guy to put down a construction site
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
You forgot something Kesh, for you Strategus is a new thing, you enjoy finding new game mechanics, like attacking from fief or trying to reinforce AI fief (all of this have been done in last strat) or you enjoy managing your memebers and troops, organizing attacks, etc.

But all of this is pretty old for majority of clan, ppl only take their claims, trying to find (or waiting for) new things, but now ppl realize that there is no new things (this is only old strat without larger armies).
Majority of clan already tested if their member and which member are reactive and used to strat

So once again, ppl are waiting for the wind of change.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
Actually Blondin, I was around for old strat.  Still find it fun, just a little too crowded and yet seems like fewer battles and wars then before even though more crowded and huge mega-alliances of 30% of the player base seem to be happening much faster than before.

They have fixed it so defenders get teleported back to their spawn after first minute that fixed that issue with defenders atking spawn before all atatckers spawn.

The fact is chadz is probably not going to change it anytime soon, if at all, and it would suck that we have no more cool battles simply because most clans are worried about the spawn system.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:34:52 pm by Keshian »

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
If the european clans are too cowardly to prompt war, should we not do them the favor then? Once the squabble over Northern Empire lands is through, let some NA clan with the balls for it invade the territory of any European clan and show them what real spawn rape is like!

All NA clans would then follow suit, and we'd have WWIII, and broken spawn points be damned! It's not like we need to spawn to win.

Also damn the ridiculous pings. I like 300ish ping, it makes for a unique playing experience.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
Also damn the ridiculous pings. I like 300ish ping, it makes for a unique playing experience.

lol, you live in Fiji???  Many NA players on East Coast actually get about 100 ping, Midwest 150, and West Coast 200.

Either way people of course can do what they want, I just dont want to see 2 months of nothing simply because everyone keeps waiting for a change in the spawn system that is never going to happen.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 03:19:00 pm by Keshian »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Kesh, you failed in all your little wars to date, maybe you shouldn't speak as if you're some all knowing authority (then again, par for the course for you, you were making these stupid "I know better than everyone else" speeches pulled from your ass when you had just started playing). 30+ battles? Leading your 6 man clan in old Strat? You're a fucking Strat noob, stop fostering hatred and smack talk between NA and EU then have your butt buddies cry like little bitches about anti-American "racism".
Funny how seriously you take other people's wars, but when you've been obviously outplayed and fucked over "lolol, it's just a game man". Mind your own fail business.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:06:10 pm by Oberyn »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Diplomacy>war

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
Kesh, you failed in all your little wars to date, maybe you shouldn't speak as if you're some all knowing authority (then again, par for the course for you, you were making these stupid "I know better than everyone else" speeches pulled from your ass when you had just started playing). 30+ battles? Leading your 6 man clan in old Strat? You're a fucking Strat noob, stop fostering hatred and smack talk between NA and EU then have your butt buddies cry like little bitches about anti-American "racism".
Funny how seriously you take other people's wars, but when you've been obviously outplayed and fucked over "lolol, it's just a game man". Mind your own fail business.

Lol, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed (you do realize I have been playing just as long and probably more often than you oberyn?).  And you are right we have actually had 44 battles to date in new strategus.

There were 2 days where the defenders were not teleported back to their spawn and there was some glitches where if you died without killing anyone you didnt respawn and I cant remember if many of those battles down south occurred at that time, but right now its been fixed where the defenders being teleported back prevents a spawn rape unless you group up on your spawn as you first start instead of immediately pushing out.  And its most obvious if you do a field battle instead of atatcking a fief.

Strategus' main benefit is to create a daily list of battles that are actually entertaining and tests of skill and tactics instead of the usual battle/siege servers.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:35:46 pm by Keshian »

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA
  • Game nicks: CSA_Gen_Robert_E_Leet
Another issue with the Shogunate war is that their land is in Rhodok territory so its pretty mountainous. This often means the attackers spawning in the shadow of a bunch of hills, so that even if you manage to keep them from taking your spawn, they still have the high ground all around you due to their headstart. Which means trying to fight uphill as they rain arrows on you from every direction.
"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow to fondle it." - Robert E Leet

visitors can't see pics , please register or login