Author Topic: Unban request - DTV  (Read 444 times)

Offline lenjurik

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • KING_UGBERT must fall
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Lenjurik_PxC, Rescue_Ranger_Chip
Unban request - DTV
« on: July 25, 2011, 03:23:02 am »
Hello, I am requesting global unban for my character Lenjurik_PxC

I am among the large amount of people banned for exploiting DTV last night.  At first, I did not realize that the exp/gold that it was stating was actually going through, as it did not appear on the character page when i pressed c.  I merrily engaged the the TK fest thinking it was of no consequence.  Later in the night, I logged back onto DTV to notice people again TKing like mad.  At this point I checked the website and noticed that xp/gold had indeed gone through.

Once the simple nature of the bug was revealed, people starting doing it sporadically...winning a round normally here and there, then starting back up again.  As the xp gain even when not doing to bug non-stop was still better than x5, I played along.  Through this mechanic, I gained basically enough experience and gold in a single night what would have taken several playing normally.  Also, I avoided the usual repair costs by accomplishing all this naked.

I knew that it was a bug, and had seen many different incarnations of bugs on DTV before, in previous versions.  I honestly thought it was a harmless vice considering the grinding nature of DTV in general but after becoming globally banned from all servers I deeply regret taking part in it.  At the time I found it unbelievable that I was setting myself up for a global ban, yet here I am, proving how foolish this train of thought was.  I do not claim ignorance  but i do ask for forgiveness in this matter, and can assure you that i will not be messing about DTV again as these bugs seem to be coming fast and furious and i do not want to get caught up with some minor gain only to be global banned.  Sorry for the abooze!

This is my first offense...I have been playing for about 3 months and have no previous bans.  My behavior on the normal battle and siege servers does not reflect the exploitative adventures I had on DTV last night. 

Additionally, I have provided feedback on the bug forum for this exploit and how to fix it (turn off ff).  I would be happy to speak to admins further about how to ensure this wont happen again.

I am fully responsible for my unfair actions, and humbly apologize to both the other players and the administration for the taking advantage of this silly exploit.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:35:51 am by lenjurik »

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
Re: Unban request - DTV
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 12:10:05 pm »
The bug can be turned off by any admin at any time by unchecking the FF box
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
Re: Unban request - DTV
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 08:15:36 pm »
As already discussed on irc, unban on 27.7. plus the gold&xp reduction. Check the sticky.