Author Topic: nerfed archer again  (Read 29775 times)

Offline Bensbane

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Boobiland
  • Game nicks: Bensbane
Re: nerfed archer again
« Reply #240 on: January 23, 2011, 04:44:38 pm »
Some gaming days after my last post, my comments :

I'm now lvl 24, 138 WPF and 5PD with my strong bow. And I can easily reach some 7-8 Kills per round on siege maps, with like 4-6 death.

When I focus on a player at middle range I generally can kill him in 2-4 arrows (with 8-12 failing ones, depending how..).
In the other hand, when a melee player focus me, if he is not injured, I die in 9 out of 10 of the times. But that's okey, they generally are to much busy with other melee players.

Overall, Archer it's pretty fun to play and not that hard. The bad points are the few TKs I do everyday, mostly from teammate running in the trajectory of my arrows after I release them. Or melee guys running in front of an archer spot when we're aiming.

I can do O-S H-S on most of the people (except the HIGH plate and IF guys), double-shot peasants and 3-4 shot middle-level guys. I don't engage flute plate people if they'are not already in melee with several team mates, it's a waste of arrows otherwise.

On the other hand, middle leveled 2Handers O-S all the times they can reach me, shield guy do it to (unless they're really noobs...), x-bows are pretty annoying cause they can recharge hidded and aim for two hours long.... others archers, it depend generally on our respective health. Throwers are a PLAGUE ! At middle range they shot a lot faster and can, for some of thems even O-S me with pretty acurate shots... I hate them and focus them everytime I can.

Horse guys are useless,... a simply do a side jump when they came close, I don't shoot their horse cause if they are on foot, it's mean I am dead (Yes, their horse are their weak point....).

In the score board, I usually stand in the 6-8 postitions with 6-4 // 8-6 scores, the top positions are for 24-4 Guys (which I don't know the class ! Oo)

So, for the Archer as it is right now : It's not realistic, but it's balanced with most of the other classes, with weak points and strong points.

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 23, 2011, 08:47:11 pm »
I don't know how other players love to play as archer now (writing on the forums, some of them, very brave, but where the they in games?).

Now cavalry (like was in real Medieval aged) are the kings of the fields.
They (looking by 2 last days) fear nothing.
Earlier:
3-4 battle lines:
1.shielders and suiciders :)
2.2H+Pole+Throwers+close_combat_Bow+Xbow
3.Long range bow and Xbow
4.Cavalry awaiting while battle starts, while Archers  find targets and start shooting and became blind. And only then tried to attack.

Archer (from their side) keeping team back from horsed (soc 2-3 Bow = death to almost all horses except Cata and tougher).

Earlier - team waited while archer clean up the field from enemy Cava (at least from some of them) to attack and dont turn head around seeeking from where incomming enemy Cavalry to kill you.

Today:

1. Cavalry rushing enemy resp (they have not any danger from infantry now)
2. Suicide player ^)
3. all other

Yes, footman's players can be happy. Now here is only fast slow bow.
Can be happy cavalry - they now have not any threat from "heavy" Bows (like before).
I'am mostly used Longbow and played on back line (far from front) to cover my team from Cavalry strikes from the back.
Now - when i see Cavalry and start nock (?) my bow sometimes they riding before me and riding away earler than my shoot ^).

So - existing situatuin in middle of bow line - looks .... From footman side - very nice.
When i runnung around with my 2H sword i even (for last week) never take a shiled (i have bastard sword and can take a shield).
Never. Because - I don't fear arrow anymore. I only fear throwing weapon (but my shield can take only 1-2 hits... so for me itsn't important).

So - if (even) middle and middle-high line of bow are ok (not sure) - but exactly one model of bow need some attention (and some developers love :) ) - it's LONGBOW.

P.s. I am pretty sure - if decrease all stats by two time (divide by 2) to ANY weapon - here will be founded some players what will play with those weapon.
And play not bad. And even be in top of rating table. So - your personal records doesn't proof anything.
To analyze needed not 1-2 experiments, but need to look at all situation at all (total).

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:48:48 pm by 3ABP »
              [STR] Strangers Faction
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 23, 2011, 09:26:17 pm »
I don't know how other players love to play as archer now (writing on the forums, some of them, very brave, but where the they in games?).

There is no nice way to say this..
If you could possible suck less cock, you might find archers to be in a good place yourself  ^_^

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #243 on: January 23, 2011, 09:31:55 pm »
I don't know where you playing, but I still see quite a few archers. I am yet to see a cavalry charging head first at the start of the round, always I see them lurking on the edge waiting for footmen to engage in melee, then pick them off or generaly laying waste to tunnelvisioning archers.
When I play my archer, I need a 2-3 shots to take down a horse with my warbow (PD 7, 150ish wpf), and I can do it from quite a distance. It's not really hard to land a long distanced shot on a cav, because they pretty much never expect to be hit from so far away and don't do any evasive manouvers.
Generally, I don't see any difference between pre-nerf/post-nerf. If the numbers of them dropped, I really didn't notice, a lot of shit flying through the air still.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 09:33:04 pm by Nemeth »

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Infamy: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 23, 2011, 09:53:58 pm »
Thx for correct and wise replayes.
But my my point (target of text) is to say (mostly) my feelings about my Longbow.
Now here is point to use Khergin, and Strong bows.
May be WarBow. And here is no point to use Longbow (because of last changes).
It`s bad.

With all above bow i give more profit (wih Longbow less).
And want to  - let developers will find a place in bow line for Longbow ^). That`s all.
              [STR] Strangers Faction

Offline Thtb

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 23, 2011, 10:03:48 pm »
My stance: Please buff archery again, if it means we get rid of the extreme dominance of throwing weapons. I hate both, but honestly, this is madness!

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #246 on: January 24, 2011, 01:59:26 am »
I'm an archer. It's fine now. Takes some skill now is all  :|
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 24, 2011, 02:50:56 am »
nvm sorry :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 02:59:37 am by Tai Feng »
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #248 on: January 24, 2011, 02:56:00 am »
I'm sorry if my post did not made it clear. That sentence was meant as "there is still a lot of archers", just a bit more eloquently. English is not my native language though, so if that sentence did not came out as I thought it would, I'm sorry for that.

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 24, 2011, 03:09:39 am »
Ah ok sorry, neither is mine.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 24, 2011, 04:54:18 am »
Archers stop complaining. Come join horse archers to see what really means being nerfed.  :)

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #251 on: January 24, 2011, 09:58:11 am »
Yeah or join the 1hander, big nerf and no cry!
Nerf on shield size, nerf on wp+shield prices because its double price for a set (btw somebody saw a steel shield on battlefield since patch?).
But nobody cry or whine, you know why?
Cos shielders are noobs or good players that adapt and shut up.

Offline Quamara

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nords
  • Game nicks: Quamara, Hanaestil, Shazmanyat, Hypatia
« Reply #252 on: January 24, 2011, 11:05:58 am »
Archers stop complaining. Come join horse archers to see what really means being nerfed.  :)

i am actually leveling a second archer going ha to see how bad the nerf is

i realised less archers on the field most of the time so they are no threat for any mounted troops so i can take the risk
most archers concentrate their shots on melee but they should concentrate on cav which is the bigger threat to them and the team

Offline Farrok

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Farrok
« Reply #253 on: January 24, 2011, 07:26:37 pm »

im an horse archer and yes...its impossible to do for the average HA...though i do still fine but need 5+ shots to kill an low armored player...

but for that i had already an suggestion.

HA Skill to agi /5 or make loose damage malus at 3 points in HA and Accuracy like native at 6-7 so an Horse Archer(or thrower/Crossbower) can choose Damage or Damage+able to hit something :P

after all its the only skill which need so much agi...and because of the lost wpf bonus from retirement and the soft level cap you cant expect any heavy armored pinpoint accurate Horse Archer Tank like Pre patch...
only some little flies who wants to bother the 2h spammer noobs, who are good on the battlefield because its the only class which didt recieve nerfs only buffs...

eah or join the 1hander, big nerf and no cry!
Nerf on shield size, nerf on wp+shield prices because its double price for a set (btw somebody saw a steel shield on battlefield since patch?).
But nobody cry or whine, you know why?
Cos shielders are noobs or good players that adapt and shut up.

no because Shielders was nerfed like 2-3 times in the past...archers like over 9000 times!

and even now they do fine, archers do fine too but not every noob can be an archer like the twohandspammers...
dont worry all other classes except 2hspammers are still shit because they will be always nerfed so the 2hspammers have an easier time...so when you dont want to be bothered by nerfed you choose the one and only class...

hell im an HA, i was banned before a battle start because im playing this class several times...

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #254 on: January 26, 2011, 11:56:37 pm »